PDA

View Full Version : Kenan Tiemeyer @ Demoss studio Sept. 8th

bluemoss
08-21-2007, 05:28 AM
I will be holding a day long demo at Jesse Demoss' studio in McCall, Idaho on Sept. 8th. I will be focusing on my theories of gold and silver fuming applications. I will be demonstrating many of my production pendants that are based on various honeycombing techniques. I will also be assembling a larger marble, probably a honeycomb vortex variation. This is one day only and it should be a bunch of fun.

Contact Jesse at sales@jessedemoss.com if you are interested in attending.

You can see examples of my work on
gp.org http://www.glasspipes.org/Gal3239_bluemoss_s_Gallery.asp
ga.org http://www.glassartists.org/Gal2790_Kenan_Tiemeyer_s_gallery.asp
and here: www.tiemeyerglass.com

Thanks - Kenan

JDeMoss
08-21-2007, 09:17 AM
Thank Kenan,

This should be a really cool time guys. If you've never been to this area your missing out. We have plenty of space for camping on our family ranch. Or our friends own The Hartland Inn in town. The shop is 15 minutes from McCall which is an outdoor meca for anyone who wants to spend a few days boating, biking, hiking, etc.
And, you don't want to miss out on Kenan. You may not get another chance for awhile to see him this far west. If any of you want to learn amazing fume skills, this is the guy to learn from.

Cost-$125
Time- Start at 10:00am End at around 10:00pm
Airport- closest is Boise which is a beautiful 2 hour drive on a scenic byway. Unless you can afford to fly into McCall in your personal plane.
Location- 3350 Walker Ln. New Meadows, Idaho 83654

Again, you should check out Kenan's work if you are not familiar with it. It's really amazing stuff,

Thanks everyone,

Jesse

208-315-3183
sales(at)jessedemoss.com
jessedemoss(at)hotmail.com

Anakin's Glass Eye
08-21-2007, 12:58 PM
I'm interested. I'm gonna check into the cost of airfare and car and stuff and then I'll see if I can swing it.

Couple questions though: Should I/do I have to bring my torch & tools? Is there hookups for multiple torches?

Brad

Eric S
08-21-2007, 03:17 PM
hmm thats about 5 hours from me. hows the weather there? any fires in the area? smoke?

Arcane Glass
08-21-2007, 08:27 PM
Not sure about where Jesse is, but in Boise which is about 2hrs away its been off and on hazy. We had a few days about 3 weeks ago that were really bad, then it cleared up and has been good to moderate according to the smog patrol. ;)

bluemoss
08-22-2007, 03:09 AM
I hope as many of you can make it as possible. This will be my first time out west and only regret that I can not stay longer. I don't get out much and rarely ever work with other people so this whole trip will be a real treat.
Also, this demo will be held only a few days after my 7 year anniversary of working with glass. This experience will be an anniversary present of sorts. It will be really nice to finally see a small portion of the western U.S.
I am really looking forward to seeing who is able to come out and hope that there will be some time do a few collabs with others. I really appreciate that fact that Jesse has been so willing to make this all happen. It's gonna be a good time. Can't wait!

Emmett's Glass
08-22-2007, 04:36 AM
Kenan, you gonna make it to the Seattle area? It's not much further west.
E

Eric S
08-22-2007, 09:03 AM
well i'm pretty likely to come, weather and smoke permitting.

JDeMoss
08-22-2007, 09:16 AM
Brad, I think that the entire day of the 8th will be Kenan doing his demo. I doubt anyone else gets on the torch. But the next day I think we will open it up to let you guys that traveled a ways get on the torches. I know Kenan and I will be messing around that day doing collabs and stuff. I have it plumbed for five torches, but four is more comfortable. They are all running on a Pro-8 oxy generator. So not everyone can be raging huge at once (or maybe we can, I've never tried). I have had four going with no problem. So I don't think you need to bring your torch, unless you wanted to.

James, do you know if your bringing your torch?

BigSky, the weather has been good lately. There are a few huge fires around and the smoke was really bad for awhile, but it doesn't seem that bad lately. We've had some storms that blew it all away.

This is going to be a good time.

Jesse

Arcane Glass
08-22-2007, 09:25 AM
I can bring my Mirage or my CC or both, which ever you want. Can't wait to see your new setup.

brettodie
08-22-2007, 10:13 AM
Kenan's a great guy and a excellent glassworker. his fuming stuff has gotten downright amazing. enjoy your trip out west K. hope the familys doing good. my daughters getting pudgy lol. let me know next time your in state. peace brett

bluemoss
08-23-2007, 04:12 AM
Hey Anakin, hope you can make it out. I would love to do a collab with you. (honeycomb vortex vs. turbine vortex) could be hot!
Emmett, I wish I could make it up to Seattle. I only have 4 days available on this trip. Not even enough time to check out Idaho. I am hoping that this experience will get motivated to set up another trip out west and hopefully visit more studios. I stay isolated most of the time and am starting to feel like it might be nice to meet more glass blowers, expand my horizons in a way.
Brett, don't know when I'll be "in state" again. My son started Kindergarten the other day and all of a sudden our options are limited as far as taking extended trips away from home. Hope alls well in MI.

Emmett's Glass
08-23-2007, 08:40 AM
Cool Kenan, Let me know and you got a spot to do demos/ classes near Seattle.
E

bluemoss
08-23-2007, 12:07 PM
Hey Emmett, I appreciate the offer. It is always so hard to say what is going to happen. I will keep it mind.

PyroChixRock
08-23-2007, 12:32 PM
Have a blast, Kenan! And those of you thinking of going, decide to go! Kenan's work is amazing, I'm certain it would be worth the trip.

bluemoss
08-23-2007, 02:18 PM
Thanks Misha! I am getting more excited about this trip every day!

Anakin's Glass Eye
08-24-2007, 12:25 AM
It's looking like I can make it. I can get a pretty cheap flight in on Friday and out on Monday. That'll leave lots of time for screwing around.

Kenan, I would be stoked to do a collaboration or two or three. Let's plan on it. I'll bring some prep work that I'd need for a few turbine vortex's and we'll throw something together.

Brad

JDeMoss
08-24-2007, 09:06 AM
Brad,

Shelly said if you come, you have to teach her how to make a pretzel.
It's going to be a good time. You can crash in one of our guest rooms if you want to. I'm going to e-mail you with a couple questions.

There is very limited space now, so if anyone else wants to go, you better act fast.

Thanks

jesse

Arcane Glass
08-24-2007, 10:31 AM
I see how I rate, he told me last week I had to crash on the floor and tells you that you get a room. sheesh. :cry2:

JDeMoss
08-24-2007, 12:01 PM
I have a better spot for you now James. You'll see when you get here. Your not afraid of heights are you?

JDeMoss
08-24-2007, 12:14 PM
You guys will get to meet Bob the Great Horned Owl. He lives in a tree by our house (well usually on the porch pooping). He will let you pet him. Kenan, you'll have to bring your camera, I'm sure Tree would appreciate him.

Arcane Glass
08-24-2007, 12:25 PM
Sweet, I get to sleep in the tree with the owl.

Thats a way cool pic bro. Can't wait to come up, I'll have to make sure I bring my camera as well.

Anakin's Glass Eye
08-24-2007, 01:54 PM
Pretzel? Yeah, I could do that.

Since I came back from Germany I've been looking for a real German pretzel recipe - they really know how to make 'em. No luck yet, but I'll keep looking.

Anywho, let me get my plane ticket on Monday and then we'll sort out the details.

Brad

vetropod
08-24-2007, 02:49 PM
I can't make it to the class, but would love to come out for a visit on the 9th. I'd be happy to throw down an insect or two for some collab, although compatibility may be an issue :D

Wes.

Eric S
08-25-2007, 08:10 PM
dude i'm totally there. anyone from zootown wanna carpool and save on gas?