PDA

View Full Version : momka's fairy

steven p selchow
10-27-2005, 02:13 PM
lustreous blue (www.glassartists.org/Gallery.asp?GalleryID=13734)

Glassbackwards
10-27-2005, 05:53 PM
looks more like an angle. But Nice either way.Good work

homer
10-27-2005, 06:04 PM
are you using jacks on your goblet feet? Looks good steve.

Homer

slinger
10-30-2005, 04:15 PM
i like the piece alot, but one question, you used gold on the rim of the cup? not sure if this is intended for use or not, but if it were used, dont you think it could be a health risk to have gold fume right where you put your lips? Ive also heard alcohol will absorb metals, so not to ever have fume or colour on the inside or rim of the cup..... either way, sweet figure, love the wings.!

steven p selchow
10-31-2005, 10:09 AM
Most pieces of this nature are for just collecting. The gold is an old school decrative method, once the gold reaches a tempuratue above 500 degrees, any harmful additives and chemicals used to suspend the gold in the solution, evaporate. The thickness of the gold is probably that of cbs dichro on a sheet, much like gold trim on a piece of fine china, except made for glass.

Steve

Vapor Glass
11-14-2005, 11:37 PM
ill bet that lusterous is waaay brighter than those pics show. lusterous is one of my favorite colors so i know how it works. those wings are great indeed! nice work man!

steven p selchow
11-16-2005, 11:03 AM
shitty lighting indeed erik. One day i'll set up my photoshop, great pictures make good pieces of art better, mine are for reference only, some of the pieces here at glassartists that I photographed, were also shot in a studio by a professional for show slides, thats a must for applying for fine art/fine craft shows. Thanks again. :)