PDA

View Full Version : Recreational activities for AGI 2008…

Mr. Wonka
09-19-2007, 05:56 PM
Hi everyone.

Our neighbors are very supportive of what we are doing here, and they have offered to open up their homes to all of you for some recreational activities.

Mike and Betty (who live across the street) will open their beautiful in-ground swimming pool to those of you who wish to cool off, so be sure to bring your bathing suits!.

Suzanne and Frank, who live above us on Branchton Road, have offered their billiard room to those of you who would like to have a few beers and play some pool. BTW- Suzanne makes some killer margaritas, and I’m sure the blender will be going at full speed!

Big Don, as always, will provide camping space, blacksmithing lessons, and shooting the big (and I mean BIG) guns for those of you who are into that stuff.

It’s so cool how much our neighbors love you guys and support what happens here. They are very proud that we bring people from across the United States, as well as other countries, to share this unique experience in such a small community.

We'll see you all next year!

Tom

krisdaka
09-19-2007, 06:47 PM
wow Tom,
That's so generous of your neighbors, You really do a very unique thing there, I'm really glad I was part of it.

J B
09-19-2007, 07:51 PM
Damn, this is "sweet" ! ! ! You have some GREAT neighbors !

Got to check out Big Don's Blacksmithing next year too ! ( Mixed Media ) Just need to bring a still with me ( a small one ) so his place looks like NC . "SMILE" Donna & I both fell in love with his place and have alott of pic's from there.

Magaritas = hell yes = no driving for me or Donna = no trees ??? Deer & Turkey were enough to watch out for !

Maybe we can book up the Comfort Inn like JP said --hint , hint . Just a thought, Donna & I could drive our big 88 Surban and haul several peeps to & from ? About 7 easy or more if we pack it ?

Tom , I know this is alott for you two already - if you could get me the info for comfort inn , I'll check on this for everyone . ( trying to talk Donna into camping = no running water , heat, air condition, comfy bed = too many outdoor fest & old tymers setting in for her anyway"smile")

Anyway Tell "ALL" your neighbors how much we thank them for letting this happen and offering so much to all of us and -- you two for making this happen ...! ! ! !
Peace & Smile,Smile,Smile = it drives people nuts Joe
PS Karen you ready for next year ?

Merlin
09-19-2007, 10:04 PM
sounds sweet! two kinds of pool

yinzer
09-20-2007, 07:28 AM
after talking it over, we too have decided to open our house to anyone who would like to babysit 2 kids and 2 dogs its a bit of a drive to pittsburgh from toms but if you really wanna babysit, we can work something out.:D

really though, its great that you have such rockin neighbors

TorchedGlass
09-21-2007, 09:23 AM
WOW a pool. That sounds like heaven when it is hot as hell out. thanks

Cosmo
09-21-2007, 09:46 AM
Oh yeah. AGI pool tournament anyone?

I guess I should go on the record now and admit that I played pool professionally for three years, though....

UmaJulz
09-23-2007, 03:39 PM
Wow, what great neighbors! pool and pool, what could be better? aah horses of course!

newmexicomagma
09-25-2007, 10:30 AM
oh it is on next year. is it cool if i bring some ladies. not cardboard ones this time. ill be there in my banana hammock: )

Mac Maestro
09-25-2007, 02:55 PM
^^^^^*shudder*

Wonka! Your candy is the BOMB, man!!
Snozzberry eating contest anyone??

Mr. Wonka
09-25-2007, 06:40 PM
Well, it just got even better. In addition to Mike and Betty’s in-ground pool, they are letting us use their private (air conditioned) bar. This place totally rocks with a pool table, jukebox, pinball machine, 2 slot machines, 3 tap keg system, sky lights, neon beer signs, and hang out areas (indoor and out). Their place is set up for entertainment just as good as we’re set up for glass, and we’re welcome to use it all!!!!!!

Instead of the ice machine we had planned on purchasing, we will be hiring a local company to drop off an outdoor freezer with almost 1500 lbs of bagged ice that will be free for the taking.

Joe- Yes, our neighbors are some of the coolest folks you’ll ever meet, but people are people. If our guests were assholes, the locals would be assholes too. BUT- you folks have showed so much respect for the community and the residents for the past 7 years of AGI, our neighbors see that and embrace this event. They enjoy your company, which is why they offered to be a part of it.

Julz- We have a really cool neighbor down the road with some horses, and I’m sure she’ll let you take one for a ride.

Yinzer… nice try!

Cosmo- you should have kept your mouth shut and pretended your winnings were “beginner’s luck”. Pool is my favorite game, and I’d love to play you… although I really suck at it.

Brian- No bananna hammocks are allowed… those things are gross and look like your smuggling plums.

Maestro- we’ll try to have the snozberry lickable wallpaper up in time for next year, although you might want to stay away from the Michigan Building on that one. You should see the wallpaper they put up for the week… you won’t want to lick it!

Elaine and I are sooooo stoked for 2008… it will be completely off the chart!

Tom and Elaine
(724) 791-2100
info@glass123.com

P.S. - Hey- If anyone wants to stay at a KICK ASS hotel, check out The Fairfield Inn (http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/pitbt-fairfield-inn-and-suites-butler)in Butler. They have a multi room “Presidential Suite” (with a hot tub) that goes for $189.00 (?) per night, and Jacuzzi rooms that go for less. Before you book any rooms or suites, please drop me a line first- I can speak with the Butler Tourism Bureau (we’re members), and get a discount on a block of rooms if enough people are interested. We were even offered a FREE shuttle to and from the hotel to our facility if we have enough guests that are staying there.

themoch
09-26-2007, 08:48 AM
WOW!

I mean seriously, people opening their homes to the like of us? that's a scary thought :-P

Tom,

It is really amazing the kind of "pull" you have there in that town. I think it was Doug and I who were talking about how much money that one week must dump into the community. I know i dropped at least a few Benjamins.

Anyhow, Can't wait till next year!

Cosmo
09-26-2007, 11:29 AM
Cosmo- you should have kept your mouth shut and pretended your winnings were “beginner’s luck”. Pool is my favorite game, and I’d love to play you… although I really suck at it.

Yeah. Probably...

Tell you what. I'll play left handed...

Should I mention I'm naturally left handed?

newmexicomagma
09-26-2007, 11:34 AM
alright alright, no banana hammock. but everything sounds great tom. i will be there for sure next year. and would like to stay at the nice? hotel. i mean i know the emlenton is 4 starts but 5 would be nice. the emlonton has perfect replicas of red mold painted on the ceilings of the bathroom, whoever did it did a great job. next year its going to be a blast.

yinzer
09-27-2007, 10:11 AM
WOW!

I mean seriously, people opening their homes to the like of us? that's a scary thought :-P

Tom,

It is really amazing the kind of "pull" you have there in that town. I think it was Doug and I who were talking about how much money that one week must dump into the community. I know i dropped at least a few Benjamins.

Anyhow, Can't wait till next year!

lol. u have know idea. just get lost anywhere within 15 minutes of their place and stop and ask any random joe for directions. even if you ask for "tom & elaine's" you get perfectly pinpointed directions right down to where to park and how far your car will be from the restroom

loydb
09-27-2007, 01:48 PM
Considering I spent maybe 6 hours/day at the hotel max, I think the emlenton is fine :)

JANKYglass
09-29-2007, 07:07 PM
i will be hosting playtime with puffdanny in my van nightly

$$$$$$$
09-30-2007, 07:32 PM
Awesome pool.. i'm in.. not for puffdanys ... definatly not

J B
10-01-2007, 03:09 PM
A new one to think about ________ Ladies of AGI calander ? Or glass made there, that week ? Just a thought ?
For sure not Puff's

bc
10-09-2007, 12:25 PM
I can only imagine that poor pool filter when the week ends, better tell them to beef it up, for most folks, that'll be there shower, haha j/k. Your neighbors have been very nice to folks even way back when I went.

Orrza
11-01-2007, 03:24 AM
Wow... Tom, I guess I better start preparing myself for next year :).
It all sounds so good!!

I was such an astronout, I never really understood big Don was letting people use his canon :) and I never really took the time to scout the area... I guess there's a lot more for me to see.

Like Loyd, I think that for a bed and a shower, I could still use the services of the Emlenton place.

Brian,
I am auditioning tiny handed israelies for you here, when will you be coming?
(Or would you like me to bring them next year? :LOL:)

newmexicomagma
11-01-2007, 08:30 PM
oh bring them for sure. im sure youll be able to get childrens airfare for them. and i only want the best of the best. but if you find some really good ones i might have to take a vacation. thanks orrza.

ABE LINKIN
05-12-2008, 07:52 PM
still no takers on neighbors willing to rent their house for the week as a crash pad??? i would think that for the right money someone would host us in walking distance if they want to babysit us or just get paid to go on vacation that week. lots of money going to hotels.......thought jc waz on it. 10 of us at 200$ each would sure rent my house for a week if the event was in ky

UmaJulz
05-16-2008, 08:21 PM
hey a shuttle service sounds perfect for the likes of us.

I think I am going to stick with my equine travel palace... and I'm going to make it without my walker, even though it is a handy seat at parties.

themoch
05-16-2008, 10:07 PM
julz....

the only seat you need is the "hot seat"...

:P