PDA

View Full Version : Aura frame stlye

jboatman333
08-07-2005, 08:20 PM
So i think i am about to order some glasses, I was wondering which frame style to get? I can't seem to find any pictures on the Aura website. Anyone have any suggestions or preferences?

10FennyGlass
08-07-2005, 09:01 PM
i think the gogles look badass, but might make you a lil hot. then again ive never owned any. the metal silver frames look sic. goood luck

Garth
08-07-2005, 10:25 PM
I dig my goggles...they fit good and stay on my face. Unless you have a real small head go with size 57's over 52's if you choose the goggles. Here's a link to Aura's site. Scroll down to the bottom and you'll see links to frame pics:

link (http://www.auralens.net/m2_glassworker.cfm)

leslievideki
08-08-2005, 06:03 AM
I LOVE the goggles! I just got my pair last week. The stay on my face, and they aren't too hot. The only bad thing is that I got into the habit over looking over my glasses before when I wanted to check colors or to just look at something out fo the flame, and I can't do that now.

Les

Mike_Aurelius
08-08-2005, 06:19 AM
On the bottom of the page linked above, scroll to the bottom of the page, and you will see 4 links, clicking on any of those will present thumbnails, click on the thumbnail for more information.

vetropod
08-08-2005, 06:23 AM
Here are links to Aura's different frames types:

Standard Line of filter eyewear (http://www.auralens.net/e_gw_frame_standard.cfm)

Value Line of filter eyewear (http://www.auralens.net/e_gw_frame_value.cfm)

Safety Line of filter eyewear (http://www.auralens.net/e_gw_frame_safety.cfm)

other filter eyewear (http://www.auralens.net/e_gw_frame_other.cfm)

Good Luck!
Wes.

Mr. "Awesome!"
08-08-2005, 08:13 AM
I've had the bigger goggles for a while now and to me they've never been very comfortable. The nose piece is just not right. I'm thinking I'm going to get some of the titanium frames soon

3 rip min
08-08-2005, 08:34 AM
im with you mr awesome... i also think they fog up too easy....

i would go for the lightest frames they have...

Garth
08-08-2005, 08:53 AM
The goggles come with a little bottle of "fog buster" spray for your lenses. I use it and never have a problem with fogging.

The Bigles
08-08-2005, 08:57 AM
Do you sit or stand?

A lot of big sweaty work or just a bunch of small stuff?

I wear the goggles 'cause I stand up and move around a lot. But they aren't necessary for people that sit still.

Oh, if you do get the goggles, call Mike and tell him to send you extra nose pieces. Mine wear out every 5-6 months.

3 rip min
08-08-2005, 09:23 AM
The goggles come with a little bottle of "fog buster" spray for your lenses. I use it and never have a problem with fogging.
i got mine like 5-6 years ago and they didnt come with fog buster.. lol... i wish they would have..

jboatman333
08-08-2005, 09:47 AM
I think i going with the titanium frames It looks like my style!

Mike_Aurelius
08-08-2005, 11:12 AM
Back then (in the day? LOL) we were using a different supplier for the goggles. The current supplier is fantastic, and *most* folks really like the goggle.

As far as the nose pads are concerned: every goggle comes with two types: a soft squishy one that has an additional pad that can be slipped into a filler hole, and a harder one that will take a bit more abuse.

We do sell replacement sets, they are $7.95 each, just call Holly (800-281-2872 ext 16), but only for the current model (Hilco Zoom). We don't have the old Liberty RecSpec goggle nose pads any longer.

i got mine like 5-6 years ago and they didnt come with fog buster.. lol... i wish they would have..

3 rip min
08-08-2005, 11:16 AM
hey mike, what can i do about scratches and/or cracks if anything??? is there a way to resurface these glasses???

mountainflame
08-08-2005, 11:41 AM
i sent off for some replacement stuff for my goggles that i got 4 or 5 years ago. i don't have the company name and info on me but will get it and post same soon as possable. they have replacement head bands and nose pieces. i think they are on the east coast someplace.

peace

Mike_Aurelius
08-08-2005, 12:50 PM
hey mike, what can i do about scratches and/or cracks if anything??? is there a way to resurface these glasses???

Unfortunately, nothing can be done. The lenses have to be replaced. Deep enough scratches (gouges) will weaken the lens structure, making it likely that they will break next time they are dropped, same with cracks and/or chips. Replace them as soon as possible.

Part of the problem with resurfacing is that to do it, we have to remove glass - makes the lens thinner and that means it filters less. Usually what happens though is that the lens (especially AGW series) delaminate and fly apart - and break up. AUR-92/ACE lenses are usually case hardened, and regrinding them usually guarantees a spectacular self-destruct sequence.

SteppingRazor
08-08-2005, 02:13 PM
i just got a pair of goggles, split frames. they are great.
~joe

3 rip min
08-08-2005, 02:20 PM
thanks mike for the quick reply... and thank you for making such good glasses....

mountainflame
08-10-2005, 01:10 PM
here's a place to get replacement nose pieces for recspec demon's (the old style)

HALO SPORTS & SAFTEY INC
9 Phair St
p.o. box 1369
Gloversville NY 12078
518-773-4256

they have anti fog stuff too and there's like five different colors of nose pads.

PEACE