PDA

View Full Version : camping

Aymie
10-07-2008, 07:09 AM
I am writing something about AGI but I didn't camp. Any thought or comments from those of you who did would be greatly appreciated since it seems to be a large part of the AGI experience.

themoch
10-07-2008, 10:32 AM
ummm, camping was good. what sort of thoughts or comments do you want to know?

you sleep on the ground, wake up at 10 (there's a cannon blast that only a few slept through) and you have the option to shower (i checked yes for this option).

Aymie
10-07-2008, 11:03 AM
Maybe some thought on Don since it's his place where everyone camps. Any thoughts on the daily cannon? Anything interesting that happens at the camp ground?

Greymatter Glass
10-07-2008, 02:14 PM
Don's place is like the plus in AGI+

He's got a really nice hand-built cabin, working black smith shop, a pond, a bull whip, 2 cannons, and a lot of really nice wooded camp areas. there's also a big fire pit with a cast iron griddle where some of us ate a few nice secret breakfasts, in case you get up with the cannon instead of the sun.

Tom provides 2 porta-pottys up there for everyone to use as well, so it's not 100% roughing it, but it IS camping. There's no power or running water, but that's available about 150 yards up the road at Toms anyways.

I'd say a tent, warm sleeping bag, and the other assorted camping accoutrement are required, minus the bucket / latrine shovel.

I'd also stress the importance of both a flashlight AND a head lamp.

-Doug

cheng076
10-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Plus Don is a great guy, a gracious host to many curious about blacksmithing and black powder guns and other mountian man stuff. he has some great pics and some greater stories and is most helpful to all who ask.
PJH

J B
10-09-2008, 08:31 PM
Don is an "awesome guy" his cabin is -- lets say I could live ther all the tyme !OK I'm from the country - in NC, and have always loved log cabins..
if I can talk donna into it ,we are going to camp ????
hey cheng how ya doing ?

Aymie
10-10-2008, 06:14 AM
Does anyone have a photo of the clever little doodle of Don someone did and the black board by the front door?

yinzer
10-11-2008, 06:36 AM
hahaha! HUH??!!!
i camped on your floor in an insane amount of clothing which i made into a tent. does that count?

Aymie
10-11-2008, 08:22 AM
Hey lady...I packed light for that trip.