PDA

View Full Version : We’re just about ready for you!

Mr. Wonka
08-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Every day we’re picking away at our “to-do” list, and we’re just about finished. Today I ordered an ice machine filled with almost 900 pounds of ice, and 2 days ago my contractor had the yard torn up… now we have running water at the Robert Mickelsen Bar and Grill. Kevin (chef) will be here a few days early to tile the bar top, and there is a tap that will be dispensing ice water so we don’t have to contend with tons of plastic water bottles.

The name tags are printed, the program is just about finished, and I hope all of you like the changes we’ve done since last year. For all of you that will be here for the first time I hope that you enjoy the unique event and environment that we have created over the years :)

We’ll see you in <less than> 2 weeks!!!!

Much love,
Tom and Elaine Doner (a.k.a., Mr. and Mrs. Wonka)

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

P.S.- I think we have a ticket or two left if there are any last minute people that would like to sign up.

somberbear
08-07-2008, 12:46 AM
you have this much time (check sig)

krisdaka
08-07-2008, 04:57 AM
I'm so jealous of all the fun that is going to be happening in 11 days! I wish I could go, but real life has reared it's ugly head, and I have to stay home this year. boo-hoo for me!

UmaJulz
08-07-2008, 11:46 AM
All the changes that you have been making Tom sound totally awesome. It is truly a labor of love, isn't it? Just hope that you know how much we all appreciate everything that you do.

Keeping my head up, hoping for the best. Really hope I make it!

Mr. Wonka
08-07-2008, 07:06 PM
Thank you so much Julz, I really appreciate the kind words... It truly is a labor of love. Since we started this event, I get phone calls and e-mails from people who tell me how much fun they had, and how much it has changed thier lives / careers / techniques / etc.

As I tell people all the time: we only provide the space... all of you provide the energy and positive vibes.

Somberbear- Thanks for the ticker / update on the time... it keeps me focused on how much I have to do in so little time! BTW- Please... no "clear tribute" this year (you know what I mean).

Tom

Hefe
08-07-2008, 10:37 PM
sounds like some extreme makover going on there wonka! i missed you guys for a few years, but hopefully i can get in on the fun next year again. You are doing something awesome here, tom!

boxfan willy
08-08-2008, 05:05 AM
Ice water, out of a tap. HERESY!!!!

Looking forward to seeing ya'll. Got out room, got the flight, we are ready to go.

Thanks Tom and Elaine

boxfan