PDA

View Full Version : Raffle 100% goes to our members touched by Katrina

PyroChixRock
09-08-2005, 11:03 AM
We have our first raffle! 100% of this will go to members of our own community whose lives have been thrown upside down by Katrina. They need the help, so please thrown in anything you can! :)

Up for grabs are four brilliant marbles, donated by: Kenan Tiemeyer, Erik Anders, Nate Meyers, Adam Grafius, Chris Carlson and Jason aka JC from Ithica. (If I spelled any names wrong let me know!) Thank you guys for your wonderful donations!

Anyone can enter this raffle. For each $10 you donate your name will go into the hat one time, so if you donate $100 you have 10 chances to win! We can accept donations via pay pal eugenerain@gmail.com please make sure to state in the subject line that it is for the marble raffle entry. Or you can PM me for my mailing address and send check, cash, or money order.

The winners name will be picked from a hat by my wonderful 4 year old daughter on Sat the 17th, so you have plenty of time to mail entries. If people feel stressed about that date being to close we can extend it.

This first marble is by Chris Carlson. It is 1.6 inches in diameter, signed and dated by the artist.

http://photos.imageevent.com/pyrochixrock/glass/katrinadonations/websize/chris.jpg

This next beauty is a collab between Adam Grafius and Nate Meyers. The Intergalactic Pogo Stick measures in at 2 inches, and is signed and dated by the artists. The amazing thing about this marble is that it's traveled back in time from the future year of 2009!!

http://photos.imageevent.com/pyrochixrock/glass/katrinadonations/websize/pogo.jpg

This stunning piece is by JC. It’s double sided and measures in at 1.5 inches. JC etches his own dichro so you won’t find this pattern anywhere else. There are 7 opals in this piece. It is signed and dated by the artist.

http://photos.imageevent.com/pyrochixrock/glass/katrinadonations/websize/jc3.jpg

This piece is a collab between Kenan Tiemeyer and Erik Anders. Double sided, one side is an intense honeycomb and the other is an energy spiral. The equator finishes it off nicely with gorgeous fume. It is 1.6 inches and signed and dated by the artists.

http://photos.imageevent.com/pyrochixrock/glass/katrinadonations/websize/kenan%20erik.jpg

rattshak
09-08-2005, 12:40 PM
That's some beautiful work! They will certainly fetch some nice cash for those in need!

PyroChixRock
09-09-2005, 11:13 AM
There are only 6 entries to this raffle so far, so still extremely good chances of winning! Who else wants in!!

PyroChixRock
09-09-2005, 08:08 PM
bump! :D

PyroChixRock
09-10-2005, 02:45 PM
We now have 12 people entered into the boro color raffle, some multiple times. We also have 9 people entered into the marble raffle, some multiple times. Who else wants in! There is plenty of time to mail entries still, don't be shy! :D

UnkelE
09-11-2005, 04:50 AM
is that all????? come on ya'll, step up.......

awesome glass art......hurricane relief effort.........a winning combo!

oops..this is gypsea, posted under eddie's log in by mistake........

PyroChixRock
09-11-2005, 12:24 PM
We now have 19 people entered into the boro color raffle, some multiple times. We also have 16 people entered into the marble raffle, some multiple times.

I’ll be sending what we’ve earned so far to 3 of our boys on Monday, and I can tell you from what I heard in their voices when I told them that they are extremely thankful. So this “thanks” is coming from them, through me. :D

PyroChixRock
09-11-2005, 12:55 PM
If you want to enter both raffles, PLEASE only send one pay pal payment, they charge so much in fees! It will keep the fees down. Just state how many times you want to enter each raffle, thanks!

KT-Old School Glass
09-12-2005, 05:24 AM
Hey Misha,
I'd like to donate a $150 gift certificate for this raffle. Email me and we will get this going.

PyroChixRock
09-12-2005, 10:15 AM
I'll email you, thanks K!

PyroChixRock
09-12-2005, 11:11 AM
We now have 22 people entered into the boro color raffle, some multiple times. We also have 19 people entered into the marble raffle, some multiple times.

I’ll update again later tonight after I send your donations out to the boys.

PyroChixRock
09-12-2005, 04:03 PM
So today went well. We’re up to 22 people entered into the boro color raffle, some multiple times, and 21 people entered into the marble raffle, some multiple times. You still have plenty of time to enter; the drawing is not until this Saturday!

I’m going to tell you a little about 4 of the victims we’re working directly with this week since I’m sure you’re all curious to know where your money is going. ;)

One of them lost his house/studio, he and his wife both lost their jobs, but luckily he still has his torch and kiln. He did need some glass to get working which Precision Color and Technolux have graciously donated color and clear directly to him. Fema helped him out a little since it was confirmed that his house was gone, and we were able to send him a $300 money order today generated from the raffles.

3 of them are not sure about their houses, but they are reported to be standing and hopefully not under water. Because of this, Fema won’t help them. Again, Precision Color and Technolux have generously donated them supplies to those that needed it get them up and running, but one of them is a glassblower (offhand, softglass, hot shop) not a flameworker so it’s been a little harder for me to find ways help him being that I’m a flameworker.

They have each given me a very modest list of what they needed to get up and going, and we were able to fill each list except the offhand blower. He needs a pair of diamond shears, if anyone can help with that. The rest he’s been able to borrow or come up with on his own. It is an important tool to offhand blowers, especially when you get used to having them, you really need them! So we’re going to do what we can to come up with that for him.

We were also able to send each one of them a $300 money order today generated from the raffles so far, give yourselves a pat on the back! :D :D Hopefully we’ll be able to raise another good chunk to send each one of them, but I wanted to get them something immediately since they all are in need of immediate assistance.

All four of these victims are staying with friends or relatives and are safe. The 3 that supposedly do still have houses will not be allowed to return for 1-3 months! That’s such a long time to be in limbo and without their own space to work in, I think I’d go insane! But they are handling it like champs, I’m very proud of each of them.

They want me to let each of you know how extremely thankful they are to be a part of such a great community whose not afraid to stand up and help each other when needed. Thank you, from each of them.

We will continue to do what we can to help these 4, and the rest of the glass artists we know of that have been affected by Katrina. I’m still waiting to hear from 5 of them I’ve been trying to contact but they haven’t shown up anywhere yet! If anyone knows of someone in our community that needs help please let them know that they can contact me. They do have to verify their situation with me of course, but once that’s taken care of we will do everything we can to help.

So who else is in for the raffles!! Can’t beat the prizes!! :D 5 more days to enter!!

PyroChixRock
09-12-2005, 09:52 PM
Great news! Jim Moore came back into town today and returned my call. He's going to donate the diamond shears to the offhand blower and also send us a care package of tools to raffle/auction off! What a wonderful man! Thanks Jim Moore!

If you guys haven’t seen his tools before you must check them out! Best quality glass shears money can buy! Here’s a link to his site. http://www.toolsforglass.com/

PyroChixRock
09-14-2005, 02:35 PM
We now have 27 people entered into the Precision Color 50lb raffle, some multiple times!

We now have 32 people entered into the Marble raffle, some multiple times!

We now have 26 people entered into the mixed color lot raffle, some multiple times!

We have raised $1870 so far! (This is a total earned, not minus fees or costs (shipping and such) so the net will be a little lower.) We have also rounded up thousands in donations from glass suppliers, sent directly to the affected people so I won’t be able to get a clear count on that, but it’s a lot! A special thanks to Precision Color, Technolux, and Aura Lens for your donations! It’s nice to know we’re working with companies who actually DO care about us as individuals, not just as customers. You guys are awesome!!

We’re doing very well helping out; I thank each one of you again for your donations and support of these people, and I’m glad we stepped up to do this for them because a lot of them are being flat turned away by the other organizations because they don’t have the proper paper work to get loans! Unreal…

There are still 2 ½ more days to enter the mixed lot color raffle and the wicked marble raffle! Jump in there if you can, every dollar is going to good use!

There are still 7 days to enter the PC 50lb color raffle, plenty of time and still a fabulous chance of winning with 27 people entered!

If anyone would like to donate glass to raise money let me know. We also need the following items donated still. If you have something on this list to give, please email/pm me for the address of the person to send it directly to.

Thanks again to all of you, from the people we’re helping out. :D

Marble mold 1.5-2
Disc mashers
Torch
Kiln
Tweezers
Reamers
Graphite
iso claw grabbers
any other hand tools

Two of them need clothes also. Here are their sizes.

xl shirts
36x32 pants
10.5 shoes

med t shirts
pants 32x30
(i didn't ask him for his shoe size! :( (I'll get it later)

PyroChixRock
09-15-2005, 07:47 PM
We now have 38 people entered into the Precision Color 50lb raffle, some multiple times!

We now have 35 people entered into the Marble raffle, some multiple times!

We now have 33 people entered into the mixed color lot raffle, some multiple times!

Tomorrow is the last day to enter the marble raffle and the mixed lot raffle! Those of you who mailed entries, if they don't get here in time I'll let you know and we'll go from there, but hopefully they'll all show up in time! :)