PDA

View Full Version : rain

AlaskaBarb
10-03-2005, 07:22 PM
A new necklace, really simple -- just mossy branches and raindrops. soda-lime glass.

Other working titles --- could have called it, uh, Ketchikan, or ..... Eugene Rain!!!!

PyroChixRock
10-03-2005, 07:33 PM
I didn't think you could have topped the last one, but there you go again!! Amazing!! I really like how different it is, I've never seen anything like it, well except the mold on the trees with dew on them! ;) Great job!

Racer X
10-03-2005, 09:43 PM
You have deciduous trees in Alaska?

Do you have a site so I can at least point this out to some friends?

I like the presentation alot. Branding it is a no-brainer move... something I never do because as I have been told I am "domesticaly retarded" due to not doing my job fully... etc.

But great job. I like what you're doing and Milissa just peeped it to and liked it as well. Two thumbs up from Aliquippa.

PyroChixRock
10-03-2005, 09:46 PM
Hmm I didn't think about that rex, this section is log in only. I could change it to public viewable so you can link it. *changes* Sorry about that.

wifebeader
10-03-2005, 10:36 PM
Hi Barb!
wow...your artwork is amazing! I so want to touch those raindrops ;)

AlaskaBarb
10-03-2005, 11:46 PM
Thanks. I do have a gallery on glassartists.org, which I think anyone can view (?)

Barbara A. Caraway's gallery (http://glassartists.org/Gal7193_Barbara_A._Caraways_Gallery.asp)
Barb

Jupiter
10-04-2005, 01:41 AM
really cool! looks like a temperate rainforest tree limb, reminds me of home in washington. great job. Aloha Jup

Tzonis
10-04-2005, 06:23 AM
Great stuff...... Thoroughly incredible... -TZ

PS: racer X is a dirty hippy but knows what he is talking about when it comes to glass art.

gypsea
10-04-2005, 07:02 AM
that is so absolutelty awesome.....thanks for letting us see!

p.s racer x IS totally off the wall, but he is most articulately interesting, and a compliment from him on your glass means something.

Glass Line
10-04-2005, 10:22 AM
Hi Barbara,

Yes, definitely some nice work.

magism
10-05-2005, 06:55 AM
That is kick ass! thanks for posting ....

AlaskaBarb
10-05-2005, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the feedback! The hardest part was trying to get all the water to drip in the right direction. You have to remember where each bead is going to be in relation to the rest of the necklace, so when it's strung the water goes, um -- down. Also important is weighting the bead at the bottom to make sure it stays in that postion once it's struing -- pretty easy with a raindrop, but hard when doing snowy branches, where the bulk (snow) is at the top.

CosmicGlassInc
10-07-2005, 11:25 PM
That is cool, hope to see you in Feb or sooner.

fumalicious
10-12-2005, 10:40 PM
WOW that is awesome Barbara!!! I've been seeing you here and there with your amazing work... so refreshing to see! Share more :)