PDA

View Full Version : AGI Campers!

Greymatter Glass
08-01-2008, 09:22 PM
Who else is camping? I'm bringing my tent, what's the camping scene?

Besides the tent I'm bringing a 10x10 canopy, some camping furniture, and a big deep cycle battery for some power in the tent. So what else would you suggest I bring that's camping specific?

Also, I'd be plenty willing to bring a few tarps and various ropes / hanging equipment if anyone else wants to set up a nice camp site lounge with some tables, a small bar, etc. We can run a coffee maker or blender off the battery. I can't bring everything, but if we could get a few (2-3 more) people to bring poles, flooring, etc we could build a sick tent house.

-Doug

Islandglass Man
08-02-2008, 03:19 AM
there will be a coffee urn going most of the time at the grill. if people who are driving would bring a pound of coffee that would make it easier to keep the caffeine going.

Bear

somberbear
08-02-2008, 04:20 AM
ummmm bear im bringing coffe agian lesss coffee this year unlesss you dont like my joe.

Islandglass Man
08-02-2008, 07:19 AM
Of-course I dig your brew just hate to run out in the morning.

I always bring extra goodies keeps things interesting.

Bear

somberbear
08-02-2008, 10:30 AM
i ordered 10 pounds 2 blends this year should be suffecent for the big pot ... but there will be others im sure..... if its there in the morning ill make it.... or youll make it ... it will get made atleast... i think you should make one of those crazy contraptions of yours for perking coffee.... im sure you could figure out something...

peace
rob

Im bring 5 gallon buckets with lidsd and maybe a couple heavy duty contaners and some ratchet strapping...i dont know where i am going to set up maybe i hope near jamie this year

Mike Glass
08-02-2008, 10:54 AM
I'll be camping.
I'm bring my 10 x 10 easy-up and sleeping in the car.

We should make a list of who's bring what and set-up a nice hang out area.

Mike
PS I'll be bring my Tiki lites:D

lava flow
08-02-2008, 11:33 AM
I'm camping- probably packing light as I am flying- probably won't contribute much in the way of camping materials, but I'm down to help build!

UmaJulz
08-02-2008, 06:44 PM
You're not bringing your air conditioned RV this year? Why not?

I'm bringing a big horse trailer with a bunk up front, and putting a queen sized bed in the back. I'll throw in a sheet of plywood for a floor outside the door, but I don't have an awning. It does have lots of windows with screens, and lights inside, in case the skeeters are a problem.

doug, if you are bringing a deep cycle battery, do you have a converter to get 120 out of it? I have one that my DH uses to run a laptop or two in the car (yes, he's that bad), and the truck has two big assed batteries. What else could I bring, besides the ultimate golf cart. (I hope it fits, I hope it fits...). I have a good espresso machine that comes in handy, or a camp stove so we can have Turkish coffee.

Mr. Wonka
08-02-2008, 06:58 PM
Julz- if you’re bringing your horse trailer this year, you (and whoever you’re camping with) will have your own private campground. Please call me right away and let me know your status so we can order an extra port-o-john for that area.

*You won’t be able to park at Big Don’s due to the narrow / winding driveway.

Tom
(724) 791-2100

themoch
08-04-2008, 07:47 AM
Doug,

i'm camping, it's still up in the air if i'm bringing my 10x8 mega tent, or a small 3 person. i'll have tarp and stuff... i like the mini village idea. last year it just seemed like people were there, and that nobody talked to each other until we made it down the road.

Tom doesn't know it yet but i'll probably be rolling in saturday night... when you showing up?

Greymatter Glass
08-04-2008, 09:15 AM
If you bring your big tent then the main thing we'll need is furniture. Inflatables, folding, buckets, benches, tables, etc.

I'll have a table or two, and an extra chair, but I can't travel TOO heavy and keep my mileage up.

...also, if anyone else wants to bring an extra deep cycle battery, we can get more lights and goodies running. I'll charge them as needed off my truck, or bring them to Toms and steal some of his wall power.

-Doug

-Doug

Mike Glass
08-04-2008, 12:08 PM
I'll bring my tables and some extra chairs.
I spoke to Tom about power a few weeks ago. He said I could get a cord run for some lights and a radio, plus I have a power converter in my car.

I'll be up on saturday as well.

UmaJulz
08-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Private campground? you mean isolation? Do I snore that bad?

Tom, I'll have a mini portapotty in my trailer. Don't worry about ordering a special one for me and my abode, okay?

Mr. Wonka
08-04-2008, 05:31 PM
Julz-

Actually, you do snore too loud so isolation would be best so you don’t disturb other campers. Also, I was being nice about the “port-o-john” thing… it’s actually a 5 gallon bucket with a couple of boards on it for a seat. Hey, I do have a heart though… the boards are sanded smooth so you don’t have to worry about splinters!

J/K- actually, your trailer won’t fit at Big Don’s (or be able to turn around), so we have another lot we can put you in. It’s probably a half an acre surrounded by woods, which will be all yours or anyone else that wants to park or camp there.

Tom

JANKYglass
08-04-2008, 07:57 PM
i couldnt get my van up to big dons last time and got stuck trying to turn around,so 'll probably stay at the private camp.and i do snore that loud.last time i just slept in the corner of the parking lot.

UmaJulz
08-05-2008, 09:49 AM
But Tom, does the bucket have a liner? It makes it so much easier to empty- just sling it into the dumpster. hahaha.

Maybe the private campground will be where the real party ends up. :D