PDA

View Full Version : First !

Meerkat
10-01-2008, 09:11 PM
Well Tom tells me that I am the first person to sign up for AGI !!!

Also I am attending thanks to the anonymous person putting up the international scholarship, thank you for selecting me. I'll be sending you a full thank you note soon.

Dondi

jr23
10-01-2008, 09:22 PM
You are probably stoked as hell you will be a traveling madman next august if memory serves me correct you will be bouncing around the states toward the end of summer 09. It should be a memorable year for you and the Wife.

Swampy
10-01-2008, 09:23 PM
Good luck mate, well deserved.

Meerkat
10-02-2008, 12:40 AM
It's going to be insane is what it is.... I got burning man like 2 days after AGI ends, plus I need to visit my parents in missouri, and while I am over there I cant pass up going going to California, Oregon and Vancouer. Plus like a week after the burn Aussie is putting on the glass festival he runs here in Australia, which i have been invited too, it's going to be insane doing all that traveling, not to mention very expensive, gottta start saving now, so this scholarship will really come in handy.

krisdaka
10-02-2008, 03:32 AM
Congrats to you Mer....You will have such a great time!!!!!

Donovan
10-02-2008, 03:54 AM
That's gotta make your day having the sponser and the long vacation....Sounds like you are going to have a very busy one...

jr23
10-02-2008, 05:25 AM
Mer I live in southern IL and will have my new studio bye then. When you are in Misery if you need a glass fix before or after agi stop bye. I live in a really laid bake artist community with shops on a boardwalk and living quarters above. We don't mind peeps doing pit stops or extended stay's whatever floats your boat.

Mr. Wonka
10-02-2008, 04:38 PM
Congrats Meerkat, you deserve it. I have a friend that has been lurking the GLDG as far back as when Kristian had it. He really doesn’t post, but he likes this community and offered the International scholarship last year.

This year, he chose to select someone from the forum as the winner, and Dondi got the vote for always being entertaining as well as a friend to all.

He will be doing (2) scholarships… an international and a domestic… for our 10th anniversary in 2010, and will be choosing people from the forum since this is where AGI started, and so many of us are extended family. There won’t be any applications… he’s just going to pick people that he would like to see attend.

Congrats again Dondi, and with all of the traveling you’ll be doing, you’re going to need a vacation from your vacation when you get home.

We’ll see you in August bro!!!
Tom

P.S. - If you can smuggle a baby kangaroo in your baggage, I’d like one for a pet : )

newmexicomagma
10-02-2008, 04:59 PM
P.S.S. if you can smuggle a baby tazmanian devil in the pouch of a baby kangaroo in your baggage, id also like one as a pet.:)

Meerkat
10-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Mer I live in southern IL and will have my new studio bye then. When you are in Misery if you need a glass fix before or after agi stop bye. I live in a really laid bake artist community with shops on a boardwalk and living quarters above. We don't mind peeps doing pit stops or extended stay's whatever floats your boat.

Sounds like a cool place, don't know what my schedule will be like other than that it will be tight.

Most likely I'll be going to Vancovuer/Oregon/Cali first, so will be doing those around July and early August, and then going to Misery to see the partents and then to PA for AGI and then fly back to California to meet the wife and drive to Nevada for the burn in the last week of August and then fly back to Australia and then less then a week later Aussie has his glass festival.

So maybe there is a chance I could drop in and see you before seing the parents, but I cant gurantee anything... all that flying and traveling and food and places to stay and all that stuff is going to be really expensive. I think that regardless I am going to be coming back to Oz with some credit card debt.

Also I am moving in a few months and hope to be settled in a new place in 6 months and then I will be spending money on building my first real studio with proper ventilation and space to actually turn around, so there is more money....

Oh and I'll try to bring something in my pouch for you other guys, you'll just have to stick your hands in there and see what it is... maybe the rare tasmanian giant earth worm....

atseasick
10-02-2008, 07:07 PM
Lol gratz dude .

If you can fit me in your case il hold the kangaroo so it doesnt move going through customs with the Tasmanian devil in its pouch.

newmexicomagma
10-04-2008, 10:19 PM
i have already made an aquisition for one of the earthworms, thanks but no thanks.

jr23
10-07-2008, 06:44 AM
outlook is good for me being able to attend if Golden tickets are not sold out bye Jan/Feb. I will Be Driving Me and my gear so If a ride helps your welcome to it I will be leaving from Carbondale IL.

Greymatter Glass
10-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Are tickets available yet? I'll get a check out this week.