PDA

View Full Version : Moldavite on the web?

$$$$$$$
08-05-2005, 09:19 AM
where is a good place to buy some?

glass4est
08-05-2005, 09:31 AM
Not to make it harder on the auctions for us but I go to EBAY. There are some lots of 40 to 50 grams. the pieces are around a gram each. Great for encacing.

slinger
08-05-2005, 02:34 PM
ive never seen a nice moldavite encasement.

i like the shape and form of moldavite, thats one of the characteristics of it that make it cool. WHy you would want to "eliminate" the form and look at it through a marble of bubbles and creases doesnt make sense to me. I think moldavite looks best left raw, and used within a sculpture so that the form of the moldavite remains to relate to the other forms involved in your piece.

just MHO.

broken glass
08-05-2005, 06:36 PM
i used to have a # of this place in Arcata, called Milestone. I couldn't find it and if i remember right, it wasn't listed in the phone book. Ill try some more to locate it, as i want to order some soon too, this place was dope when i went there in 2001, they had moldavite, from nickle and dime size pieces, all they way up to fist size rocks!!

$$$$$$$
08-05-2005, 09:00 PM
with ya on that one slinger.

glass4est
08-06-2005, 11:14 AM
I see your point about the encasing. not all pieces are that bad to do so. You still manipulate the form if you apply it to boro. Ebay still has ok specimens non the less. Or rock and gem shows. Then again opinions are like ASSHOLES, we all have one and they all STINK. The question was still were to locate good Moldavite.

The Bigles
08-06-2005, 02:37 PM
There was a thread a long time ago about it. Michaelangelo posted a website that had the best prices and selection. Straight from the Czech rep. I have no idea what it was though.

nickglassdood
08-07-2005, 09:29 AM
when i was in amsterdam in 2001 we got a kilo half better grade with all the texture half lesser grade like chips and chunks but it was cheapest i ever seen 1000 bux that was a doller a gram there are alot of different grades i like the stuff with texture dont get the crap

dnug42
08-08-2005, 10:56 AM
what about tectat? no clue on sp- but is that the same or diffent?- i saw some in a marb. long time ago- any one still work with that?