04-12-2007, 03:24 PM
You're Invited to Experience
the Magic & Artistry of Hot Glass
at Virginia's Only Festival Devoted to Art Glass

Saturday, April 28, 9am to 6pm
Sunday, April 29, 9am to 5pm
Inside Sunspots Studios in Historic Staunton, Virginia
FREE ADMISSION!

Watch as artists shape beautiful art objects from molten-hot glass.
See art glass beads created before your eyes in flaming torches.
On-going demonstrations of glass blowing, flame working, sand casting, & fusing.
Buy beautiful, one-of-a-kind art glass jewelry, vases, paperweights, & more
from dozens of artists in one location.
Also watch Lisa Geiman paint, & the VA Stonecarvers sculpt across from Sunspots.

See more pictures on our website, www.sunspots.com/VA_Hot_Glass_Fest.htm

For more information, contact:

Sunspots Studios & Glassblowing
202 South Lewis St.
Staunton, Va 24401
(540) 885-0678
fax (540) 885-9815
info@sunspots.com
www.sunspots.com

(i will be attending this festival for the first time this year...looks like fun!)

ACE
04-12-2007, 04:00 PM
gosh, staunton is like 3 hours away, not that bad....

if i can pull my shit together maybe i'll see you there gypsea!!

gypsea
04-12-2007, 04:12 PM
cool...! that would be great ace....i would love to meet you.

Cosmo
04-13-2007, 09:30 AM
Yeah. It should be a great show. Last year was really good, and there will be probably twice as many flameworkers there this year.

To anyone going...

I'm taking all my torches (my CC, MidRange, the minors we teach on, etc.) for demonstration purposes. So if you want to demo and don't want to bring your torch, I'll have some available for you.

ACE
04-13-2007, 10:06 AM
hmmmm?? demos??? i figured that there were people that signed up already or were asked too, not some sort of free for all....

tell me more cosmo.....

and it would be great to meet you too gypsea!!

Cosmo
04-16-2007, 06:36 AM
Well, down in the hot shop they schedule the demos. Of course, there are a lot more of the hot shop guys than there are flameworkers. Last year, they told us to schedule our demos, but when we got there, a lot of people weren't even planning on getting on the torch at all. I probably spent half of the time there last year on the torch. Out of all the people in the flameworking section, probably only 4 of us did any demos at all.

So, basically whenever any of us felt like it, we got on the torch. I know there are more people coming this year, so it may be a little more structured, but I don't foresee it being something where we have set times and stuff like that. The guy that owns the place is pretty relaxed about that kind of thing.

The way we did it last year, all the displays were in one room. I had a couple Minors set up on a table in the middle of the room for demos. I had my torch set up right outside the room right in front of the elevators (we are on the 3rd floor). So when people got off the elevator, the first thing they saw was my torch. I'm guessing it will be like that again this year.

Here are my pics from last year so you can sort of get a feel for it: http://cosmoglassworks.com/2006%2Dhot%2Dglass%2Dfestival/

The woman working on the hot head was on the table in the middle of the main room. In some of the pics of me you can see the door next to the table that leads into the main room.

steven p selchow
04-17-2007, 01:01 PM
Good luck Gypsea...Hope those displays helped you out, I know you'll sell some stuff...Reno sucked for me, but had a good time overall...haven't worked on the torch since I left for Florida in early March...so todays my first day back on, If only I can find those orders I took in florida I'd be a little more happy...seems thats the only stuff I lost.

steve

gypsea
04-17-2007, 06:56 PM
thanks steve.......my main problem now is that i have sold so much stuff this month that i am low on inventory for the VA shows.....i guess thats a good problem, but it's making me nervous.

yea, ya need to check your bins for those orders!

steven p selchow
04-17-2007, 10:20 PM
I'm not that forgetive...I keep inportant info together, why these dissapeared is only because I left them behind I can only presume...some were orders that matched stuff they bought already, so I can only hope thy call me...selling stuff is a good thing...I remember selling so much stuff that I actually hoped they would stop buying so I could make more stuff to fill the empty spots. Make them crab stoppers girl...you need to listen to Eddie, you have a sample...so what are you waiting for? Those all sold right away..I sold them for $30.00, maybe cheap, but realistic. thats why I don't have anymore.

Keep me informed;....

steve

gypsea
04-18-2007, 06:25 AM
o.k o.k. o.k. you guys are ganging up on me.....

slave
04-26-2007, 09:07 PM
hey kids, looks like i might be able to pull off making it to this.. so kristen i guess i'll see you there. and i look forward to meeting you amy and chad.

-aaron

ACE
04-27-2007, 08:03 PM
yaaaaarg.

ok, not going, i have way to much to do this weekend. booo hiss. i guess there's always next year....

Shiny
04-29-2007, 10:39 PM
wooo I actually made some money and didnt totally botch the pendants I made while people were watching. The two things I was scared of.

My spacebrain cant remember many peoples names though and I dont think I figured out who anybody was on here, though I can guess a few... If anybody reads this who was there this weekend, post something so maybe we will meet again or at least stay in touch.

Learned alot. This was my first show

Cosmo
04-30-2007, 05:43 AM
Yeah. I had a great time at the show. Everyone seemed to do well there. Everyone I talked to said they would like to come back next year.

gypsea
05-13-2007, 03:54 PM
what a cool place...sunspots studios....i have never seen so much glass in one place at one time , all types of glass too..hot, stained, fused, lampworked....it was a great event.

shiny? was that you next to me? were you next to cosmo? if so, damn dude, i didn't even know that was you....it was nice to meet you! and it was great to meet cosmo, and jim the lurker (if you are reading this, you had better register and post damn it) and the nice marble guy....and ed from agi was there too! i'm just sorry that ace wasn't able to make it cause i was really looking forward to meeting her.

all in all a cool show....thanks to caroline & doug for putting it on!

J B
05-13-2007, 06:27 PM
This sounds like a "good" place to be / see ! We were too busy then but next year ( I'll ) plan on it ! Is this event always the same dates?
Peace

Shiny
05-16-2007, 07:29 PM
yea that was me next to you. it was nice to meet some people face to face from here.