PDA

View Full Version : Curious about groups??

jethro
10-29-2007, 04:12 AM
So I was looking at my user CP and I clicked on the groups thing and it says I have 1 group available to join.

Does this mean I was invited to join?...or?

Just havent seen anything else about groups and a quick search yeilded nothing.I'm curious as to how this part of the site works.

Maybe its top secret info and I'm just not one of the cool kids?

Udai Hussien
10-29-2007, 05:13 AM
no means you are parinoid, and they are all out to get yuo

mer
10-29-2007, 09:36 AM
it's a forum for beadmakers.

phab
10-29-2007, 09:38 AM
...wow i just looked in my cp group section and it says i can be asked to be approved for plastic free if i want to join the group. never knew that was there.

Conchis
10-29-2007, 10:22 AM
I would join the plastic free group, but the plastic has got me...

phab
10-29-2007, 10:57 AM
....does that mean you like sonny and cher? cause they were plastic.

Conchis
10-29-2007, 11:01 AM
it means that the visa and the mastercard got a hold on me.....

β
10-29-2007, 12:13 PM
this one time at bead camp........

jethro
10-30-2007, 03:19 AM
no means you are parinoid, and they are all out to get yuo

I am paranoid and they are all out to get me....but thats beside the point.

And thanks...so there is only 1 group here?

It was the fact that I could only find 1 and nothing else about em that confused me.

Greymatter Glass
10-30-2007, 09:24 AM
yeah... it's just a thing Misha set up for the bead mafia.They're afraid of us, so they have their own little back room where they just talk about vaginas and trade cake recipes.

Mostly.

they wont let me in. The only other room I know about that we can't see is the mod room where the mods decide mod stuff. And talk about vaginas and trade cake recipes.

-Doug

yinzer
10-30-2007, 10:05 AM
vaginas and cake recipes??? i had no idea!! im in!!

yinzer
10-30-2007, 10:09 AM
wait..you have to be approved.....do they test your vagina knowledge or something?i might not pass. im good on the cake recipe part, but a person can only take in so much vagina knowledge

jethro
10-30-2007, 10:10 AM
vaginas and cake recipes??? i had no idea!! im in!!

I was thinkin the same thing...but if Doug isn't invited I doubt that I am.

And I cant make a bead for my life so I'm really out I guess.:tantrum:

Brian Newman
10-30-2007, 01:14 PM
It's gotta be vaginas and cakes. Technically, glass is in the plastic state.

somberbear
10-30-2007, 03:17 PM
..... yea only group if you guys want more groups just say the word and we will look into it........ im sure.....

peace
rob

susheke
10-30-2007, 05:56 PM
Will it be a guy room about penises and beer recipes? :D

jethro
10-31-2007, 03:25 AM
Penises and Beer sounds scary to me....But I dont drink.Maybe drunken guys like to talk about penises with other guys??:twitch:

How about a noob group so we can ask each other all the stupid repetitive questions everyone is tired of hearing.

And some regional groups so we can get to know better who is around our areas.

Possibly try to make them self moderating or have a few group members help out and act as mods to keep any extra load off of the regular mods?

I would help out as much as I could...but then again nobody here really knows me from Adam.

Just ideas.I dont know how much trouble it would be really,this is the only forum I have ever even attempted to be an active member in so I'm clueless about the behind the scenes work.

somberbear
10-31-2007, 07:35 AM
If your tired of answering questions Wiki it...... and then instead of a response point to the wiki page....

i tried building an FAQ for you guys.... but that isnt fair.... it doesnt change you couldnt edit it easy so thus we got a wiki..... Please guys....

But reginal groups i like , i dont know what we will do about groups yet..... a newbie group is a little hard to manage any way....

Peace
rob

susheke
10-31-2007, 10:50 AM
The problem with a newbie group is you would have to keep making another one. Newbies get better and don't want to answer the questions they were asking a couple years before. It's a vicious cycle. :D

jethro
10-31-2007, 04:59 PM
I'm not tired of answering questions.I'm just getting started.But I know a lot of you are.

And as for the noobs getting better and moving on...well then they can move on from the group and be replaced by new people.

I know for me at least it is a bit intimidating here at times with all of the talent and some of the ego's that come along with that level of work.And I seem to get the most help from people with just a few years or less experience.Yourself included Rob. You have helped me tons wether you realize it or not.

Like I said just ideas didnt really expect anything to come from it just throwing something out there

Galaxie Glass
10-31-2007, 07:26 PM
I'm not tired of answering questions.I'm just getting started.But I know a lot of you are.

And as for the noobs getting better and moving on...well then they can move on from the group and be replaced by new people.

I know for me at least it is a bit intimidating here at times with all of the talent and some of the ego's that come along with that level of work.And I seem to get the most help from people with just a few years or less experience.Yourself included Rob. You have helped me tons wether you realize it or not.

Like I said just ideas didnt really expect anything to come from it just throwing something out there

Ive been here awile and most of us are willilg to help. Thats why I promote this site over any other. I too would like to see a "local" group added though. Knowing help / lessons are just around the corner. Roy

jethro
11-01-2007, 03:03 AM
Just to make sure I am not misunderstood. There are many people here willing to help both old timers and new or this place would cease to exist.

However its all about where you are at and what you are thinking about.

It is a lot fresher in a newer persons mind the troubles of basic shaping,holes,problems with melting in etc... so that is mostly why they are more helpful to me at this point.

And yes regional/local groups would be Awesome I would love to have an easier way to get a feel for and get to know the artists in my area.

I really thought more people would have jumped in with other ideas for groups that they would like to see by now??

yinzer
11-01-2007, 09:38 PM
I really thought more people would have jumped in with other ideas for groups that they would like to see by now??

:cake:

AlivELampworK
11-05-2007, 08:53 AM
yeah... it's just a thing Misha set up for the bead mafia.They're afraid of us, so they have their own little back room where they just talk about vaginas and trade cake recipes.

Mostly.

they wont let me in. The only other room I know about that we can't see is the mod room where the mods decide mod stuff. And talk about vaginas and trade cake recipes.

-Doug

doug this made me laugh. but i'm not scared of you guys. haha.

menty666
11-07-2007, 12:04 PM
Maybe rather than groups, just regional threads in the People Connection room?

Ruskin Designs
11-07-2007, 01:55 PM
Maybe rather than groups, just regional threads in the People Connection room?
That sounds like a great idea. I would like to know who all is in North Carolina, specifically the coast.

Ruskin Designs
11-07-2007, 01:56 PM
Don't be fooled by the vaginas and cupcakes - we also talk about penises - no discrimination there.

Mac Maestro
11-07-2007, 10:28 PM
:cake:

I guess there was no vagina gif. Maybe we should work on that...

jcherrellglass
11-07-2007, 11:00 PM
no penis gif either...

yinzer
11-08-2007, 08:18 AM
I guess there was no vagina gif. Maybe we should work on that...

lol...i like cake better anyways. but this is close enough (in meaning)
:eatme: