PDA

View Full Version : TigerShark Bethlehem , trade or sale

AdamCotter
11-30-2008, 05:54 AM
$1000. or best offer. This torch is a ripper, WAaay bigger than that barracuda, they look like toys in comparison, body same as a PM2D, but a smaller outer fire. keeps up pretty good with my mirage, same face size as a mirage. Will do 50mil stick stack cased melts no problem. Comes with the $250 water cooling jacket too that would fit a pm2d also.
I went to the beth factory in person and had it completely restored a few months ago, it's like new now, new knobs, new face, completely redone guts too.
Beth torches get a bad rap because the face melts down if you set the candles wrong, the water cooling jacket prevents that. Mostly this torch was used for beads and pendants. trade for Pm2D(uses less oxy), Phantom, Delta +$, Mirage+$, lathe, all trades welcome, I'm in west chester Pa, I'll put up pics sometime soon.

beth's stats
$1379 +$279 water cooling jacket

The Tigershark propels a flame that will melt larger diameters of tubing with ease and still provide the artist with serious center fire control. Bethlehem states, "Its razor-sharp center fire has a clean, crisp focus while the independently operated, 24-jet outer flame supplies a steady, concentrated heat. Somewhat more oxidizing in flame characteristic than our other burners, the Tiger Shark accumulates very little carbon build-up". The Tigershark is a versatile & powerful torch built for speed, precision, & efficiency. Specifications: Burner configuration: Center fire - 6 jets Outer fire - 24 gas jets Face dia. - 1 " (25http://www.dichroicimagery.com/popup_image.php?pID=27914mm) Flame width: 2mm - 35mm Full flame gas consumption: 12 cu. ft./hr (340.8 l/hr); oxygen: 48 cu. ft./hr. (1363.2 l/hr) Works: Rod - 1-1/2" (44mm) Tube - 100mm Dimensions: 7 1/2" manifold with a 6" base. www.quantum-glass-solutions.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=19_20_77&products_id=246
http://www.dichroicimagery.com/product_info.php?cPath=432_8&products_id=2791&osCsid=09g9qhfvq1lhdeii4ejaf5kdu6

AdamCotter
11-30-2008, 06:02 AM
The big thing with this torch is how it works cadmium colors. You can do uncased pulls without any bubbling, even if they are a little dirty, super on those bubbly colors, I love GTT, but no one that has tried this torch would argue that it is not awesome on uncased crayon pulls. really nice soft deep heat.
Oh, website says it will work 1.5" rod and 100mm tube. doesn't say heavy wall or not, All I know is it will do 50mm heavy wall with 8mm rods layed up stick stack inside pretty smooth.

AdamCotter
12-01-2008, 04:06 PM
Sale pending!

BS Designs
12-03-2008, 05:11 PM
Hows it? Just wondering if you still have this for sale. If so would you consider trading a redmax with a premix rider, with 3 tips, and a wale firebird mounted on top of that. 3 torches in one! Great setup but I need to be able to step up production on pipes really soon. Its all almost brand new. I would also throw in a few bucks too! Or I could throw in a Brand spankn new never been used hoke hand torch, that also will mount to the redmax. I have a bracket to mount it on the side. So it can be used stationary or easily removed and used by hand and then slipped right back into the bracket. 4 torches in a small package!