PDA

View Full Version : Don't go looking for chinex, they are looking for us

Mike_Aurelius
08-26-2005, 05:22 AM
Just received this e-mail this morning:

Dear sir,

Glad to know you from Internet.

We are one of leading manufacturer and exporters of borosilicate glass colored tube and rod in China.

GT(China) Glass Co., Ltd ,founded in 1998 is the main manufacturer and exporter of borosilicate glass tubing&rod,color tube and rod for decorative and other kinds of glass products that made in China. Our products are manufactured strictly according to international standards and sold well in India, Pakistan , russia, UK,canada, czech and some other countries.

We would like to build business relationship with you,please let me know if you are interested in import of borosilicate glass tube from us.

Please let me know if you have any question

sylvia

Export department

JINAN GT GLASS CO.,LTD

TEL:0086-13153169966

FAX:0086-531-2908880

EMAIL:gtindustrial@163.com

Stagger Lee
08-26-2005, 06:04 AM
Soooo.......... If I use Chinex does it make my stuff an "Import".... haha

jiminyrootkit
08-26-2005, 06:23 AM
no more than using glass from the Czech Republic, i would say.....or mexico.
america doesn't MAKE jack shit anymore......it was too cheap to have it done elsewhere.....and as we all know....the only thing that matters is the bottom line, right?
-f

smutboy420
08-26-2005, 06:47 AM
No its quality that should be the bottom line.
whats wrong with czech glass? or german glass?
nothing wrong with an import when its higher quality then domestic.
but if i where going to resort to using chinex I would just start using pyrex again.
it can't be much worse then the chinex.
if you want top quality glass you have no choice but german or czeck glass.
who invented boro glass. it wasnent corning thats for sure. Schott thats who.
but i can about the quality of the products i use thats why I haven't used a stick of pyrex in my shop in over 5 years now. same resone i don't use chinex cause its all crap. and if you price it and do the math its not that much cheaper just less glass per case, but by the pound its just as expensive as good glass is.
oh whats the dirfence between american pyrex and chinex???? nothing cause there is no difrence cause its all made in china now to.

Mike_Aurelius
08-26-2005, 06:50 AM

LOL - it doesn't matter where you buy your raw materials from, if it is made here in the US it is still "Made in the USA"... look at all the imported moretti/effetre glass that Frantz (and others) bring in every month.

What matters to me is the quality of the raw materials. If the raw materials are no good, the finished product won't be any better.

Dale M.
08-26-2005, 08:47 AM
Its just another junk email looking to snag business....

I get them from various groups all the time....... It s just the way of our international economy of the "new world"... Learn to live with it, it's here, it's a fact....

Dale

diglassworks
08-27-2005, 03:37 PM
I don't think chinex is that bad. I use it pretty often. I hear of lots of people having problems with it, but it works great for me and I spend $100 for a 50 lb case of glass. I'd rather use eigenschaft but chinex is over 60% less pricewise and to me the quality is only 10% less.