PDA

View Full Version : Significant other's

CosmicGlassInc
07-29-2005, 10:57 PM
Am I the only one whos significant other hates the fact that they blow glass, instaed of spending time with them, its starting to kill our relationship, any suggestions!! Pleass help

PyroChixRock
07-29-2005, 11:18 PM
What reasons does s/he hate it for? Figure out why and adjust if possible, compromise on both ends. Honestly I can't think of any reasons someone would hate glassblowing, but things like...not making a lot of money or, wasting money, or working during alone time hours, etc. Things that make your partner resent glass.

Glassbackwards
07-30-2005, 12:51 AM
I deal with that shit to. My girl friend gets this attidude about me never spending any time with her. But hell I work a full 40hr week and then come home and need to blow glass so I can keep my inventory up and get my glass business up and going.

Royal
07-30-2005, 01:21 AM
for me and all the girlfriends ive had while i have been blowing that is always a topic.

skip
07-30-2005, 03:10 AM
damn I thought there was a new disease around .... That's what it sounds like.... Signifigant other...Man where a condom that sounds dangerous and contagious....

bc
07-30-2005, 05:23 AM
Damn I must be luckly cause my girl is mad chill. She loves it when I bring home some new piece I've beeen werkin on for eight hours. When the job does start to demand more hours I explain it an she usually understands. Try that 'we need our ouwn time' thing...I dunno...get a chill girl? lol

David Sandidge
07-30-2005, 06:14 AM
I dealt with that for a long time until finally I made space for her in my workshop and taught her to make beads. Now she's into it and happy to be sharing glass with me.

Dale M.
07-30-2005, 08:42 AM
There seems to be several choices...

Invite her/him into studio and be part of it..
Devote several hours of "quality time" just to her/him (dinner-movie- day at beach- something) a week.
Just put up with her/his trash talk and hope he/she gets over it.
Just tell her/him goodbye.

First though, is to talk to SO to see if there really is a problem or if SO is just jealous of the glass or time you spend with glass.

Dale

Micah Evans
07-30-2005, 10:40 AM
I found a glassblowing girlfriend, which is great except she blows soft glass! No matter what I do or how big I get she always says "thats cute".......no respect. First time N8 came over and gave us a stick stack demo with a 64mm sleeve we were all impressed with the size. Then we went to the soft shop to visit my girlfriend Amanda and she was just finishing a 4 gather tall bottle that probably stood over 4 feet tall, she finished it complained a little about the heat and proceeded to go outside and throw up because of the heat and weight and then came back in and started another. We just stood there slack jawed, no longer wanting to tell her our "big stick stack story" we suddenly felt like the biggest pussies in the world.

i guess my advice to you is to try and get her interestd in glass in someway, just don't get her too interested. then she won't pay any attention to you!

me

$$$$$$$
07-30-2005, 10:46 AM
I gotta give alex credit for saying this. don't let your chick blow glass with you, she'll be gettin up on all you color and dichro... :rollin

Chris Carlson
07-30-2005, 01:13 PM
i'm having mad issues.

PyroChixRock
07-30-2005, 01:27 PM
It's not so bad, at least you're not getting shit for not blowing glass enough! That has happened to us in the past! :lol

Micah Evans
07-30-2005, 01:47 PM
Its hard man, glass is a medium that evokes an extreme amount of passion. Passion not unlike human to human, you need to have an extreme love for the medium to work as much as you do. Sometimes it can make your significant other feel like second best, you just need to find away to show her she stands alone to you. a sculpture or finished piece that has real meaning behind it goes a long way, show her you can use glass to express what she means to you and she will start to see things in a different way. I often make Amanda pieces using techniques i don't normally use, or make something i never have before as a gift. Not only does she appreciate the time i spent away from her but it also makes her happy that she has something nobody else does. Often times the piece just sucks but it really is the thought behind it and the effort involved. Then i follow up with regular little gifts like small flower marbles hidden somewhere for her to find when you know shes had a bad day, stuff like that, start a backstock of little gifts to make her feel special. you need to associate glass with good feelings for her and it will be easier to justify those long nights away.

thats my Dr. Phil moment, good luck man i know its hard.

me

Matt Hess
07-30-2005, 01:53 PM
My girlfriend loves that i blow glass it helped us connect in the beggining of our relationship. I think if u can get her intrested enough in either the techinical, art, or business aspect of your glass blowing you can hold conversations about what u made what your gonna make next. Let her pick out a couple sections and a general idea or shape to make your next project with. At first my girl was confused with all the lampworking terms but now she can hold conversations with me using those "weird" words like "lattacino" etc.. and she knows what it means. In my experience your significant other will allways pout a bit when they loose together time but if they know why your doing it its allot easier to explain why your doing it. If i run out of oxy or propane my girl will get it for me while im at work just to suprise me when i get home. When GA had there big color sale this year she spent 250.00$ on color for me as a suprise. Get them interested it will work.

Good Luck, Matt

michaelangeloglass
07-30-2005, 04:34 PM
Yo, I kicked my girl to the curb.

That works .... Right?

lol

Mike

jiminyrootkit
07-30-2005, 09:15 PM
i did what david did.....2nd torch, beads.
of course, having never made much but pendants as far as beads go, i wasn't real good at teaching mandrel beads....
and i need to get her a redmax or at least a midrange + with the premix top.....6b wasn't even close to hot enough once she used the little laser torch a couple times.
beware, if you get them shitty equipment they'll likely lay claim to yours
-f

Infinity glass
07-30-2005, 11:46 PM
dude dont be like me and try to push your girl into glass i lost one girl to that. she ended up hateing it and hateing that i didnt do it enough or i spent to much time learning about it ect ect.. allways bitchng about sumthing glass related. if its not u pushing then hey tell her its your job and its what ud o to make money but whatever u do dont sacrifice your work time to work around hers you will end up screwing yourself over in the end. trust me i went threw it it sucks u get sad u work less u go broke. make her a toy then she will learn to luv it lol.

drunkn late ramble

IrieGuy05
07-31-2005, 12:13 AM
"it sucks u get sad u work less u go broke." yeah that sums it up...

CosmicGlassInc
07-31-2005, 03:10 AM
Thanks for all the tips yall, tried pushing her to try it out be she aint down, not sure what to do, she wants me to spend more time with her and I end up not working enough, compromiseing sucks, always bitching about this shit, whatever, well see.

Irie summed it up pretty well,

get sad, work less, go broke

No wonder I have 2 jobs

RedHotBeads
07-31-2005, 07:07 AM
It's hard when you aren't getting support from your SO. I am fortunate; my husband totally supports my glasswork and the money I spend on it, and doesn't bitch about the time I'm in my shop. But -- my shop's in the garage, so I'm never too far from anyone. Keep working on getting her interested; there are so many facets, there's gotta be one she'd like to deal with.
Kelly

madgco
07-31-2005, 08:09 AM
Of course some SO's arent going to like the unstable business. I on the other hand encouraged my husband to blow. I became the boss right away. I call work houres, keep the sales books, even set his price. I dabble a bit myself and plan to work more as my youngest will start school this fall. I choose this profession for my family because it gives us maximum time together. Our shop is at home so we can both stay home and raise the kids. Our 8 year old even wants to work the torch any opportunity he is given. I know how people in our business can be so Im verry business head strong. I dont put up with slacking! Its all about, make over a bill a day so we can live. :lol

David Sandidge
07-31-2005, 08:50 AM
Okay guys, the problem is obvious. The thing that a woman wants the most is attention. She also wants to be the most important thing in your life. This is the key to your happiness. A man is typically happy if his woman is happy. If a woman isn't happy and satisfied, you are gonna be miserable. She will blame you. Making glass isn't the problem, the problem can be anything that gets in her way of your attention. If she is fullfilled, you can spend as much time as you'd like doing whatever. The reason RedHotBeads gets support from her husband is because he understands that to her, glass is fullfilling, thus he is free to spend his time doing whatever he likes be it watching football, sleeping on the couch, or going out to have a beer with his buds. If your woman can't find her way to fill her time, you're never gonna get past this problem.

Dale M.
07-31-2005, 08:58 AM
Okay guys, the problem is obvious. The thing that a woman wants the most is attention. She also wants to be the most important thing in your life. This is the key to your happiness. A man is typically happy if his woman is happy. If a woman isn't happy and satisfied, you are gonna be miserable. She will blame you. Making glass isn't the problem, the problem can be anything that gets in her way of your attention. If she is fullfilled, you can spend as much time as you'd like doing whatever. The reason RedHotBeads gets support from her husband is because he understands that to her, glass is fullfilling, thus he is free to spend his time doing whatever he likes be it watching football, sleeping on the couch, or going out to have a beer with his buds. If your woman can't find her way to fill her time, you're never gonna get past this problem.

Well said....

Dale

Chris Carlson
07-31-2005, 09:44 AM
i'm sad, i'm working less, i'm broke. and i am missing AGI cuz it is her bday that weekend and now its too late.. was going to go to the flame off instead, but only cuz eugene is her hometown. now i dont even want to go to that. yay. chris.

Mac Maestro
07-31-2005, 10:34 AM
If you are sad, not working, or broke, It's time for a CHANGE.
There's a million fish in the sea.
Find a sane and supportive one.

(proffesional single guy: please ignore)

bc
07-31-2005, 11:04 AM
and that's good adfvice from an man who's never had a woman, or a fish, okay well maybe a fish. :lol

$$$$$$$
07-31-2005, 11:20 AM
My girl and I broke up recently, and were both cool with it. I seem to be getting a lot more work done. I usually work at night and now I can actually get shit done, rather than have her calling me an hour after I started working to be like, I'm going to bed, you should come over..

But Chris, here's my advice. Can you believe it? Real advice from Adam.. No way! ok here goes

When you get into a heavy relationship, you start ignoring or forgetting things about a person that you wish they would do or you know things that you’re missing from your relationship, or whatever. Basically what I'm trying to say is, the longer you’re with someone the more they warp what your "dream girlfriend" means to you. For example let's say she doesn't cook or something, as time goes on you begin to not care as much about that as you first did. And I’m sure with any girl there's 50 things, small and large things.

Then you break up, and you’re all sad and shit, thinking that this girl was perfect and how no one else could be like her or whatever. Once you snap out of the mental grasp that your girl had on you, you realize that she wasn't the greatest or she wasn't what you really wanted in life. And soon enough you will find a girl that is 10 times better than your ex.

That’s my take on things, that happened to me 2 girlfriends ago and now I see breaking up in a whole different light. Because you never know what will come your way next, and if your any sort of cool person (this is directed toward everyone, not you Chris) there is plenty of chicks that will want to be with you. Shit I've got over 32 waiting in line right now..

I am a personal believer in destiny, and if shit happens, it's all good because there's something waiting for you.

Damn I feel like a sell out, getting all real and deep with my post....hahha :lol

By the way there's tons of hot Michigan fresh water bitches for ya up here..

Mac Maestro
07-31-2005, 12:47 PM
Sell out. ;)

It's OK to ___ fish. 'Cuz they, don't have any feelings.
--Kurt Cobain.

PalisadeGlassGallery
07-31-2005, 04:07 PM
Dave Sandridge.. is right on.. Good Job Dave! [I] One item missed I strongly believe is simply the fact that if your making a living from glass..( and a living is over $50 bucks an hr. ) its a good job.. If your making a life in glass and not a living.. its interference .. ( Go get a job to carry you over. ) If by all means you love glass over anything else .. Its call Obsession.. Get a Life...
Of course if your really not wanting a relationship.. Make one hell of a glass dildo for her .. she will truly enjoy it more then you ... ( don't ask me what a man needs, can't blow glass with harry palms.. or can ya?? ) Hmmm enough said...from this farm house.!

Mr. Smiley
08-01-2005, 04:56 AM
I don't really have much insight that hasn't been expressed. For me, glass is definitely an obsession. I dream about it... my wife can be talking to me when we're driving and I have no clue what she's saying... I'm working on a piece in my head. On her days off, I get up early and go right to the torch. I'm lucky, because she understands what makes me tick. We've been together so long, we don't really have those new relationship problems. My work habbits used to really upset her. She didn't understand why I used to get up at 2 AM and go work on something... when the spirit moves an artist, we just have to go. I have figured out so many things in my sleep... especially 10 years ago, when I used to do Fimo millis. She got over it and started to understand that my working wasn't about not spending time with her. Her and the kids are the most important people in my life... all the work I do is really for them. If I was single, I'd be way too lazy and wouldn't care to try so hard. So, my advise is to explain yourself to her... maybe she'll get it, maybe she won't. Find some other ways to show her you love her... then maybe she'll let you have your space. If not, it wasn't meant to be.

Chris Carlson
08-01-2005, 09:24 AM
Thanks guys!! i told her to move home. its funny, now that it seems resolved, she seems to fucking love me and my obsession for glass!! what the hell!! i think she's leaving in two weeks. i think.

Cupcake- thanks for gettin real for a second. dont give him a hard time folks, he just feels bad cuz i keep burning myself trying to perfect rodeo stringers, what you dont know is i got a new trick called triple super rodeo stringers. three at once!!

chris.

CosmicGlassInc
08-01-2005, 03:20 PM
Yeah, thanks for all the input on this guys, cant believe got such a response, guess im not the only one with this problem, We are just trying to talk it out and see what happens, still working on it though. :ohwell:

Good luck chris, hope it works out for ya. ;)

Throck

misticglass
08-01-2005, 11:27 PM
i was dating a potter girl at college that for some reason couldnt stand when i met new people and mentioned that i blew glass or showed off a marble in my pocket. she always called me a bragger and stuff when really i was just trying to mention who i was and what i do. it made me very self conciouse untill i realized she was just being a player hater and for some reason didnt like what made me happy.

glassblowers seem to have a certain personallity and i think the reason alot of us stick with it is becuase of all the compliments we receive. Which can cause conflicts with the people closest to you.

i broke up with that girl, and now im seeing a red head who is equally crazy but happy to help me sell stuff or drive with me to stores. she even made a glass panda bear pretty decently her first time on the torch.

CosmicGlassInc
08-03-2005, 10:29 PM
Hey talkin it out seems to work, we are makeing progress and hopefully issues are resolved, one day at a time, life aint easy for any of us! Its all about the love.

fl0werchilde
10-26-2005, 01:19 AM
Wow - there are otherz out there -

but I think that my significant other hatez more than just glass -
I think he hates me and whatever makes me happy...
....including where we lived up until a year ago (I moved outta Oregon :(
august 3rd 2004)
My husband hatez....and i do mean HATEZ that I am into glass it drivez him nutz....he hated living in Oregon too and thought that if we moved to Phoenix that I would quit blowing glass coz of tha heat. He hatez what I do so much that he str8 up refused to get a job and sat on his ass for four years.....I shit you not....even after our daughter Gracë was born he didn't go out and look for werk - not even once and to make life even more stressful (yes, it WAS[U] possible.... he wouldn't (and still won't) watch her so I could go out and werk.....so we ended up running out of cash and i had to ask my folks to help us out - and they helped HIM out allright......they moved us out to Phoenix where they are and right where he wanted to be.....

He doez thiz becauz he doesn't think men and women can be (and remain) strictly platonic friendz....he thinkz that every time I go to a glass shop that I waz/am trying to h00k up with every blower in the shop. I have been accused of i quote..."blowing a lot more than glass"...so many timez that I have considered putting a security cam in my shop in tha back yard and give him the remote and VCR to prove that all im doin out there is spinning glass.....im no expert but I'm pretty sure that he doesn't love [I]me at all - he lovez controlling me.....lovez hurting me.....
I dont think that thiz iz what marriage iz all about i thought that we were supposed to want to see eachother happy.....

sometimes I think about when we met....
what happened to the awesome guy who totally swept me off of my feet almost five yearz ago.....
life was a complete 180 before we tied the knot....
almost five yearz ago...

PyroChixRock
10-26-2005, 01:36 AM
Awe shit that sucks girl! I remember when you posted on the old board that you were moving, sure wish that wasn't why. Hang in there, and hope things get better, or leave his ass and make things get better heh. Life is what you make it. Good luck babe!

fl0werchilde
10-26-2005, 01:49 AM
thankz misha....
:) but yea he'z the reason fer it all
...........but she (Gracë) is why it'z bearable

you end up doing some ffar - fetched cr-A-Mazing thingz you never would dream of being able to do or put up with for yer kid........you know that.....

shit now i'm gitting all teary eyed -----
now thatz far-fetched

PyroChixRock
10-26-2005, 01:58 AM
yeah I know that all too well. There's always a warm shop here for ya girl, if you ever want to visit home. I'm in portland now. ;)

Stagger Lee
10-26-2005, 04:24 AM
Do what I do, when we're together ALWAYS try to get sum lovin. After awhile she'll get tried of you always ask for some play. Then she'll say "why don't you go blow some glass or sumthin". Or.......... she'll be into the sex all the time thing............ if that happens WHOOP WHOOP!!!

Or you can just marry her, have some kids. then she'll just stop wanting you around and you'll need all the extra cash you can get. (hint, hint...that what I really did....)

Robert Mickelsen
10-26-2005, 05:20 AM
I married a woman who knew nothing at all about glass or who I was in that respect but loved me anyway. Then I cleverly bought her a garage set-up and got her into beads for our first Christmas. Now she is as passionate as me and even helps me out with some of my work. And I do all of her web-coding for her glass site and ebay. The secret to making a relationship work with glass is to get the 'significant other' involved in a meaningful way. Simple.

- RAM

Cosmo
10-26-2005, 06:09 AM
My girlfriend is the one that got me started in glass....

She's a lampworker and silversmith. Yes, I am very lucky....

vetropod
10-26-2005, 07:19 AM
Flowerchilde - You really need to consider getting a divorce! That kind of relationship will only ever hurt you - a spouse should be supportive and friendly, not an a-hole!!!

It doesn't sound like leaving him would cause you any more financial hardship than you've currently got. It'll definitely suck going through the politics, but will serve you much better in the end!

I wouldn't be where I am today without the support of my wife! We switch back and forth between paying bills, covering erands, etc. Makes life a lot more bearable!

She's def not interested in doing glasswork, though. She got her own work cut out as a professional musician...

Wes.

smutboy420
10-26-2005, 07:39 AM
This post is mainly directed to flowerchilde.
It really sucks to read of your spousal situation. But sister if I can give you some advise even if at the risk of sounding harsh.
DUMP THAT LOOSER WITH THE BIG L on his head.
I don't know you from eve but I can tell you deserve better. No one deserves to be treated as a Possession. and no real man would act like your guy does. (I will refrain from calling your guy a man after what I just read about him.)
But he sounds like a controller and a user and very insecure. So if he sits on his ass I'm going to assume its you that brings home the bacon and does what needs to get done if its going to get done. On top of that if he's not even willing to help you out with child rearing duties he IS A LOOSER IN MY BOOK. he sounds like a classic text book manipulator. who's only care in the world is if HE IS happy regardless of if he makes you happy or not, as long as he gets his way right?
Let me guess about when he don't ever get his way. Does he throw a big hissy fit and then if that don't work start putting you down To make him self feel better?
I don't imagine him to be all that faithful to you based on his statement that " He doez thiz becauz he doesn't think men and women can be (and remain) strictly platonic friendz...
It sounds like what hes trying to say is "HE can't see a women, any women for that matter as ANYTHING but a sexual object first and formost. What he's really trying to say is HE CAN'T even be friends with a girl inless he at least thinks he has a chance of getting some from her. or why bother WASTING YOUR TIME pretending to be her friend if shes not putting out? To me if he can't even see the possibility that a man and a women CAN be friends. is just about the same as him saying he can't see any thing in a women that would make it WORTH IT to be her friend if shes not spreading her legs. So hes equating that to mean that if some guy is at all your friend that you must be putting out.
But you know what? I know if I started accusing my girl friend meghan of sleeping around on me I know that would be the most sure way a man could end up having another man in his women. EVERY TIME HE ACCUSES you of messing around you should make it a point to go sleep with 3 random pepole (by the way my # is 518-46.....) :-)
then go home and tell him about it and let him know that will happen each and every time he EVER accuses you of sleeping around. AND MAKE SURE TO make it a point THAT ITS BECAUSE HE ACCUSED YOU OF IT.
TELL HIM ITS ALL HIS FAULT !!!! Then if that don't work really emasculate him and start tell him not only will you sleep around with 3 people each and every time he wants to accuse you of it. Tell him you will also openly talk about it to any body that knows him. Tell him its only fair that they know you do it because HE MAKES YOU DO IT.
Also Each and every time you come back from selling glass and he accuses you of "blowing more then glass" Tell him "ya but I got an extra $2 per piece tho!!"
Ether he's going to learn to keep his mouth shut or hes going to let you go ether way you win.
REALLY sister HE IS NOT A MAN. So don't feel sorry for him and let him get away with controlling you any more. He is the one thats going to have a hard time finding some one new. not you.

rumplephorskin
10-26-2005, 07:47 AM
Well; there really isnt any reason that a spouse shouldn't be supportive (or at the very least accepting) of any of our relationships with glass. It is a part of who we are and therefore a part of what makes up that person that our partner loves. I am inclined to think that someone who would pick apart that aspect of a persons life is merely using it because they know how much it means to you and its really just a cheap shot. It's commendable that you want to stay with this dipshit for your kid. But in the end your kid may suffer from that in the long run. Tell the guy he doesnt know how lucky he is and that if he likes youll go out and get a "real" job and then after child care.... transpo etc.... maybe after he does the math he'll chill a bit ;) If he doesnt.... get the "real" job and save your money and kick his ass 2 the curb

RedHotBeads
10-26-2005, 08:33 AM
Flowerchilde...you deserve much, much better than that, and to be treated with respect. I know it's easier said than done ... dump him ... but there's a guy out there who will treat you the way you deserve to be. :)

Cosmo
10-26-2005, 09:35 AM
Damn, how did I miss that post?

Flowerchilde, having been in the same situation (it's eerie how similar it sounds to my situation) I can say from experience you need to get out while you can. I was married for 7 years to a woman who worked for maybe 8 months of that time. She had tons of excuses, but I think she thought her job was making me miserable. I worked two jobs to support myself, her and our daughters. I was constantly accuesd of cheating (like I had the time to do that!) when in reality it was her who was cheating. I didn't find out until after we divorced. And, before anyone asks, yes, both children are mine.

I don't know you, but I know that nobody deserves that. I'm willing to bet that there are tons of guys out there who would jump at the chance to be with you and treat you right. I know it's hard because you are in the situation, and we are on the outside looking in, but I know from experience that getting out is the best thing you can do. For you and your child.

Okay, enough playing Dr. Phil for me....

PyroChixRock
10-26-2005, 10:30 AM
You know I was just saying to Matt and Blake yesterday that we needed another girl in the shop...

fyrsmith
10-26-2005, 10:44 AM
I have been blowing glass for over 30 years, but never made much money at it (had other jobs for support). Last January I said to my SO, " Ok, i'm getting close to retirement and we need to make this make money. I'm going to make a lot of glass, you need to figure out how to sell it."
She has been doing all my ebay sales, always "watching her babies" to see how they are doing. She also gets first choice, the "manager's cut" of my stuff. So, now she is quite involved and happy to be doing it. When I don't get stuff photographed and photoshopped and on her computer she lets me know about it. Getting her involved with something she is good at was a great solution to "you spend so much time in the studio" problem.

-Don-

CosmicGlassInc
10-26-2005, 11:33 AM
Get out while you still can. Leave that dude, anybody that could sit on there but for four years is not somebody that is going to look into the future and be able to support a growing family. Go back to Oregon. My 2 cents. Good luck

My girl and I are doing a lot better lately, I set up 2 torches on the bench so we can work together, she has been makeing flowers. Pretty nice too.

Batou
10-26-2005, 12:42 PM
it's sad to see so many people who have such trouble getting their SO to accept glass. i guess i'm one of the fortunate ones. i have been with my fiancee for 9 years now and when i told her that i wanted to blow glass her responce was "well, what will it take?" and after i picked myself up off the floor she followed up with the proclimation that i WILL have a couch for her. it's nice having a reasonable SO. i think one of the things that made it so easy for her to accept glass as a passion of mine is the fact that she has become an attorney at law and she knows how much time she will be spending burning lean muscle sitting at a computer.

--AK THrock,
i'm glad to see that you have had luck getting your SO involved, it's nice to now that people can get others to re-think the philosophy of the way should be vs. the way things are.

--Flowerchilde,
NOBODY should have to live with that, especially you and your child. marriage should not be a fight. sure marriage includes some fights but never should it be a constant battle. you and your little one deserve so much more, including happiness. i wish you the best.
p.s.
if you have friends still in oregon perhaps they would be a better support system than HIM.

---s

fyrsmith
10-26-2005, 07:08 PM
Flowerchilde, you are getting a lot of good advice.......please take it seriously....from another person who has been there and done that and am much happier for having gotten out and changed my life......
my SO and I have been married for 21 years now!!!

-Don-

fl0werchilde
10-27-2005, 01:23 AM
sweeeet -- Misha I appreci8 it - :)

a lot :)
i MISS portland sooooooooooooooooooo much :'(

fl0werchilde
10-27-2005, 01:31 AM
yeah everyone I mean it tooo - ---------- thankz.........itz sumthin i been considerin for a loooong time now - jest that itz gona be messy when the shit hitz tha fan ya know what i mean :P but I thank you all - so much from tha bottom of my heart - it sux to know that 'significant otherz' put artistz thru such heartache for wanting to do somethig they love to do.....itz like they need to find something that they are equally az passionate about and have that taken away from them to be able to understand.....but I dont' have the heart to try to take something away from anyone - not somethign they love NE way.........

but seriously thankz a lot guyz :) i mean it :)

rumplephorskin
10-27-2005, 05:01 AM
WOW this might be the hottest thread ever!!! over 1,000 views !!! usually it takes something like makin fun of mr eight-7 to get this kind of response. Hang in there girl you'll be ok;)

vetropod
10-27-2005, 06:24 AM
... it sux to know that 'significant otherz' put artistz thru such heartache for wanting to do somethig they love to do.....itz like they need to find something that they are equally az passionate about and have that taken away from them to be able to understand ...

I'd have to say that these type of folks are INsignificant Others. A real Significant Other actually cares about what you do and is supportive of it. If they don't, then they're worthless!!!

Wes.

JDeMoss
10-30-2005, 09:28 PM
Having 100 necklaces for my wife to pick through in the morning before she goes to work sure helps things.
I felt bad for spending so much time with my glass that I bought her a pottery wheel and put it in the garage with my glass stuff so she could spend time with me. Now the wheel has a bunch of stuff stored on it because she never really got into it.....so much for that.
Luckily she is very supportive because she knows that I love it. In any relationship it is give and take. She knows glass makes me happy so she has no problem with me doing it. And I allow her to do what makes her happy.
Well I could talk for hours on this subject as I have been with my wife for so long (together from Jr. high until we graduated college before even getting married) and we have been through so much. And although we love each other more than anything, we both agree that if we were miserable together we would not stay together.

well....good luck with your S/O's

glasshead
10-31-2005, 02:39 AM
Hey flowerchilde-As a wiseman named Dan Savage says,"DTMFA!" (DUMP THE MOTHERFUCKER ALREADY!!!!!!)

skip
10-31-2005, 03:36 AM
hmm sounds a lot like DTB....

IrieGuy05
10-31-2005, 04:52 AM
Ditch The Bitch???

Sol
10-31-2005, 03:28 PM
yay i scored me a chickie....and i taught her to make pendants and now she sells em just as much as me......and shes cute[IMG] she still bitches when i wanna work and not lay down some lovin but she also understands that its all i wanna do for a living,screw workin for anyone else. MAKE A LIVING!!!!!I am the luckiest bastard in my zip code prob...lol

borealisglass
11-01-2005, 06:57 AM
I'm a significant other.....don't blow glass, but do everything else. Guess that keeps me busy enough to not care. Maybe see if she wants to get involved with photographing the glass, that is a creative outlet that still has something to do with glass and you without going balls out.