PDA

View Full Version : Flame_Off contestants...

Galaxie Glass
09-19-2007, 01:43 PM
Anyone attending the Barterfair and would like to compete in the "Flame_Off" please post here or contact me . The categories are marbles, pendants and jars. Some prep is being allowed and the use of my paragon kiln will be available for use. Also I'm building and bringing a table for two to work off of at a time with ventilation for safety....small generator to keep the kiln hot and the ventilation running.
Please notify me by Oct. !st so I can schedule time slots for every one including a guest appearance or two...:o:

Galaxie Glass
09-21-2007, 12:37 PM
Come on Peeps the event is free to anyone who wants to jump in and dont forget that Bob Snodgrass is coming to do his thang as well///

VinE
09-23-2007, 06:03 PM
Im going to be doing a special workshop too!
http://www.thegldg.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14263

JFGlassworks
09-24-2007, 02:38 PM
I am going to be there. I want to do the pendant and jar category, but it sounds like you are thinking of a different category each day. I am only able to attend one day and that day will be whichever the pendant is on. Since the fair won't let dogs in, my wife and I can't camp out as we can't leave our dog in a kennel.

What all is being supplied? Should I bring my own torch?

If you have an idea of what day/category will be that would be helpful.

Galaxie Glass
09-24-2007, 06:40 PM
I'll take your name and put you down for each category. I am not sure on the schedule so if we can work it out we will.

You do need to bring your own torch, tools, and necessary prep for your event. I am supplying the workbench/ventilation, oxygen and propane. My paragon kiln will be available as well.

VinE
09-25-2007, 04:18 PM
Ill bring torches and tools for everyone that wants to work. Whats up with the liquid???? I got $$$ on it...
... if its an option.

Eric S
09-25-2007, 04:35 PM
i'll probablly come and would love to compete in say, jar and pendant.. how much prep is allowed? pulling tube cane, or spiral balls? anyways it sounds fun.

Galaxie Glass
09-27-2007, 09:29 PM
im open to general prep...Im allowig 1 hr. for torch time oer event. Im bringing 2-337 cu,ft. tanks and 2- propane as well. This should be plenty for everyone ?

Plus dont forget that Bob Snodgrass will be doing his demo on fuming as well. See you all there.

Peace, Roy.

Eric S
10-18-2007, 10:10 AM
what does general prep entail? just points and stringers or can i bring a pulled stack? spiraled balls? wheres the line? i wanna use some blow in sections but i dont know if i can pull one off with the pressure of an audience, i'd rather bring it already pulled into a tube.