PDA

View Full Version : Titanium pen?

Anakin's Glass Eye
08-30-2005, 11:27 PM
Hey there marble makers.

I finally made a few marbles worth signing. I have hessitated until now cause I was not sure my mibs were 1st quality yet. Now I'm pretty sure.

Has anyone used a "Titanium Pen" ? I think I saw one on eBay. It said it writes on glass but does not scratch the glass. So, is it laying down ink laced with titanium bits? How does this work? Any experience?

Thanks everybody.

medicatedMELTDOWN
08-31-2005, 01:03 AM
your gonna want one of these http://www.aspenglass.com/

Stagger Lee
08-31-2005, 03:38 AM
I'm gonna have to buy one just to see how good it works. I still can't believe it doesn't scratch the glass or rub off. It sounds to good to be true.

Anakin's Glass Eye
08-31-2005, 01:41 PM
That's the one! Thanks. I'll be ordering mine today.

FredLight
08-31-2005, 02:01 PM
I was washing a glass piece, by hand, with soap and water, when I realized that my titanium band was marking it all up. Oops, oh well.
So now I just sign pieces with my ring.

J Howard
08-31-2005, 02:01 PM
i have one. it works pretty well...definitely doesn't come off. it's hard to read, but sometimes that's the point with marbles... inconspicuity. it doesnt replace the dremel, but it's nice to have around

rustyglass
08-31-2005, 02:11 PM
I just got the hand held attatchment for my dremmel, it works much better than holding an awkward dremmel and worrying about cutting my fingers off. Never used a titanium pen tho.

Bonz manifest
08-31-2005, 04:07 PM
Hey there marble makers.

I finally made a few marbles worth signing. I have hessitated until now cause I was not sure my mibs were 1st quality yet. Now I'm pretty sure.

Has anyone used a "Titanium Pen" ? I think I saw one on eBay. It said it writes on glass it laying down ink laced with titanium bits? How does this work? Any experience?

Thanks everybody. :rollin GUYS.....listen, i have a ti. pen........theres NO inc laced w/ ti bits...... Look at the picture... TITANIUM tip...its hard METAL!!!!!! it scratches the glass. I dont care what scientific mumbo jumbo they call it, but you're pushing down hard on the glass and ETCHING your sig. with it . i think some may be confused about it,thats all. good luck. peace -Bonz