PDA

View Full Version : Painted Flames That Look Real

Anakin's Glass Eye
07-31-2005, 12:38 PM
Took the kiddies to State Fair Park a couple weeks ago for a car show. The show was lame and we could not wait to get outta there. It was over 90 degrees in the baking sun and the cars were lame. I'll stick to foreign sports cars, thank you. No more Hot Rods for me.

Anyway, the whole day was not lost. In the air conditioned expo building I found one
thing worth seeing. A truck with the best :flame: flames :flame: paint job I've
ever seen. When I grow up (never) I'm gonna paint everything like this:

http://www.anakinsglasseye.com/meltingpot/flames.jpg

Royal
07-31-2005, 02:00 PM
those are sick!!! you know the artists name?

Glassbackwards
07-31-2005, 04:02 PM
maybe those cars at that perticular show sucked but hot rods in general? If I had the money I would drive a classic for my every day vehicle. But those flames are f*cken killer. My uncle ahs been learning airbruch car detailing, pinstriping etc.... He took a class by some guy who created a new tech for realistic flames I don't know if thats his work or not and I can't remeber his name right now. HEY and its my 100th post.

chayes
07-31-2005, 09:01 PM
That guy painted a helicopter. it was landing somewhere and some people saw it and called the fire department. Now thats realistic. I don't know his name either but i'm pretty sure i saw it on the discovery channel.

Blowfish
08-01-2005, 12:18 AM
speaking of flames, anyone know some good techniques to make flames on pipes?

bc
08-01-2005, 05:51 AM
tribal

blazeoffire
08-01-2005, 10:59 AM
Those look so real!
I want to get my Harley painted like that.
Fits my Blaze Of Fire Glass Theme too....
Awsome!

Greymatter Glass
08-01-2005, 11:02 AM
I want my torch painted up like that. and my kiln. and my garage door. and maybe along the bottoms of the walls.

FIRE FIRE FIRE

-Doug

Udai Hussien
08-01-2005, 11:03 AM
yeah thatssick, i know a handfull of really good airbrush artists, that mak designs like that, andI know one guy (milton) in downtown rakeigh who specializes in organs, blood, sinew, and brains,,, I swear he has done a helmet that looks like the side was blown off and your brains were exposed

Infinity glass
08-01-2005, 11:39 AM
now that sounds sick. ya those r sum good flames there who has pics of the helicopter i want to see that