PDA

View Full Version : gp order? what would you do?

broken glass
08-03-2005, 01:04 PM
I have been talking to a prospective custie, through gp.org. I told him i could send in state CA ONLY!! Then he replies with a letter asking if San Diego is close enough, (and a wierd comment about how i am misenterpreting the laws regarding sending out of state) he also offered to buy a price list of my pieces, and says he wants to buy more than one. I respond that i would be willing to drive to SD, and show him in person, and save the hassle of mail transactions. Five days later, he sends me a email saying that he wants a "sample" piece similar to one on gp, and i can get paid cash to drop it off to his dad in SD, and then it will be mailed to him in Pensilvania(of all places :sick: ).

im probably not gonna do it for a few reasons, but im wondering what you do??

broken glass
08-03-2005, 01:05 PM
I should have done a poll

Greymatter Glass
08-03-2005, 01:17 PM
If he wants to take the liability fo shipping, I'd consider it at least.

As for a "Sample" tell him you can deliver the piece to his dad for retail price which will be refunded on a $300+ purchase or something. (like make the sample value be 10% of the required sale value to get a refund)

I Am Not A Lawyer, but, iI would think f you're an ordinary citizen, in California of all places, and you're not shipping to people via Internet sales and dealing with Minors and doing a ton of business no one is going to come after you for an in state transaction. If his dad wants to ship it to PA that's his perogative.

-Doug

broken glass
08-03-2005, 01:41 PM
thx fo the good pricing suggestions.
I guess my main concern is a paranoia that by him telling me that it is going to a "dry" state, am i an accomplice to the act? In the miniscule chance that it is some elaborite police scam(did I mention paranoia?) Would it not be entrapment tho?

It pains me that I have to be so weird and ultraconservative. But having been in a cell for a short amount of time, I plan NEVER to go back.

IrieGuy05
08-03-2005, 01:52 PM
I think it sounds fishy, the feds had to induce tommy shong to send the tubes to pennsylvania, they begged him to mail them he said no, then they showed up and acted like they were going to buy the tubes in person but managed to trick someone there into mailing them instead. If he mentioned sending them to pennsylvania it sounds weird.

fattubes
08-03-2005, 02:32 PM
entrapment hapens everyday....do you have the $ to hire a lawyer and prove it....if not who cares if you were trapped or not you still would be in trouble

sounds pretty fishy
martin

duh
08-03-2005, 02:52 PM
I wouldn't do it just because he siad pensylviania..

that's how they bunt every1 in Operation Pipe Dream,, got them to send to pensylvania.....

you can't blow glass in jail dude! (i asked)

Julian
08-03-2005, 07:25 PM
Ha, thats sounds pretty weird indeed....
Pennsylvania + South Dakota = Stack of Doom (like a pancake stack)