PDA

View Full Version : midwest collab

edeezevon
06-09-2007, 05:11 PM
Howdy yall!!I'm back to invite you to the beer drinkinest gun shootinest glass tryin to blowest collab in the midwest since......ok well we will do all that shit but maybe not as well as we should cause of the beer drinkingest part,either way it's number 2 this year and i hope to see you all back again and MANY more of us.I'm lookin to arrange it so we can all come and enjoy and the date is open untill i get a few folks settled in on one so shoot me a suggestion that fits you,,,,the location is northern wisco,the time...well soon and for 3 days starting on a friday(stay as long as you want tho)Im thinking aug.or early sept.let me know what you think.phone me at 920 980 8825 or p.m. me but honestly my box is full and i'm too lazy to delete messeges.christopher.

billygoat
06-10-2007, 08:37 PM
sounds like fun....im in probably...

Firekist
06-11-2007, 08:38 AM
sept 6-9 is out for bigles and me.. august 19-25 or something like that are also no good.. at least for me. july 10-14 are out for both of us.. but that'd likely be too hot anyway =)

i'd say mid-late september would be nice, since we'll be camping, and it should be a bit cooler in september than in august!

bigles, myself, maui greenstone and his brother, la playa glass (both of them), harry paratestez, and some of the locals all had a fun time last year! teste toss was fun, the guns were great.. (the one that kinda blew up freaked me out) =0

hope this one's as fun as the last one!

z---seth

edeezevon
06-11-2007, 09:12 AM
well i hope to see all you folks and more this year how does sept 29-31 or the closest weekend to that(no calander)?that will work for us and guess what?we got even more firearms to play with!!!big enough to even wake up antony,maybe!ha ha.

The Bigles
06-11-2007, 09:21 PM
I still tell the story about sleeping through gunfire for hours.

Jerry Gash
06-11-2007, 09:35 PM
I might be down, i like guns and beer, don,t know about that drive though.......could be a long one.

nick84
06-11-2007, 10:51 PM
Damn I missed last year...I should really make it this year :)
Nick

The Bigles
06-12-2007, 12:33 AM
I might be down, i like guns and beer, don,t know about that drive though.......could be a long one.

pussy

Jerry Gash
06-12-2007, 12:56 PM
pussy

You callin' me a pussy? I'll show up just so you can take it back....

;)

The fucking gas is what hurts, i drive v8's.

ShttrdSpctrm
06-13-2007, 08:51 AM
i might be in michigan in sept. maybe i'll go back to co the northern way and stop in for the party. :chilling:

Harry Paratesteez
06-13-2007, 02:35 PM
Sign me up.....Im down for whenever.

The Bigles
06-13-2007, 03:32 PM
i might be in michigan in sept. maybe i'll go back to co the northern way and stop in for the party. :chilling:

I'm not sure you can handle the beer drinking.

Don't get shot while you're at home.

Jerry Gash
06-13-2007, 04:35 PM
Matt, wanna car pool? I'll drive if you chip in on gas....it does sound like a fun time indeed.

Harry Paratesteez
06-13-2007, 04:57 PM
Sounds Like we need a date before I agree to do anything but show up.
But ya, Im down w/ a car pool.....Might just wanna rent a uhaul considering all the kilns we'll need.

Ok. I'm gonna lay it out I guess.

1. We need a date
2. we need to find out who is comming and w/ what
What we need.
1. beers and hard drinks
2. glass blowers, Any type......pipers, sculpters...cough Selchow....cutters, fusers,facteters......maybey even a few brave bead ladies.
3.Gear....kilns, tools, gases, guns, women and fast cars.
4.....Maybey a "get in fee" sorta thing so we can pay for food or a porta potty, or even just a keg fund.

Piece,
MAtt

Jerry Gash
06-13-2007, 06:42 PM
porta potty?

Where exactly is is gonna be anyway? All i know is northern Wisconsin.

Harry Paratesteez
06-13-2007, 07:58 PM
Its at a top of the line glass production facility in the middle of nowhere wisconsin.......der....guns, beer ,glass.......
Its at a farm mang.
But really ...do these nice folks that are providing you space want you stubling in their house and playin bombs over tokyo at 4 in the morning...no.
Where did you think the midwest collab would be???? EGS?
If yer scared........stay home...Pussy....

Piece,
Matt

Jerry Gash
06-13-2007, 08:08 PM
Bwaahahhaaa bombs over tokyo!!! You guys in minnesota sure have big mouths prolly from all that cocknballs you've been suckin'.

Speaking of staying home...you get your shop setup yet? You might as well just bring all your gear and leave it there.

Name the date and place and me and my vajayjay will be there.
Sucka..........

ShttrdSpctrm
06-13-2007, 08:37 PM
I'm not sure you can handle the beer drinking.

Don't get shot while you're at home.

dude, i can drink you under the table anyday, i might have to puke in the morn but
cmon.....antony......cmon...cmon

i'm gonna be packin when i go home, fo sho, its fuckin crazy by my brothers house.

Firekist
06-13-2007, 11:04 PM
just don't carpool with maui greenstone.. those guys showed up with 4 different sized tires on their ride. it was all leany. (no joke.. or was it only 3.. is 3 impossible? seems so.. so it must have been 4.. 2 sounds wrong)

if it's at the same place, 20 minutes north of wausau... or so.

i'd press the entry fee as well.. this isn't a collab for matt G's sake this time, so no one should be eating the lox tank cost.

z---seth

Jerry Gash
06-14-2007, 05:15 AM
just don't carpool with maui greenstone.. those guys showed up with 4 different sized tires on their ride. it was all leany. (no joke.. or was it only 3.. is 3 impossible? seems so.. so it must have been 4.. 2 sounds wrong)

if it's at the same place, 20 minutes north of wausau... or so.

i'd press the entry fee as well.. this isn't a collab for matt G's sake this time, so no one should be eating the lox tank cost.

z---seth

Thanks for the info i assumed it was gonna be on somebodies land outdoors not ESG like 151prickboy mentioned.

edeezevon
06-14-2007, 09:41 AM
were holding it the last weekend in sept(come early,stay late).I got a HUGE top loading kiln but its old with no ramp cycle i/e not that great.2 little kilns,7 propane tanks,4 splitters,1 liquid tank.bring your own stuff.matt,I'd rather shit in the woods than a port!!!seth,can you get that octopus again???also stop picking on greenstone!they had drive that rig all the way from hawaii!!!other than that it's pretty much the same thing as last year only a diff. date.oh yah were gonna charge a small fee cause last year my bro got stuck with an extra 180$electric bill and he doesnt even blow glass and were prolly gonna double that this year!!!so if your too cheap to cough out a little dough to my bro dont go.we hope to see you all again tho.oh yah matt,the highway dept. sprayed over your overpass signs for selchow so be sure to bring more paint......peace
christopher

Jerry Gash
06-14-2007, 11:16 AM
I can bring my 99ls and Maya along with hoses and regs, i also have some tees to tee off of the tanks....this sounds like its gonna be fun as hell.

Harry Paratesteez
06-14-2007, 05:28 PM
So it looks like Master Gash and myself are on the guest list.
Not really sure how its all gonna work out, but we're planning on leaving here thursday night, planning to arrive around 2 am friday.
We're looking at carpooling over to wisco,prolly renting a trailor.
anyone thats interested in doing that sorta thing...let us know.
I can bring my kiln(110 infinate switch)
and im sure Jerry could bring his too if its needed.
Ohh....
BTW....we prolly won't leave until monday midday.
I wanna stay around and help clean up this year.....last year me and biggles ran off kinda quick......But hell...I bought most the beers...so even steven.

What are we lookin at as far a a buy in?
50 bucks seems fair.

Piece,
MAtt

Jerry Gash
06-14-2007, 07:04 PM
I could also bring my controller for that top loader kiln. It wouldn't take much to wire it up. It doesn't ramp but at least its digital...........
How big is it anyway?

Harry Paratesteez
06-14-2007, 07:59 PM
bigger than a babbys arm.

Firekist
06-15-2007, 06:33 AM
if bigles is sticking around here until then, i'm sure we'd bring his..or maybe my.. 9169d.

i can't quite say for sure i'm going, but yeah, if there's nothing on the calendar i'm going.

chris: i'll check into the octopus again.. i'm guessing i'll be able to get it.
also, does your bro still have the 220v electrical line and female receptacle we ran last year?

i'd love to see a maya in action!

matt, i dunno what trailer you're talking about renting.. a thing to tow behind your car to load shit in?

z---seth

Harry Paratesteez
06-15-2007, 03:37 PM
ya....Like a Towing trailor.

The Bigles
06-15-2007, 07:23 PM
jackass

Harry Paratesteez
06-15-2007, 08:55 PM
Gazoontight.

Jerry Gash
06-16-2007, 07:57 AM
I was looking on uhaul.com, they don't rent any trailers for cheap. My brother has a snowmobile trailer, not really ideal but it would work....

drewspuppet
06-16-2007, 11:18 AM
where in the midwest are you at? Is this open to whoever?

If your kiln runs on 110 I have an add on digi controller that you just turn your kiln on high and plug the electric into the controller.

maui greenstone
06-16-2007, 03:56 PM
Unfortunately my brother and i won't be able to drive the car with 3 dif size tires over the pacific ocean so we will be missing out on it this year but yall are welcome to come over here anytime and play.

The Bigles
06-17-2007, 02:01 AM
where in the midwest are you at? Is this open to whoever?

If your kiln runs on 110 I have an add on digi controller that you just turn your kiln on high and plug the electric into the controller.

Yes, you also have to bring Dan P.

And your apprentices. There are no "one glassblower" cars allowed. I still have a tiny little piece of your gold. honky.

(there actually are "one glassblower" cars allowed. I just want Andrew to bring a lot of people.)

LaPlayaGlass
06-17-2007, 08:02 AM
Last weekend of September is sounding good. I am sure the heat will be a little less intense then ( Ihope ) I'll start exercising my drinking arms. That little piggy store better stock up on the mountain creek. We can throw down a couple of $$ as well. Save us a parking spot!!
AL & Donna

edeezevon
06-28-2007, 08:41 AM
hi guys!sorry to hear you cant make it maui!fuckin swim you pussy!my kiln (top loader)is a fusing/slumping kiln and its about 3 ft wide 31/2 deep,maybe a bit bigger.It's 220v and i got another one a bit smaller but the top element isnt workin properly.yes my bro still has the 220 line and if i remember we added another.50$ sounds fair and dont worry matt were gonna buy some kegs this year!too many cans to clean up last year,,,,,maybe we shouuld all just stick to the booze this year!(unlike last he he.)actually im 1/2 way on the wagon now but it's a shakey road so I plan on fallin off.everybody is welcome and even friends of everyone,but not thier neighbors,I hate those guys.hope you make it up seth,also lookin forward to seeing matt's hairdoo this year...spooky!peace.
chris

LaPlayaGlass
06-28-2007, 08:46 PM
We can bring that same kiln again if its needed/wanted. Kegs=Riggles bait.
AL

edeezevon
06-29-2007, 12:29 PM
no need if we can get a pyrom. 4 my big one,,,,,,,,,,,,just got done makin hitters and been havin a hell of a time tryin to get exotics and silver colors from checkin!!!!bullshit!I'm lovin the elvis and some dark multi and even caramel but I cant seem to use anything saturated with silver or i get checks,only on one side usually with plum but with greens or unobtanium,moss,super unob,ect.....wasting my gas n glass it seems.any suggestions?
chris
oh yah,I figured kegs would bring some more degenerates out of the woodwork,weve been runnin low on the low!ha!

Firekist
06-29-2007, 04:03 PM
either a more oxidizing flame, or a lower kiln temperature should keep those colors from checking... garage at 1000 during the day, then run the anneal.. ramp to 1050 for a couple hours, then back down. (your pyrometer could be off as well.. not sure how to check that =/)

z--seth

LaPlayaGlass
06-29-2007, 06:59 PM
Does it have doggy doors? If not I will bring our biggun. Or if it does I have a pyrometer I can bring.
AL

edeezevon
07-09-2007, 12:15 PM
hi al,no doggy but im figurin on cuttin one in.bring your pyrom.seth,tried a million things with the kiln and it never occured that my pyrom might be off,ive been holding it at 1050 for HOURS!!!!it does seem too hot tho cause i get little dents where the glass sits.i'll try turnin it down a bit but i think i'm doin sumthin wrong!too much heat melting in the colors???they never check in a marble or pendant only in pieces!!!I'm absolutly sure the colors are melted in fully so other than that and even thickness (got it)I'm confused!!!?????you'll have to show me how to use these when you come to the collab.oh yah,,,danny from oskhosh area says hi.peace
chris

Firekist
07-09-2007, 03:33 PM
if you're not going in and out of the kiln all day, keep it set at 1000.. or what _should_ be 1000.. if you're getting dents from your glass being in the kiln, your pyrometer IS off... unless you're setting the glass into the kiln while it's still kinda soft.

to get dents.. it'd have to be quite a bit off.. 200 degrees or so i'd guess... not sure how to test that out or recalibrate or any of that.. i dunno.. not sure what to say about the colors not checking in marbles or pendants.. hmm.. weird

z---seth

Jerry Gash
07-18-2007, 01:51 PM
Ok now we got the dudes crack problem taken care of lets get back on topic.

Let's get a head count on how many people are gonna come and who is going to bring what. Being i can't go more than a couple of hours without eating i was wondering about food. Will there be a grill available? If not i guess we could just have kiln baked pizza's all weekend. Also, who is bringing the bitches? Maybe we could rent some?

ShttrdSpctrm
07-18-2007, 08:12 PM
Maybe we could rent some?[/

let me know how many and when. I'll hook you up.

edeezevon
07-19-2007, 10:28 AM
jerry,the head count is ALWAYS gonna be a mystery untill we get there and count and most of us cant count for more than an hour after arrival.the tab for goin is gonna be 50$ so I'm gonna buy beer first and foremost then lots of beer......did i say that already?yah we got a grill and i'm gonna get lots of food too so dont sweat it!bring what you want!hell it's really only a party for all us glassholes to attend and hopefully walk away with some nice ART.
shattered,bring a pole and be prepared to be OUTFISHED!!!!oh yah,bring me two of those ho's but leave em in the trunk till my wife falls asleep ok?ha!see you all in sept!

Jerry Gash
07-19-2007, 01:32 PM
What about the gases, will they be there ahead of time? Maybe if some of us payed up front you could have that shit ready?

Harry Paratesteez
07-19-2007, 07:39 PM
GAsh was actually talking about actual bitches.....girl dogs.....
hes from Iowa..cut him some slack, but if ya can come up w/ a sheep or a sow I'm sure he'll still be down.

Doc Holliday
07-19-2007, 07:48 PM
moooooo, this sounds fun id like to come

nick84
07-19-2007, 08:42 PM
I think I will probably try to make it this year :)
Nick

Firekist
07-20-2007, 05:31 AM
i've got 3 or 4 20lb propane tanks. i asked the oxy guys about the octopus for the o2.. they said they'd just have to find it.

z--seth

Jerry Gash
07-20-2007, 10:57 AM
GAsh was actually talking about actual bitches.....girl dogs.....
hes from Iowa..cut him some slack, but if ya can come up w/ a sheep or a sow I'm sure he'll still be down.

Dude thats baaaaahhhhhhd.

;)

Harry Paratesteez
07-20-2007, 04:47 PM
BAhh means no Jer.

Doc Holliday
07-20-2007, 04:52 PM
why does a farmer fuck his sheep on the edge of a cliff?............

so the sheep pushes back!
-George Carlin

nick84
07-21-2007, 06:53 PM
hahaha...lol...
Nick

Turning Point Glass
07-23-2007, 08:30 PM
Sounds like a good time, I think I'll have to make it up there this year. Where in n. wisco is it? Are we tenting it? Bring your own glass? Are there any dirt bikes or four wheelers to play with?

edeezevon
07-24-2007, 11:28 AM
GASH,if the shit wasnt ready already i'd hardly rely on all the degenerate glassholes that are coming to pre pay to make it possible!!!!seriously tho we got the o2 and about 5 propane tanks so no worries!
chris...your full of shit1youll never make it and i already know that....your house prolly needs a new coat of paint or some b.s.!
see you all in sept.

Jerry Gash
07-24-2007, 05:19 PM
Heh, good point. Anyone up for moonshine? I know a guy who has a still and has some serious hooch. If nothing else we can light it on fire.....

GASH,if the shit wasnt ready already i'd hardly rely on all the degenerate glassholes that are coming to pre pay to make it possible!!!!seriously tho we got the o2 and about 5 propane tanks so no worries!
chris...your full of shit1youll never make it and i already know that....your house prolly needs a new coat of paint or some b.s.!
see you all in sept.

edeezevon
07-25-2007, 11:04 AM
moonshine ey??????sounds like i got a new best friend!
antony,i figured a way to wake you up 4 certain this year!!!!does 1 garbage bag filled with 1/2 o2 1/2 propane go BOOM???????HELL yah it does!be 4 warned,mix 1 part me 9 parts moonshine and NOOOBODY is safe!
anyone wants to bring some 4 wheelers or bikes that would rock too!otherwise its just guns n glass!boo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
peace,c.k.

LaPlayaGlass
09-05-2007, 02:56 PM
The date is fast approaching...Who's gonna make it? I been drinking lots and staying up all night trying to get in shape for this event!!!
AL

Jerry Gash
09-05-2007, 03:45 PM
I'm still down....

ShttrdSpctrm
09-05-2007, 05:49 PM
I dont think I'm makin it. I have alota things to deal with here right now. :bummed:

Firekist
09-05-2007, 09:33 PM
we're still slated to make it.. but shit sure is getting busy in deeze here parts!

---seth

LaPlayaGlass
09-06-2007, 03:40 PM
Hell I hear that Seth.. Just got cleaned out of stock at a big event now the phone keeps ringing...I wish I could defer some of the stores until the "lean" months.... LOL..I can't find the rent a chineese glassblower link gonna have to do all the work ourselves...probably just as well.... RaPraya grass just don't sound right.
AL

PyroChixRock
09-06-2007, 05:00 PM
RaPraya grass just don't sound right.
AL

:rollin

edeezevon
09-09-2007, 08:34 AM
still goin on folks!I'm gonna b there on the 27th on through sun,come on up n have some fun!everyone is welcome(well almost everyone).seth,are you 4 sure gonna come n bring the octopus?we'll need it or a lot of splitters.ya'll bring your own glass torches/anything your fond of i/e motorcycles,beer,guns,prostit.....anything.

Firekist
09-14-2007, 03:11 PM
i'll be bugging my oxy guys after the weekend. they should be able to find it for me.

====s000seth

Uscalus Storm
09-17-2007, 07:54 PM
Well after reading four pages of this shit and finding 20% information needed, Someone should pm me or post a few things.

Where is it?
Starting FRiday on that weekend?

Ps: I'm TOTALLY new with glass. I just purchased 600$ worth of tools and supplies, with one little book. Always beena teach myself kinda guy i suppose. But i'd like to come out if it be worth my while..Let me know.
pss:I get to start my first project on thur...when the propane comes

The Bigles
09-18-2007, 12:41 AM
Well after reading four pages of this shit and finding 20% information needed, Someone should pm me or post a few things.

Where is it?
Starting FRiday on that weekend?

Ps: I'm TOTALLY new with glass. I just purchased 600$ worth of tools and supplies, with one little book. Always beena teach myself kinda guy i suppose. But i'd like to come out if it be worth my while..Let me know.
pss:I get to start my first project on thur...when the propane comes

As long as you're not new to drinking you should be fine.

LaPlayaGlass
09-20-2007, 08:56 PM
The date is fast approaching...Should be in there friday sometime I'll bring our oxy tee and some y's You still need my pyrometer chris? I also have some heavy ext cords I guess I'll bring em along

Uscalus...If you can make it to this thing it would be a great inspiration to get you going with your glass work. I am sure you would pick up lots of useful tips....Like where to get the cheap beer...
I can almost feel the hangover already.
Your bro still got that nutso doggo? I may have to bring our husky lab X...Bitch with other dogs but we have a muzzle for her. (loves people)
What kinda night temps can we expect at this time of year?
See ya all soon
Who's gonna make it?
Antony did you patch that bullet hole in your tent yet?
I told em I was not a good enuf shot to knock that mountain creek can off your tent pole. I sure am glad you were laying down.....
Al

Firekist
09-21-2007, 07:02 AM
bigles is philly bound, and it looks like he's not making it. oh.. and since he ripped part of my tent, he "bought" that one for himself. he never mentioned why his old tent leaked .... =0

as for my family and i.. it's looking grim for making it. i didn't realize how wiped out we were after the last flood of orders/festival. i only have 2 cases of glass.. which is really weird.. so.. if i'm productive enough, we might still make it.
sorry otherwise =(

=/
---seth

Uscalus Storm
09-21-2007, 11:30 AM
I really wish i could, but work already had that weeks schedule done...And yea...I work all 3 days -.-

edeezevon
09-25-2007, 01:21 PM
uscalus...excuses..excu....you know!oh well.if seth dont got the octopus everyone should bring some splitters i got 2 of each only!the rest regs,clear all that shit too ya kno?hope to meet new folks and learn lots too this year so come on up/down(ontario freaks!).pm. me for info no later than thurs. morn cause i'll be torchin after that.al,bring that pyrom too!I got a backup but its,,,,,so/so.c u all soon.=) (=.<-silly.

edeezevon
09-25-2007, 01:23 PM
p.s..............well i got bored and the option to keep writing senseless shit was there so i capitolized on it!sue me!

LaPlayaGlass
09-25-2007, 05:00 PM
Did ya get doggy doors organized in that kiln? If not I'll bring our big one again..
I have an oxy regulator t and a few y's ...ya get to see my ghetto foot pedal for my rocket.....lol
Barring problems should be in around dinner time friday :)
Message if you think of anything else u need. ( within reason )
CU soon
Al

Uscalus Storm
09-25-2007, 08:21 PM
Well No one said when it is...Maybe i can drive down for a few hours and leave the same day?

LaPlayaGlass
09-26-2007, 12:11 PM
Uscalus storm
Sept 28-30 hours will vary...
PM edeezevon for directions as I know how to get there... but to TRY and give someone directions would be mean....lol
Al

Uscalus Storm
09-26-2007, 05:50 PM
Well i meant what city is it near...I'll Pm you both since i prob wont be near a computer the next few days and its short coming...Ill have to find somone to take the shift quick.

Firekist
09-26-2007, 06:42 PM
north of wausau by 30minutes or so.. maybe 20. merril.

speaking of which.. we ran into a blower from merril. funny

z--seth

edeezevon
09-27-2007, 07:59 AM
hi,the blower didnt happen to be chad did it???he's comin.call me at 920 889 8281.al bring your kiln and some hookers!see ya soon!im goin up today.
peace,chris.

LaPlayaGlass
09-27-2007, 03:14 PM
hi,the blower didnt happen to be chad did it???he's comin.call me at 920 889 8281.al bring your kiln and some hooks !see ya soon!im goin up today.
peace,chris.
Hooks?? I am not much of a fisherman but ok. c u 2morrow
AL

Firekist
09-27-2007, 03:34 PM
man.. i thought i might have had a chance at going.. but no, i'm like a month behind. way to go festivals =)

HAVE FUN!

forgot the blower's name
---seth

LaPlayaGlass
10-02-2007, 03:38 PM
Just got home...had a great time met some new friends...blew some stuff.
Misbehaved as usual. Thanks to the organizers.
Al

Uscalus Storm
10-03-2007, 01:08 PM
Yea..Thanks guys for inviting me! Had a wonderful time. Hope that weather didn't hurt ya'll too much...sucked driving home. Lmao

MUPH
06-24-2008, 12:08 PM
Is that going on for year #3?