PDA

View Full Version : Watch out for Mike Wassif

Mark F
08-04-2005, 07:06 PM
Just wanted to warn folks here. This guy found me on gp.org and claims he has done some business with other people off of there. He will pay cod for the first 2 orders like $150 each to make it seem like he's cool. Then want to go consignment after that and burn you. He just got me for $720, he runs a store in Virgina Beach, so be leary. :mad1:

Glassbackwards
08-04-2005, 11:56 PM
Thanks for the info, its good to see were keeping an eye out for each other.

bc
08-05-2005, 05:52 AM
werd, now lets go beat him up.

bc
08-05-2005, 05:53 AM
although I just noticed you in MN an selling glass to VA, consider the $720 a cheap way, coulda been a whole lot worse. To me that's rolling the dice.

3 rip min
08-05-2005, 06:48 AM
i think i would pass on VA...

Lambs Bread
08-05-2005, 02:06 PM
actually i just got back from vacation at va beach and there law have cracked down no pipes at all. williamsburg is the nearist place so damn sorry to hear that. did u get insurance from your shipper?

Mark F
08-05-2005, 02:21 PM
Yeah, but I've delt with the post office on this before so we'll see what happens. I would never do long distance consignment but spoke on the phone several times to this guy and he talked the talk. Lesson learned though.

rockymountainhigh
08-05-2005, 02:32 PM
I sold Mike Wassif $110 worth of glass and then we wanted $3000 on consignment. I told him only advanced payment and I never heard back from him. He told me a bunch of bullshit trying to get me to mail him the glass. He told me about his stores but I could never find them and to my knowledge they do not exist. I can't believe he got someone else.

Nomad
06-16-2013, 08:08 AM
Good thing to know. I have sold glass to Mike many times. He has never not paid me but I only shipped him glass for his private collection and not for his store. I have even gone to his house and hung out. He was always really nice to me. I still speak to him once in a wile.
But what I am concerned with is how the Indians have copied my work and sold it all over New York.

Aymie
06-16-2013, 08:29 AM
I think something amazing is about to happen.

What work are the copying Nomad?

Nomad
06-16-2013, 08:34 AM
My old inside-out spoons. My old outside colored raked peanut pipes. Those ones hurt me the most.
There bubblers are so crappy that everyone who has bought one is turned off to buying bubblers all together. So I have not been selling any bubblers because of the copies also.

Nomad
06-16-2013, 08:36 AM
They are Arabs by the way..... not just Indians. Every gas station is Arab owned around here also. The Arabs are producing and distributing and retailing the glass repilicas.

Nomad
06-16-2013, 08:54 AM
Imitation is the highest form of flattery they say. Picasso said that all his best ideas where stolen from someone else then made into his own. I am not taking any offence from this. Mike was always a real friend to me anyways. We hung out...... and tested some stuff out. I still talk to him because of this kind of stuff.

Aymie
06-16-2013, 08:55 AM
So, you were the first one to make those designs?

Nomad
06-16-2013, 09:03 AM
Nope.... I stole them from someone else and made them my own.
I have to say that I have seen everyones best ideas copied by the Imports. So I think we might all deserve some credit in that one.
I know some glassblowers were hired to even go over there and teach the glassblowers. So I know I am not the only one here.

jr23
06-16-2013, 09:34 AM
Is that a rainbow shaft cock you have as a avatar Amy

Nomad
06-16-2013, 09:51 AM
I think I am just paranoid because my friend Mike is Arab and owns gas stations and stuff like that. His store in Virginia beach was closed down. So he actually does not own any smoke shops anymore. He never screwed me on anything. He even let me stay at his house on more than one occasion. I would stop there when ever I passed through DC. He has a large collection of glass at his house that he has for personal reasons. Most of it was mine and stuff I sold him from when I was in California. He is big time rich also with oil money from Saudi Arabia. He always spends a lot of money but wants a good deal.

Mr. Whale dick
06-16-2013, 02:04 PM
Did nomad just compare himself to picasso??

aREa541
06-16-2013, 02:07 PM
Did nomad just compare himself to picasso??

Wrap n rake peanut spoons, those are part of Nomad's blue period.

Nomad
06-16-2013, 02:15 PM
That is kind of funny guys. But I think you might have missed the point a little but so did I.

I know Mike Wassif pretty well actually and I don't really like this thread much. He just ordered some custom glass from me. I hook him up for his private collection. Which was lost in a fire apparently and he is buying new glass to replace what he lost.

skip
06-16-2013, 03:10 PM
The thread is 8 years old. Sounds like your boy ripped a guy off and tried to scam a few others. Guess it took him a few years to figure out that the glassblowing community is tight and word spreads fast. If he wants glass now he has learned he has to pay for it.

Nomad
06-16-2013, 03:17 PM
Everyone always pay me for the glass they get. Except for twice..... but I am not talking about them. It makes me look bad whenever I complain about people.
But I think your right and I just spoke to him and I find it hard to believe he would not pay. The guys is the richest guy I have even known. Something else must have happened that no one knows about.

notsure
06-16-2013, 03:19 PM
I think I am just paranoid because my friend Mike is Arab and owns gas stations and stuff like that. His store in Virginia beach was closed down. So he actually does not own any smoke shops anymore. He never screwed me on anything. He even let me stay at his house on more than one occasion. I would stop there when ever I passed through DC. He has a large collection of glass at his house that he has for personal reasons. Most of it was mine and stuff I sold him from when I was in California. He is big time rich also with oil money from Saudi Arabia. He always spends a lot of money but wants a good deal.

Totally awesome!! A rich man with Saudi oil money ripping off pipe artists for a couple hundred bucks!

I do not even know where to begin on this thread

Nomad
06-16-2013, 03:24 PM
He is a rich man with Saudi oil money. He is related to the Saudi royal family. He just likes to smoke a lot. I don't think he knew what was going on with this stuff or something. It must have happened when they were shutting down Virginia Beach smoke shop or something like that.
He just asked me if I know anyone who would sell him some tubes. Those are his favorite. A new set of hand pipes from me and GonG slides for a new tube that he wants to score also. I sold him 2 of his favorite ones that he lost.

Aymie
06-16-2013, 06:18 PM
I told y'all something awesome was about to happen.

I have missed him.

jr23
06-16-2013, 06:34 PM
Sorry that your friend that lets you sleepover with ripped some folks off.
He orders from you and let's you stay at his place. Has his royal title given you dillusions that a prince cannot be a prince of thieves. It can happen rich people rip off poor people for fun all the time.

More than likely your standard money maker penut pipes were ripped and made oversea's and that takes overhead
It may even be your prince .

LooseSeal Baller
06-16-2013, 07:27 PM
wow :o:

misled youth
06-16-2013, 07:31 PM
tis been to long...

Riley
06-16-2013, 11:35 PM
This all sounds like a big misunderstanding. Mike Wassif is definitely legit. For one he's got the Saudi oil royalty thing going. Second he has awesome taste in glass. Third, its a total boner that his collection got burned and lost.

Fourth thing is he probably didn't know what's up or something and he normally buys alot of glaas so he wants good prices and like it was some years back. Fifth thing is if you need to sleepover then Mike has you covered, he's got the air mattress that keeps itself inflated.

Everyone should come by after we rebuild from the fire. First things first, Gotta get the new collection right.

Matt P
06-17-2013, 01:59 AM
Everyone always pay me for the glass they get. Except for twice..... but I am not talking about them. It make me look bad whenever I complain about people.

greatest couple sentences I've read on here in a while...

derekg0
06-17-2013, 07:05 AM
^^^ ya that gave me a chuckle... usually when a thread rises from the dead it's pretty boring, but this one is shaping up nicely.

FredLight
06-17-2013, 08:48 AM
I'd get serious about this y'all.

An endorsement from Hitler's grandson is all you need.

Riley
06-17-2013, 09:12 AM
You don't think Mike Wassif had a fire, folks? Read the article or google his name. This is legitimate y'all, article says 1 million in fire damage and I can guarantee that most of that had to be his collection of wrap and rake headies.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2012/04/lorton-family-escapes-flaming-house-with-neighbor-s-help-74698.html

Nomad
06-17-2013, 09:13 AM
So any of you guys make tubes? I am looking for something like an old Jerome Baker style tube. The two he wants to replace where a cross between a Jerome Baker and a Tommy Chong. I told him I would look out for some.

Nomad
06-17-2013, 09:14 AM
actually he had a bunch of insideout headies from back in the day that I made

Riley
06-17-2013, 09:15 AM
I can totally do this and I got an idea to sculpt Mohammed on the side. I mean only if Mike Wassif abides.

Nomad
06-17-2013, 09:17 AM
I can totally do this and I got an idea to sculpt Mohammed on the side. I mean only if Mike Wassif abides.

He is a Coptic Christian not a muslim.

Riley
06-17-2013, 09:21 AM
Oh, right on. Just going for something edgy you know. I like comedy, and borderline cultural insensitivity is a sure fire hit. So what's good? I used to work at Urban Myth doing the post-JBD style with sculptures and surface work drawings and stuff. What does Mike want and what's his budget?

kbinkster
06-17-2013, 09:25 AM
Is this the same guy with the lawncare business in Lorton, VA?

Nomad
06-17-2013, 09:29 AM
The one that he is replacing was actually called the green thumb by good stash water pipes. I don't speak to anyone at goodstash anymore. It was a full colored tube with a big dichro marble on the side of it. I forget how much it was but I am thinking $125 or something in that range? It was not a custom.

Riley
06-17-2013, 09:43 AM
Could Mike front money on the order? I mean we are all trust worthy here. Ask if he'll do an order for $720 including the worked tube and send the money to my boy Mark F from page one of this thread, the OP. Do that and Ill take care of the rest.

Nomad
06-17-2013, 10:02 AM
I don't think he would do that. But I wish I could help you out.
I have found people on this site to be very trustworthy people. That is why I keep on coming back. To tell you the truth most of my orders come from this site now also.

Nomad
06-17-2013, 10:05 AM
I just got burned for an order this spring. It sucked. But at least it was only for $320. So I understand where your coming from.

FredLight
06-17-2013, 10:22 AM
No, say it ain't so.

A tipped over citronella candle? Poor taste and stupidity always hangin' out together.

Also, Homeowner's insurance should get your homie's water pipe collection replaced.

Nomad
06-17-2013, 10:32 AM
How do you guys find all of this?

His new girlfriend burned down his house by accident with a citronella candle. He has a new house the same as his old house in the same place now.

Greymatter Glass
06-17-2013, 10:46 AM
a cross between a Jerome Baker and a Tommy Chong.

So what, it only has half a tommy chong millie on it?

LooseSeal Baller
06-17-2013, 11:22 AM
I tried asking my girlfriend what she thought, but she said she didn't give a shit.

LooseSeal Baller
06-17-2013, 11:29 AM
I think there should be an icon to take away from users reps as well... :ha:

Riley
06-17-2013, 11:33 AM
I think there should be an icon to take away from users reps as well... :ha:

You'd be surely docked for that last whopper of a post. I'm starting to think this thread could use some citronella and Mike Wassif's clumsy Coptic Christian concubine, of a wife. Burn this shit dow !

notsure
06-17-2013, 11:55 AM
well so far we have; theft, arson, picasso, indians, saudi arabian prince's, $$$$$, mail fraud and conspiracy. sounds like there is really something going on here!

btw nomad, how did you stumble upon this old thread?

CripSkillz
06-17-2013, 12:35 PM
Nomads rules

glassdocnc
06-17-2013, 12:42 PM
Is that a rainbow shaft cock you have as a avatar Amy

WTF. Ya'll are totally off topic. I need to hear more about Aymie's rainbow wanker avatar.

chillrelaxglass
06-17-2013, 01:15 PM
Well I had fun.....Dude sounds sketch. With all the money he has he should buy a setup and sweat his ass off like the rest of us all to get jipped.

nodice
06-17-2013, 02:22 PM
That is kind of funny guys. But I think you might have missed the point a little but so did I....

You brought back an 8 year old thread to say that you don't like arabs, even though you like mike, who is an arab. What are we missing?

RancherNikki
06-17-2013, 02:34 PM
This thread is fun.

shawnette
06-17-2013, 02:57 PM
You brought back an 8 year old thread to say that you don't like arabs, even though you like mike, who is an arab. What are we missing?

Actually, I think it was Indians... And this thread. 0_o

LooseSeal Baller
06-17-2013, 03:03 PM
this thread has me wondering how glass would hold up in a fire? I've heard storys about torches after house fires being refurbished. How hot is a typical house fire? anybody know?

MUPH
06-17-2013, 03:48 PM
We hung out...... and tested some stuff out

Let's pull this one out of context.

Is he as rich as you?

kq9ak
06-17-2013, 03:58 PM
What a guy oil money and you sleep on a air mattress. PIMP

istandalone24/7
06-17-2013, 04:10 PM
preach brother!

Riley
06-17-2013, 05:22 PM
Did anyone see Mike Wassif when Nomad left the room, I'm just saying, something is a little fishy here? I mean the only two ppl in the situation getting paid and having sleepovers are Mike and Nomad, and neither one can independently verify that they exist independently of each other.

This could be a case of Schrödinger's Nomad.

Riley
06-17-2013, 05:23 PM
Does a Nomad or Mike Wassif exist only when observed?

misled youth
06-17-2013, 05:28 PM
DON'T SMOKE CRACK!!!

a fully worked tube for $125 ?
i ass ume it was one of them butt ugly JBD's with some scribbles n such on it?

i am also curious how you found this thread nomad

Nomad
06-17-2013, 05:49 PM
I was searching my friends name on Google and I found it. I thought I should try and say something on his behalf. That was it really.

Nomad
06-17-2013, 05:51 PM
DON'T SMOKE CRACK!!!

a fully worked tube for $125 ?
i ass ume it was one of them butt ugly JBD's with some scribbles n such on it?

i am also curious how you found this thread nomad

Actually it was a copy of a Jerome Baker and a Tommy Chong made by Mexicans for hardly anything in LA.

Nomad
06-17-2013, 05:53 PM
You'd be surely docked for that last whopper of a post. I'm starting to think this thread could use some citronella and Mike Wassif's clumsy Coptic Christian concubine, of a wife. Burn this shit dow !

He is divorced now. So it would be his clumsy Brazilian girlfriend. Not what you said.

Nomad
06-17-2013, 05:55 PM

No it is not that I don't like Arabs. Coming from a Jewish background we are told to not trust Arabs. So I was just acting on that..... I like Mike though and I trust him. Yes, I was trying to say this on his behalf.

Gold Fire Glass
06-17-2013, 05:57 PM
well so far we have; theft, arson, picasso, indians, saudi arabian prince's, $$$$$, mail fraud and conspiracy. sounds like there is really something going on here!

Don't forget Hitlers grandson ! WoW

Nomad
06-17-2013, 06:04 PM
Drinking and using the computer is dangerous. I don't do that anymore. Same as texting.

kbinkster
06-17-2013, 06:46 PM
I was searching my friends name on Google and I found it. I thought I should try and say something on his behalf. That was it really.

Why would you be searching his name on Google? There's probably an interesting back-story there.

BTW, it's usually a nice thing to stand up for someone. I sincerely hope that he really is as nice a guy as you say he is, because, when you vouch for someone who isn't trustworthy, you're kind of setting it up for someone else to get suckerized - and that isn't fair. If this is the same guy with the lawn service, I would think twice about standing up for him, no matter how nice he might appear to be. The best conmen around are super nice when they want to be.

Eric S
06-17-2013, 06:48 PM
this thread has me wondering how glass would hold up in a fire? I've heard storys about torches after house fires being refurbished. How hot is a typical house fire? anybody know?

I've thrown quite a few pieces into campfires. They slump all the way flat like when you accidentally leave your kiln on high or your relay goes.

I also know someone who completely burned down his house (from blowing glass) and he has the base and brass sleeve of his carlisle. the heat shield melted and all valves, jets, and inner parts were burned beyond function.

aREa541
06-17-2013, 06:58 PM
I've thrown quite a few pieces into campfires. They slump all the way flat like when you accidentally leave your kiln on high or your relay goes.

I also know someone who completely burned down his house (from blowing glass) and he has the base and brass sleeve of his carlisle. the heat shield melted and all valves, jets, and inner parts were burned beyond function.

More on how he burned his house down from blowing glass? Could be a cautionary tale to anyone that reads it.

Mecha
06-17-2013, 07:13 PM
^This.

Eric S
06-17-2013, 08:17 PM
More on how he burned his house down from blowing glass?

Well, if you insist....

Could be a cautionary tale to anyone that reads it.

Or it could be a piss your pants laughing story about what (obviously) you should never do.

I'd start by saying that its really nothing anybody who can dress themselves should have to worry about.... but then I think of some of the questions I read on here and who knows?

Every time I hear the story, or tell it, or even think about it, I start laughing out loud. If I had thought to film the first time he told me it would be you-tube GOLD!

The simplified version is this- the guy was blowing glass in a rented house, with no shop or garage. There was a place on the house where the porch kind of made a corner area, and there was a wall on the porch with a window in it for some reason. He built a shanty/shack attached to the house and boxed in the corner for his workspace. The workspace was about 5' wide and 6' deep. To get in you had to crawl through the window, which was near ground level. During the winter it gets pretty cold in MT, and in addition to the torch and kiln he also had a heater running. The heater didn't do much because the airflow was so great and coming through the window right at his back, so he made a large wooden box to sit on , and put the heater inside of it. This warmed the box and also blocked a lot of the wind.

But that wasnt warm enough...

So the next step (logically) was to cut a hole in the center of the box, and stand inside the box with the heater. This was definitely superior to sitting on the box or standing without the box, but it was still a bit drafty and just needed one more improvement....

Having pretty much gotten over "nature", the unused rain fly from a tent he had around seemed like the perfect final touch. He attached the rainfly to the box and made a hole in the center. To get into the shop now, you had to crawl through the window which led right into the back of the heatbox, where you then- in his words- "pop up like a jack in the box" and snugly secure the nylon rainfly to yourself to keep the drafts out.

Somehow, that actually worked for a few weeks without incident. In the middle of his bench was a hole with a trashcan under it, and he didn't change it often enough. one day he cracked off a big piece of molten glass and the trash was overflowing so the piece bounced out and by the time he smelled it things were already cooking. He was able to shred himself out of his jack in the box and run, before thinking and going back to drag the (full) liquid dewar away from the quickly growing blaze. this dude is like 5'3" 130 lb's so envisioning him dragging this huge dewar across a gravel driveway is completely hilarious. Luckily his propane was nearly empty so that wasnt too big of a deal. He lost literally all of his belongings except the parts of his torch he salvaged from the ruins after they put out the blaze. He had no insurance and even the clothes on his back were burnt beyond use.

aREa541
06-17-2013, 08:45 PM
Wow........... repped for one hell of a story.

How does that work when you burn a rental down? Did he get sued?

jw721
06-17-2013, 08:50 PM
Lol, that's nothing short of impressive.

TlkQ
06-17-2013, 08:58 PM
Somehow, that actually worked for a few weeks without incident.

How in the fuck??

Riley
06-17-2013, 09:28 PM
I came here hoping to hear more developments about Mike Wassif and I got something far far more precious, its like water for a weary, thirst parched refugee. Gold I say. Dude in the burning tent apparatus, and it not bring hot enough. An instant classic.

kq9ak
06-17-2013, 09:37 PM
I am printing and framing that story.

Eric S
06-17-2013, 10:03 PM
Wow........... repped for one hell of a story.

How does that work when you burn a rental down? Did he get sued?

well since he had literally 0 assets..... there would have been nothing to take. I'm not sure but I think they can garner your wages for 10 years only if someone is injured, and amazingly no one was.

I am printing and framing that story.

I'll bring it up next time I see him and see if I'm missing any important details. I think there was a fire extinguisher attempt but it was already going too much. I think there were some other hilarious parts as well.

Riley
06-17-2013, 10:17 PM
Does this guy blow glass still ? If you did we could make him famous in the industry, pronto :)

firefreak
06-17-2013, 10:17 PM
Typical house fire: free burning stage (flames rolling out of the windows) temps can reach 2000 deg F. at ceiling. Rooms generally flash over around 1600 Most metals loose their temper around 1000.
I have not seen much of anything survive being in an free burning structure. Unless it was in a protected area away from the main body of flame. I have caught a crap load of garage fires in my career, even the wrenches in big roll away boxes get ruined.They look OK, but they are "soft" and bend the first time you try to use them. And we "saved" 90 % of the structure! If the insurance company's replaces them.... and you know they don't like to pay for anything! I can't think our glass tools including torches would survive much better.

Love the story of how the fire started! I have always said " if not for people making questionable choices, I would not have a job" Don't know how many times we say on the way back to the station- They did what???

Ybot
06-17-2013, 10:23 PM
This thread is gold but that story is one of the best things ive read on this site.. I loved the image i got of him in a wooden heater box, wraped in a silver tent, hobbled over a torch all impressed with himself... until the burning started i imagine..

Eric S
06-17-2013, 10:27 PM
When He first told me on the phone his house had burned down I felt bad so I took him out to dinner and a beer and as he was sitting there in the restaurant describing the events that seemed like they would ruin his life I absolutely couldn't stop myself from laughing in his face. Every part of the story is so ridiculous, that when you know from the beginning how its going to end at every turn of the story you start thinking "so is this when it catches fire?"

and in the end the jack in the box setup which sounds horrifyingly dangerous wasnt even the source of the fire, though it did definitely restrict his ability to fight the fire or run inside to salvage things.

LooseSeal Baller
06-18-2013, 05:05 AM
so has this guy burnt down his house more than once? I decided to google this dudes name and see what Nomad was looking for, and found the story about the citronella candle being blown over on the front porch and catching the house on fire. sounds fishy.

but in the other story I read It says that he owned the house and even gave estimated values of the damages and property values.

I like this version alot better.

I say either way Karma got this guy

chillrelaxglass
06-18-2013, 06:24 AM
So basically if you let nomad sleep over your house will burn down.

Eric S
06-18-2013, 09:12 AM
I've never met The nomad/mike wassif, and neither has my friend. To my knowledge he only has 1 complete structure burndown to his name.

Nomad
06-18-2013, 09:32 AM
Nomad and Mike are two different people.

I've never met The nomad/mike wassif, and neither has my friend. To my knowledge he only has 1 complete structure burndown to his name.

Riley
06-18-2013, 09:36 AM
These arent the same fires lads. Mike Wasif's wife started his fire, not an ingenious set of circumstances like a dude building a setup out of a window and his ceaseless desire to stay warm.

I honestly feel like Eric's story needs to be animated at least in a comic strip form. It's so good and this thread started out so well, I wonder where it could go now.

chillrelaxglass
06-18-2013, 10:27 AM
Lol next time he should just stay closer to the torch for warmth.

kbinkster
06-18-2013, 11:15 AM
Wow, I don't know that this is the same guy (same town, unusual name, but still...), but these comments are very interesting:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/lorton-lawn-and-landscaping-professionals-lorton
http://www.yelp.com/biz/congressional-lawn-service-lorton

Nomad, if this is the same guy, and you really feel he is an honest, good guy, maybe you should go onto these sites and stand up for him there, too. He's getting thrashed. :(

chillrelaxglass
06-18-2013, 11:31 AM
OMG!!!! THAT WAS A Pleasure to read! I wish I lived in Va. I call him to do my yard and give him a beat down. I LOVE reading all the negative feedback about him! He would be picking up his teeth to eat dinner had he spoke to my wife like that.

Mecha
06-18-2013, 11:35 AM
Oil Baron slash rip off landscaper?

Seems legit.

LooseSeal Baller
06-18-2013, 11:44 AM
he's obviously terrible, or else this thread would have been stopped long ago.

Mike Wassif sucks.

kbinkster
06-18-2013, 12:04 PM
he's obviously terrible, or else this thread would have been stopped long ago.

Mike Wassif sucks.
I'm still curious as to why it was really resurrected. Why would anyone be searching that guy's name on here unless they had a problem with the guy, or were checking him out to see if he was safe to do business with, or something?

"Hey, I'm going to see what my peeps over on the Melting Pot have to say about my sleep-over buddy down in Virginia, just for the heck of it" said nobody ever.

VertigoGlass
06-18-2013, 01:13 PM
We hung out...... and tested some stuff out. I still talk to him because of this kind of stuff.

Are you bilingual as well or did you and mike just "try some things out"?

FredLight
06-18-2013, 07:47 PM
^ inconsistencies are vital to the recipe.

misled youth
06-18-2013, 10:30 PM
LMAO!!! those reviews were awesome!
the start of this thread and the landscaping comments seem very similar.
it could be a totally different mike wassif, then again...

i am sure nomad will know?

i am also in question if these sleepovers and what things were being "tested out"?
nomad, is this you coming out of the closet? were you just experimenting?
i may totally be off base and if i am correct me.

Nomad
06-19-2013, 10:54 AM
No man, we tested out some of the glass. That was it. He has a huge colonial house in Virginia. He let me stay in the finished basement. It was nice.
I do not speak Arabic. I only speak English.

Nomad
06-19-2013, 10:55 AM
As far as his landscaping business goes I don't think Mike does any of the work. He has a team of Mexicans that do all the work for him. That is what I was told. He also said he is very busy with work and has been since he started the business a few years ago.

Nomad
06-19-2013, 11:00 AM
I hurt my hand and I am not blowing glass right now. So I guess I have the time for this.... but 5 pages come on.

Matt P
06-19-2013, 11:15 AM
I hurt my hand and I am not blowing glass right now. So I guess I have the time for this.... but 5 pages come on.

I know! If only it was obvious who resurfaced this dead thread.... then you could blame them Nomad...

turdhole
06-19-2013, 12:23 PM
Typical house fire: free burning stage (flames rolling out of the windows) temps can reach 2000 deg F. at ceiling. Rooms generally flash over around 1600 Most metals loose their temper around 1000.
I have not seen much of anything survive being in an free burning structure. Unless it was in a protected area away from the main body of flame. I have caught a crap load of garage fires in my career, even the wrenches in big roll away boxes get ruined.They look OK, but they are "soft" and bend the first time you try to use them. And we "saved" 90 % of the structure! If the insurance company's replaces them.... and you know they don't like to pay for anything! I can't think our glass tools including torches would survive much better.

Love the story of how the fire started! I have always said " if not for people making questionable choices, I would not have a job" Don't know how many times we say on the way back to the station- They did what???

haha my pops is a retired fire fighter and he always used to say "people dont call us because something smart just happened" or something really close to that

VertigoGlass
06-19-2013, 10:19 PM
No man, we tested out some of the glass.

So how did the glass dildos and butt plugs test out?............

istandalone24/7
06-20-2013, 02:47 AM
as long as they can hold up to being inserted not break when you stand up.....all good.

Matt P
06-20-2013, 02:53 AM
:puzzled:

kbinkster
06-20-2013, 11:10 AM
As far as his landscaping business goes I don't think Mike does any of the work. He has a team of Mexicans that do all the work for him. That is what I was told. He also said he is very busy with work and has been since he started the business a few years ago.

The people who took the time to write out those reviews specified Mr. Wassif, not someone working on his behalf. Deflection denied.

I'm scratching my head over how someone can be "very busy with work" and not do "any of the work" at the same time.

I'm still waiting for an answer to my earlier query. Maybe you didn't see it. I, like several others here, am wondering how you came upon this old thread. You explained why you posted to it (to defend your friend), but why were you searching this guy's name, in the first place, Damon? Does he want to feel out the glass community, see what kind of reputation he has, see how long people's memories are, maybe in anticipation of doing some more "business" with glass people?

Bo Diddles
06-20-2013, 11:54 AM
Why would Nomad owe you an explanation Kimberly? Why do you care? Are you just curious, or are you just a troll? I'm thinking the latter...

kbinkster
06-20-2013, 12:51 PM
Why would Nomad owe you an explanation Kimberly? Why do you care? Are you just curious, or are you just a troll? I'm thinking the latter...

He doesn't owe me a thing and I'm not trolling.

It's weird when someone digs up an old thread (8 years old in this case) about someone who has allegedly ripped people off just to defend the person who has allegedly ripped people off. It's fair game to ask why and I'm curious.

(1) thread warning people about guy who scammed them - fades into obscurity
(2) out of the blue, Nomad comes on and posts to defend the guy 8 years later, claiming the guy is a good guy and leaving himself open for a lot of razzing
(3) online reviews discussing the guy's outrageous and scammy behavior presented
(4) Nomad tries to blame it on the guy's Mexican work force (his description, not mine)
(5) Nomad complains about length of thread

istandalone24/7
06-20-2013, 01:09 PM
perhaps he's just trolling?

MUPH
06-20-2013, 01:59 PM
He doesn't owe me a thing and I'm not trolling.

It's weird when someone digs up an old thread (8 years old in this case) about someone who has allegedly ripped people off just to defend the person who has allegedly ripped people off. It's fair game to ask why and I'm curious.

(1) thread warning people about guy who scammed them - fades into obscurity
(2) out of the blue, Nomad comes on and posts to defend the guy 8 years later, claiming the guy is a good guy and leaving himself open for a lot of razzing
(3) online reviews discussing the guy's outrageous and scammy behavior presented
(4) Nomad tries to blame it on the guy's Mexican work force (his description, not mine)
(5) Nomad complains about length of thread

Does any of this really surprise you...?

TlkQ
06-20-2013, 02:49 PM
perhaps he's just trolling?

No way. Nomad? A troll? Never.

newbie wan
06-20-2013, 03:28 PM
I think you're all missing the point, it was the Mexicans, the Mexicans are to blame for all of this. It's not Mike or nomad,it's the Mexicans.

Riley
06-20-2013, 07:50 PM
The house fire is probably their fault too. Remnant activity from their ultra violent cartel upbringing. I wouldn't be surprised to find that some ppl start getting beheaded around those parts.

misled youth
06-21-2013, 03:02 AM
mexicans and indians seem to both be problematic.....

i am also curious how this was found. die he search "mike wassif"?
or just scrolling through way way far back pages and stumbled across it?
curious minds want to know.

nomad, when i asked about the gayness thing it was a legit question. it would be ok with most if not all of us here if ya did come out. we would not bash you.
since the answer was no to the gayness, i hope you were not offended.

kbinkster
06-21-2013, 06:55 AM
:puzzled:
http://www.talkglass.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=50803&stc=1&d=1371721950

Now it's easier than ever to make your own!

http://www.picsauce.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/c42b9878c453dd3005bb381378601623.jpg

kbinkster
06-21-2013, 07:00 AM
No way. Nomad? A troll? Never.

It's possible, given the magnetic quality his posts have upon other trollers, that he might just be what is known as... a cannibal troll (not to be confused with cannabis troll).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAHfUdf_aX8

VertigoGlass
06-21-2013, 09:19 AM
And what kind of troll would you be Kimberly?

kbinkster
06-21-2013, 09:46 AM
:lol

Aymie
06-21-2013, 06:29 PM
And what kind of troll would you be Kimberly?

A very good question indeed. Glad I am not the only one who feels this way.

Matt P
06-21-2013, 09:56 PM
a must read:
http://www.smosh.com/smosh-pit/articles/18-types-of-internet-trolls

Nomad
06-26-2013, 01:08 PM
I spoke to Mike. He said that the guy sent him a box of bubblers that were not annealed right. They all fell apart and the guy he sold them to refused to pay him for them. So Mike said screw it. He could care less if someone is talking bad about him because he has got money. SO it is pointless..... He also said I should not respond on his behalf.

As far as gay talk is concerned in Mike's country of Saudi Arabia he tells me they stone them to death there. So there is no such a thing as being gay if your from that country. I hope that answers your questions?

Nomad
06-26-2013, 01:11 PM
The people who took the time to write out those reviews specified Mr. Wassif, not someone working on his behalf. Deflection denied.

I'm scratching my head over how someone can be "very busy with work" and not do "any of the work" at the same time.

I'm still waiting for an answer to my earlier query. Maybe you didn't see it. I, like several others here, am wondering how you came upon this old thread. You explained why you posted to it (to defend your friend), but why were you searching this guy's name, in the first place, Damon? Does he want to feel out the glass community, see what kind of reputation he has, see how long people's memories are, maybe in anticipation of doing some more "business" with glass people?

I wanted to check the guys reputation so I googled him. I know I don't have the best google rep right now either. So I get a little upset sometimes about all the BS that people write on the internet. Especially some people....

How do you know my name by the way?

Riley
06-26-2013, 01:32 PM
As far as gay talk is concerned in Mike's country of Saudi Arabia he tells me they stone them to death there. So there is no such a thing as being gay if your from that country. I hope that answers your questions?

Wow Damon. Wow.

Riley
06-26-2013, 01:35 PM

Pretty brutal there Damon. There is little wonder left why you are ostracized the way you are.

chillrelaxglass
06-26-2013, 01:49 PM
Where he is from ppl aren't usually named mike either.

kbinkster
06-26-2013, 01:52 PM
I wanted to check the guys reputation so I googled him. I know I don't have the best google rep right now either. So I get a little upset sometimes about all the BS that people write on the internet. Especially some people....

How do you know my name by the way?
You might not remember me from waaaay back (I was off the forum for a couple of years until recently), but I remember you when you first came on here and either I asked you or someone else did what "Nomad" was for and you said it was your name backwards. I think. It's been a long time.

Oh, and thanks for telling me - I was super curious.

kbinkster
06-26-2013, 02:14 PM
OK, I just now used the search engine, because now I'm curious how I remembered that about your name and the first mention was from someone else simply stating that "Nomad" is "Damon" backwards.

notsure
06-26-2013, 09:07 PM
I spoke to Mike. He said that the guy sent him a box of bubblers that were not annealed right. They all fell apart and the guy he sold them to refused to pay him for them. So Mike said screw it. He could care less if someone is talking bad about him because he has got money. SO it is pointless..... He also said I should not respond on his behalf.

Well, this guy is a joke. I doubt he has the ability to tell if something has been annealed properly and if so he should have just sent them back instead of selling them (or giving them away) to let someone break them (or magically watch them fall apart). And I love the fact that being rich has anything to do with people talking bad about you!

"so there is no such a thing as being gay if your from that country" lol, that is extremely ridiculous!!

istandalone24/7
06-27-2013, 02:58 AM
lol we all know that people who drive saab 9000's are pricks anyway!

nomad/damon...kidding bro. around here, saab owners are assholes. i've owned 4...but don't consider myself part of the asshole elite haha.

istandalone24/7
06-27-2013, 02:58 AM
and i think he meant, that Mike is wealthy.....his rep doesnt' matter because he doesn't rely on sales to make a living.

Nomad
06-27-2013, 06:41 AM
lol we all know that people who drive saab 9000's are pricks anyway!

nomad/damon...kidding bro. around here, saab owners are assholes. i've owned 4...but don't consider myself part of the asshole elite haha.

I had 2 Saab 9000. I loved them. I did not have to pay a lot for mine. I bought them used. Right now I drive a Saab 9-5. It is my fathers old car. It has like over 200K miles on it right now too. I am going to have to find some steady customers so I can buy a new car soon. But I have to get my people to pay me faster so I can make payments.

Nomad
06-27-2013, 06:43 AM
Well, this guy is a joke. I doubt he has the ability to tell if something has been annealed properly and if so he should have just sent them back instead of selling them (or giving them away) to let someone break them (or magically watch them fall apart). And I love the fact that being rich has anything to do with people talking bad about you!

"so there is no such a thing as being gay if your from that country" lol, that is extremely ridiculous!!

They kill gays in Jamaica also. So there is no such thing as being a gay there either.
I am not saying I agree with these people. I am just saying that is what they are like.

LooseSeal Baller
06-27-2013, 06:52 AM
I don't wanna burst your bubble but hate crimes happen all over the world that includes the U.S.A.

obviously there are still gay people everywhere some are just in the closet.

like this51004

Matt P
06-27-2013, 07:11 AM
They kill gays in Jamaica also. So there is no such thing as being a gay there either.
I am not saying I agree with these people. I am just saying that is what they are like.

smoking pot is illegal in most the states.... so there are no potheads in those states... just saying

Nomad
06-27-2013, 07:23 AM
I guess the topic of who is gay and who is not, etc... is very popular right now. With all the gay rights parades and stuff going on today.
I am not into the conversation. Sorry it either turns you on or it does not. It does not turn me on at all.

istandalone24/7
06-27-2013, 07:30 AM
they are great cars. i've had 5 i think....one 9000 one 900spg and two other plain jane 900 turbos.

LooseSeal Baller
06-27-2013, 07:34 AM
so your homophobic?

Now that it's been mentioned technically pot is illegal in Jamaica. lol

whats wrong with talking about gay rights? They're people just like everyone else? You obviously wanna talk about gay people cause your the one that keeps bringing this back up.

kbinkster
06-27-2013, 08:01 AM
I used to have a Saab 9-5, white with tan interior. I loved that car! It had a moon roof, weather radio, and a refrigerated glove compartment. I thought it was so sporty (it was a turbo). I once hit a spot of ice and did a 180 and jumped the curb in that thing (bent a rim :( ) and I remember feeling like I was snug and safe in the seat - it really held me in. I wouldn't mind having another one of those.

istandalone24/7
06-27-2013, 08:25 AM
we hit a telephone pole head on (like, the pole crunched in right in the center of the front lic plate...i couldn't have done it better if i'd tried) in an 88 9000t going about 45mph....to a dead stop in the blink of an eye.
we all walked away, i suffered the worst which was a broken clavicle from the seat belt. fyi, when your drunk those telephone poles come out of nowhere! and yes i learned my lesson!

those refrigerated glove boxes are tits though, more cars should have them.

Mark F
06-27-2013, 08:51 AM
Fell apart due to improper annealing? BS, the third box of glass he got from me I sent COD and he refused to pay for it and was all pissy about it. The 2 checks I did get from him had someone else's name on them.

Aymie
06-27-2013, 08:52 AM
It just keeps getting better. Thanks for bringing back your legendary participation nomad.

kbinkster
06-27-2013, 09:40 AM

I would be very careful regarding anything that guy is telling you. And, really, it probably is best for you and your reputation if you don't stand up for him. (1) He said doesn't care what people are saying. (2) The more it is shown that he is shady, the more it makes you look shady by affiliation - and that is not good when you are NOT shady, just nice and trying to be a friend to someone.

Here is an article about Saudi Arabia and stuff:
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2007/05/the-kingdom-in-the-closet/305774/

To say that they get stoned so there are no gays is misleading. There's a lot more to it. Basically, there are guys doing stuff with other guys, but they say they aren't gay, so they don't get stoned. So, again, be careful what you believe from that guy.

misled youth
06-27-2013, 10:11 AM
did the stoning ungay them?

being that "mike" is not over in his country "resides here in the states" he would be free to be gay?

having sleep overs with wealthy men to "try things out" usually raises concerns in todays day and age.

in these countrys that do not have gays, what tests do they run to find gayness?

if i had "oil money" i would not mow lawn and hustle pipes, but that is just me...

why would you be curious of your friends rep, if you rate him so highly?

istandalone24/7
06-27-2013, 10:32 AM
i think some of those kids that went to Michael Jacksons house "to try something out" might agree lol.

FredLight
06-27-2013, 10:34 AM
These are all very good questions. I'd like to hear some more "answers".

The novelty of a Magic 8 ball wore off so long ago.

Aaron Ellis
06-27-2013, 10:46 AM
So in Saudi Arabia it's wrong to be gay? So they get you stoned?

misled youth
06-28-2013, 12:17 AM
i stone my friends for the hell of it :)

Mr. Whale dick
06-28-2013, 08:28 AM
If they stone gays that means there are gays...

Kinda like the chicken and the eggs...

what came first the stoning or the gays

Aymie
06-28-2013, 09:06 AM
Sometimes my sister is gay but she doesn't like to get stoned anymore.

istandalone24/7
06-28-2013, 09:13 AM
peronally i like a good strong cup of coffee after getting stoned. it helps the aprin kick in so i'm not so sore.

Nomad
06-28-2013, 10:34 AM
You guys are obsessed. I should have never said anything. I am not the expert on the subject.

Matt P
06-28-2013, 11:05 AM
You guys are obsessed. I should have never said anything. I am not the expert on the subject.

yes, we are

no, you shouldn't have

than why act like it

istandalone24/7
06-28-2013, 11:42 AM
oh snap!

hellawacked
06-28-2013, 12:30 PM
To think I wasn't going to read this thread.

Nomad
06-28-2013, 01:15 PM
So I guess no one can make this guy a tube? He wants something old school. Like a Tommy Chong crossed with a Jerome Baker.

CheeseNip
06-28-2013, 03:40 PM
Umm... I don't really see anybody reading this thread and then saying, "i wanna make this guy a tube!" Or "he sounds like a great guy to do business with!"

jr23
06-28-2013, 10:14 PM
Sure he can send me the prepaid visa cod with a gay drawing of the super gay piece he wants.
No made I will send you the pic of the gay stuff and you can give me the pin number.
Totally mean gay as in happy definition.

dplaza
06-28-2013, 10:52 PM
i literally LOLed about 5 times reading the newest revelations in this thread. pure entertainment, love the part about being really busy with work and having mexicans do all the work, reminds me of my job.

ok so am i gay because i said "LOLed" i've never been to saudi so im not certain if im gay or not.

cb9420
06-29-2013, 09:22 AM
this site is about glass. people cant help people because they are to fucking busy posting about high school fucking drama, the shit should have its own forum. and i got suspended cause i told someone to lick my dick when they said to use the fucking search engine. it wouldnt be bad if when you searched for something . that stupid fucking threads like pop up. if the dude robbed you. go to his store . grab him by his hair. drag him outside. beat his ass. dont sell him any more shit. period. why fucking cry about it online. especially if the thread is 8 years old. just a bunch of fucking immature kids.

Mecha
06-29-2013, 09:53 AM
^Cool post bro.

Mr. Whale dick
06-29-2013, 10:01 AM
Yeah...at 2 months in.....

Nomad
06-29-2013, 10:03 AM
this site is about glass. people cant help people because they are to fucking busy posting about high school fucking drama, the shit should have its own forum. and i got suspended cause i told someone to lick my dick when they said to use the fucking search engine. it wouldnt be bad if when you searched for something . that stupid fucking threads like pop up. if the dude robbed you. go to his store . grab him by his hair. drag him outside. beat his ass. dont sell him any more shit. period. why fucking cry about it online. especially if the thread is 8 years old. just a bunch of fucking immature kids.

I don't think you should get violent. You would get introuble with the police. You could just be annoying as hell though. Like calling or emailing the guy a lot. Write some really nice emails about how he owes you money and keep on asking the guy. I know it sounds stupid but that is really the best way to deal with it. Chances are the guy would pay you just to shut you up.

krisdaka
06-29-2013, 10:15 AM
omg nomad/damon, what are you 12yrs old? such a fun thread, thanks for the laughs..

aREa541
06-29-2013, 12:56 PM

I like how you go from saying you told someone to "lick your dick", to calling us immature in the same paragraph. That shit made me laugh heartily.

On behalf of the rest of this forum, I apologize that these threads make it harder for you to glean and siphon all the knowledge that has been shared here in the most efficient way possible. I agree, these threads are terrible, I wanna know more about which torch is best for making inlines, and continue the debate regarding scuba masks and how to make a wig wag energy pendant fillacello one-hitter.

On a side note, I googled "mike wassif", and this thread pops up third in the results right under the two excellent review threads on yelp. The story about his house fire is fourth. Oh my god is someone in for a real treat if they happen to feel the need to do some research on their local saudi arabian lawn care mogul. His story has it all, accusations of unethical business practices, questionable sleepovers, a house fire, and the love child of a Tommy Chong and JBD tube. Wow, put the popcorn on, cuz I give this shit two thumbs up!

Here is what other reviewers are saying about the story -

Thomas Walt Douglas of the Bay City Examiner calls it "Poignant, a truly heart felt story that will keep you glued to your seat"

Ruth Beardtram of the Poduttle Gazette calls it "An amazing ride that will keep you guessing til the end"

While cb9420 of The Melting Pot says "This shit is immature, lick my dick"

misled youth
06-29-2013, 01:32 PM
cb9- why do you believe that you get to decide what is posted on this site?
also be carefull, when you request other male's to "lick your dick" that sounds pretty gay. i am guessing you did not read this gem of a thread in full?
if you live in the wrong/right place you may get stoned for such gayness...

for a while i thought nomad was coming out of the closet, but he corrected me. now i am wondering if you are coming out?

LarryC
06-29-2013, 02:58 PM
amazing and sad that these worthless threads reveal so much about us.

kbinkster
06-29-2013, 05:36 PM
I just wanted to point out that some people are indeed helping people, in addition to posting in this thread - even the ones who appear to be the most "immature."

I can understand that you are frustrated because you posted your iron oxide transfer paper thread and didn't get the answers you wanted immediately, but chastising people and telling them what they should and should not be posting on here is not the best approach to getting those answers. or any that you come up with later on. You are, of course, free to post whatever you want, as long as it is within the TOS. I'm just suggesting that a little more patience and little less entitlement will get you better results and will aid in your enjoyment of the site.

Mecha
06-29-2013, 06:09 PM
^No, no, no.

You have got it all wrong.

MORE entitlement and even more unreasonable expectations that the unpaid members here answer your every question within minutes will get you a lot farther on this board.

Petulance and an inflated sense of entitlement are very favorable character traits. Not only here, but in everyday life as well.

Try it out. Instead of asking for a favor, demand it.

Aymie
06-30-2013, 06:49 AM
Mecha and Allstyles, I am a little in love with both of you right now. I am not sure what that means for the future possibilities of us getting stoned together. I have a vagina and I am pretty sure you both have a penis, so as long as your balls don't touch, I think we are safe.

As far as terribly useless threads go, this one is pretty amazing. I have had a long time love affair with Nomad, and I have missed him bunches. I am pretty stoked about his return.

AmberD
07-01-2013, 11:46 AM
^^^ :dieslaugh:

Truly, a gem of a thread. I check it while Im bored at work and need a good laugh.

Mr.P0rn
07-01-2013, 01:59 PM
^^^I'm doing that right now.

PyroChixRock
07-01-2013, 02:57 PM
Me too :lol

Aymie
07-01-2013, 04:42 PM
Well you three slackers above better start puttin' in some work here and not just taking free laughs.

Chris Juedemann
07-04-2013, 07:02 AM
I did some digging on Mike's nieghbor..

LTC (Ret) James Gigrich, U.S. Army
Jim has served as a member of the board of America's Huey 091 Foundation since 2008 and is a tireless advocate for all our military, our veterans and their families, living and working in the Washington D.C. area. He also volunteers with the "Snowball Express", an organization that is dedicated to the well-being of the children of our fallen heroes since 9/11.

That's a definite sign.

TlkQ
07-06-2013, 04:31 PM
Anyone else feel like funksizzle was like Nomad's weirdness lightning rod? Nomad was around ages ago and sounded an awful lot like Funk. Then Funk showed up and Nomad made a return, but with coherent, knowledgeable posts. Now that Funk is gone it's like Nomad is back to normal.

istandalone24/7
07-06-2013, 04:34 PM
so are you saying funksizzle was nomad, or nomad is funksizzle? boggles the mind.....

TlkQ
07-06-2013, 04:40 PM
It's waaaay deeper than that.

I propose that they are both inhabited by the same outside force. Think of like a demonic possession. Except more like a troll possession. There is only enough room for one huge, loveable troll on a message board so this troll can only inhabit one user at a time. Once Funk was ousted, the troll jumped back into his old friend Nomad.

istandalone24/7
07-06-2013, 05:48 PM
fuckin conspiracy i tell ya

VertigoGlass
07-06-2013, 10:48 PM
If there was a way to get mike nomad funksizzle and this c9 dork together in one room and they all did some sweet scissoring and made a 4 way gay love child I think the third coming of Christ may happen.......

istandalone24/7
07-07-2013, 03:56 AM
....the popcorn you're eating has been pissed in, film at 11!

$10 says nobody can tell me what movie that quote came from (w/o using google).

Aymie
07-07-2013, 06:17 AM
If there was a way to get mike nomad funksizzle and this c9 dork together in one room and they all did some sweet scissoring and made a 4 way gay love child I think the third coming of Christ may happen.......

That sounds like a party I went to one time.

kbinkster
07-07-2013, 10:25 AM

Was it one of the brat pack movies like Breakfast Club or 16 Candles?

istandalone24/7
07-07-2013, 10:44 AM
no mam!

kbinkster
07-07-2013, 10:47 AM
I didn't think so, but it sounds like something Judd Nelson or Michael Anthony Hall would have said. I looked it up and yeah, I would not have been able to guess correctly, since I never watched that movie.

H1JACK3R
07-07-2013, 10:47 AM
I'm not wearing any pants.

Aymie
07-07-2013, 11:03 AM
I'm not wearing any pants.

Me neither!

VertigoGlass
07-07-2013, 12:08 PM
I just pooped my pants.... this piece just went up in value..........

Greg Cowles
07-07-2013, 01:15 PM
It sounds like Amazon Women On The Moon......
No really, the hole thread.
Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

CheeseNip
07-07-2013, 07:32 PM
CHRIST! Did a cow shit in here?

yinzer
07-10-2013, 05:29 AM
Fuck. It has been way too long since ive been around. I would just like to take this moment to say: hey nomad, im divorced now. Have been for two years, ya know.....

Mecha
07-10-2013, 05:37 AM

I am going to guess "Kentucky Fried Movie". No idea why as I haven't seen it in like 10 plus years.

Off to google it now.

Edit: awww yeah.

istandalone24/7
07-10-2013, 05:39 AM
CHRIST! Did a cow shit in here?

FUCKING A RIGHT! Fish for dinner last night?

Kentucky Fried Movie. it's a Zucker Bros film (naked gun, major league etc) but it's old....like 1976 i think. very dry humor, but there are some priceless scenes and quote from it.

istandalone24/7
07-10-2013, 05:40 AM
lol Mecha, you posted as i was typeing haha.

Nomad
07-10-2013, 05:51 AM
Fuck. It has been way too long since ive been around. I would just like to take this moment to say: hey nomad, im divorced now. Have been for two years, ya know.....

Yeah I am divorced now also. I have been for almost 9 years now.

Nomad
07-10-2013, 05:53 AM
Things were not going so well on this site for me a few years back. So I did not go on it for the longest time. But I came back to the site and people were really nice to me this time around. Plus people are buying my glass. So I come back to this site once in a wile.

Mike found a guy who makes tubes. He used to work for Torro and now he has his own shop close to Washington DC. So he is set for tubes right now.

Aymie
07-10-2013, 06:11 AM
Why weren't things going well for you on here?

Nomad
07-10-2013, 06:21 AM
Why weren't things going well for you on here?

It was right around the time that New York was becoming flooded with imports. So things were not going well for many people. That is what I think anyways.

misled youth
07-10-2013, 07:22 AM
damn indian's?

turdhole
07-10-2013, 07:25 AM
dont blame native americans for this :puzzled:

Eric S
07-10-2013, 07:31 AM
dont blame native americans for this :puzzled:

he said Indians, not Injuns

Nomad
07-10-2013, 07:35 AM
The Indians from India own like almost every smoke shop in New York city. So the imports are a hard blow to guys like me. I mean it is hard enough finding any of them that speak English that well. Now they don't have to put up with americans at all. It is a crappy situation.
The chinease imports are a whole other story. They have to sell there glass to americans store owners still. So there not as bad.
But it all hurts the local blowers.

TlkQ
07-10-2013, 07:37 AM
So get out of the city? I sell mad pipes all around NYC. There are tons of places for you to sell to that aren't import shops.

Nomad
07-10-2013, 07:44 AM
So get out of the city? I sell mad pipes all around NYC. There are tons of places for you to sell to that aren't import shops.

Like where? St.Marks place is like all Indian expect for that one Tattoo shop and Smoke Shop. A lot of the places on 8th street closed also. But out around 8th street and avenue of America's there is a shop called New York Gifts. I used to do business with them until the Imports took over the city.

To tell you the truth I am very busy with customers right now. I only have one small shop in upstate new York that I deal with that do retail. I am almost too busy for them also but you can't forget where you come from right?

turdhole
07-10-2013, 07:44 AM
he said Indians, not Injuns

i was just joking but wow injuns? lol, probably not P.C. :crazy:

Nomad
07-10-2013, 07:45 AM
Mike has been waiting for like over a week for one bubbler also.... I am really too busy for this even.

TlkQ
07-10-2013, 07:48 AM
Not in the city, around the city. Poughkeepsie/albany and shit

Eric S
07-10-2013, 08:20 AM
i was just joking but wow injuns? lol, probably not P.C. :crazy:

I've always been more of a mac guy myself.

but seriously (as seriously as you can take this topic) I feel like if anything, the word mocks the poor grammar of those who said it that way, not the indigenous people that were so brutalized by the chalkies.

Nomad
07-10-2013, 09:58 AM

I live in Poughkeepsie and there is a ban on smoke shops in this town. There is a place called Nuts in wappingers that sells glass though. I have not had any luck with them myself.
Albany has a lot of smoke shops. I have not been up there in a year at least.
I have a steady customer in New Paltz. But that is the only shop I am doing right now. I am busy with a distributer now who likes to order a lot of stuff.

Nomad
07-10-2013, 10:01 AM

Nice spoons. I might have seen them or something very similar to them in shops around here.

TlkQ
07-10-2013, 10:29 AM
New Paltz. That skateboard shop? That guy is picky as fuck. Look up "Pipe Dreams" in Monroe. That's my boy Matt. He's a good dude.

Nomad
07-10-2013, 10:35 AM
New Paltz. That skateboard shop? That guy is picky as fuck. Look up "Pipe Dreams" in Monroe. That's my boy Matt. He's a good dude.

Yeah I sell my glass to Likwid. He is cool to me. He has actually asked me if I know any other glassblowers also. I think he is looking for some variety in the shop. I know we have one other guy who is local. Then everything is chinease in there mostly. That is as far as hand pipes are concerned.

Nomad
07-10-2013, 10:38 AM

Isn't New York kind of far from North Carolina? You drive all the way up here to sell glass? Must be one hell of a trip.

TlkQ
07-10-2013, 10:41 AM
Check out Village Sensations in Nanuet. Super super heady store. Really good dude. Rock Fantasy in Middletown is pretty sweet too. It's loaded with awesome pinball machines.

I work for a distro. I go all over the country selling pipes.

Nomad
07-10-2013, 11:17 AM
Check out Village Sensations in Nanuet. Super super heady store. Really good dude. Rock Fantasy in Middletown is pretty sweet too. It's loaded with awesome pinball machines.

I work for a distro. I go all over the country selling pipes.

There kind of far from me and right now I am busy. But it is good to know. Thanks for the info.

PyroChixRock
07-10-2013, 11:28 AM
Nomad, ppl here love you. Don't ever think otherwise! I'm sad you didn't come around for awhile. Next time something here feels weird to you, PM me. I got your back, you should know by now. And I have magic buttons that make glassholes who bother nomads go right away! ;-)

And dood...yinzer just hit on you pretty much. She's amazing! What are you waiting for??!

Nomad
07-10-2013, 11:33 AM
Thank you so much!

oz914
07-10-2013, 12:07 PM
Hey Nomad i know some of the guys at Rock Fantacy. They are also about 10 minutes from my house. I could hook you up...

Nomad
07-10-2013, 12:14 PM
Hey Nomad i know some of the guys at Rock Fantacy. They are also about 10 minutes from my house. I could hook you up...

When it rains it pours huh? I wish I had known about these places last summer. Right now I don't have enough glass made to sell to anyone else. If things change in the future I would totally drive out to Midletown.

Right now I have been showing some other art in NYC . So I am interested in finding a shop there. It is easy for me to catch the metro north commuter railroad to grand central from Poughkeepsie. I also visit a friend from high school in the city all the time. I really, really would like to find a store in NYC.

Mark F
07-10-2013, 05:48 PM
I'll make a bubbler for Mike, but I need a down payment of $800 first.

Riley
07-10-2013, 06:49 PM
Could Mike front money on the order? I mean we are all trust worthy here. Ask if he'll do an order for $720 including the worked tube and send the money to my boy Mark F from page one of this thread, the OP. Do that and Ill take care of the rest.

I did that back on page 3 before you got here Mark F.

Mark F
07-11-2013, 08:00 PM
Thanks Riley, forgot that you posted that. This thread has been a good laugh.