PDA

View Full Version : wanted aim 2418 wiring diagram

broken glass
01-20-2009, 07:03 PM
did the dumb thing of not drawing out the wiring, and cannot find what I want anywhere on teh internet, aim is in the process of moving, so I can't get it from them, can you help me??

thatnks

broken glass
01-20-2009, 07:41 PM
If you open up your box and take a pic I will pay you Tell me what its worth to you......dichro??...........$$.............Pieces? ?............................My first born??..................No no not that box..............................................

n3rd
01-20-2009, 07:43 PM
ignore the green wires they connect to an hours meter. these pictures are from when i installed it.

n3rd
01-20-2009, 07:44 PM
this is for a 2412 as you can probably see, should be similar, hope it helps!

Greymatter Glass
01-21-2009, 09:29 AM
n3rd.....that looks wrong.

do you have your signal voltage attached to the incoming line voltage?

Maybe it's just a bad picture?

... odd...

broken glass
01-21-2009, 09:42 AM
Hmmm well i have a small amount of patience, and got a case of the fuckits, and well long story short, killed the power to hte unit, gotta wait till today to get the manager to open teh room with the mains.........................I am thinking that I almost had it as yesterday i could turn it on, and it read the temp but did not heat. I think on of those yellow wires is off a terminal when it should be on the side of the relay?!!!!!!!!!!!!Ill take pics and see if that helps. Hope i didn't mess anything else up.

broken glass
01-21-2009, 12:39 PM
ok so i got the power back on and snaped a pic and did a sketch of the yellow wires and where they go. Any help would be awsome and I will hook you up wiht something........

broken glass
01-21-2009, 12:40 PM
ok the doted line is the white wire all others are yellow

n3rd
01-21-2009, 01:16 PM
n3rd.....that looks wrong.

do you have your signal voltage attached to the incoming line voltage?

Maybe it's just a bad picture?

... odd...

It certainly is a crappy picture. I'm about as bad a photographer as I am a glass artist :D

the green wire going to my hours meter "taps into" the voltage going from the relay to the elements in the kiln. the red and blue wires are the voltage going to the elements, one for each element. Tim at AIM told me those were 110v each, and the hours meter has worked perfectly thus far, and its 110v, so I believe him.

as you can tell by my terminology i don't know what i'm talking about, and i could be wrong. but i would like to help if i can. broken glass, PM me your phone number tonight if you still haven't got it figured out, i'll open up my kiln and talk you through what i see, and email you more pictures. keep in mind your kiln has 3 elements and mine only has 2... i'd still like to help but my kiln isn't exactly the same, and obviously my electrical knowledge is very limited. but i'm willing to try!

broken glass
01-22-2009, 10:37 AM
Sweeeeet..... got it fixed, N3rd hooked it up I didn't think that the pic he sent me helped, but it was just what i needed . Thanks again