PDA

View Full Version : plasma?

glasshole
08-13-2005, 06:54 PM
can anyone here tell me how to pressurize and seal plasma into a hollow tube....I have electrodes, can get gas.....procedure?

IrieGuy05
08-13-2005, 07:51 PM
Theres a guy in Michigan who does it and gives workshops on it. Harold Eberhart? I could be pulling that name out of my ass but there really is a guy in michigan that does scientific work/plasma stuff and he has a website about it. Try googling michigan scientific glassblower or something.

slinger
08-13-2005, 07:55 PM
or id get in touch with Sally Prasch. I believe shes in the New England area. A friend of mine has taken some classes with her one on one in her studio and he said she was super cool and it wasnt that expensive.

bc
08-13-2005, 08:09 PM
yeah, she's in mass. My friend is slingers friend, he always said she had mad knowledge an is cheap! Shit, I should take a class from her, so close.

mindblowingglass
08-13-2005, 09:19 PM
Harold Eberhart is who I learned it from. ( he works in the University as a scientific blower)
You wont be sorry takeing a workshop w/ him ( as he has mad neon skills to)
I dont know sally but she sounds like a good bet too.

JANKYglass
08-13-2005, 11:32 PM
yep harald is da man!!!!!

you'll need a vacuum pump to pull out the air and a manifold sytem to control the gas going back in.

coe-33
08-14-2005, 06:10 AM
yeah take a class with harald, he will fill up all the pieces you make with neon and other gases, then later on when you make pieces at your shop you can bring them to him and have him fill those up too.

eberhartglass.com

J Howard
08-16-2005, 09:03 PM
i took a hot shop class at corning a few years ago, and we filled big pieces. i made a boro dragonfly at a local shop (hollow and clear) and filled it with neon. erik anders took a few pictures of it @ AGI a few yrs back

fun stuff. saving for a manifold