PDA

View Full Version : Lucid Visions Demonstration

Mr. Wonka
03-23-2009, 05:54 PM
Josh Bergesen and Lance Sanford of Lucid Visions Glass Art invite you to join us on a journey thru advanced sculpture and patterning techniques.

The sculpture demo will display how to push the boundaries on scale along with the complexity of sealed forms. Attention will be paid to using colored rods, powders and frits for patterning that are ideal for many coldworking techniques.

An emphasis will then be placed upon the varied aspects of coldworking by emphasizing depth, texture, and to accentuate the previously demonstrated sculpted piece. Sandblasting, sandcarving, graal, oil paint washes, etching, and reverse painting will be demonstrated on the completed sculpture to show a wide range of what is possible after your piece is finished in the torch.

Check out their work here: http://www.lucidvisionsglassart.com

Greymatter Glass
03-30-2009, 03:04 PM
during AGI or what?

Johan
03-30-2009, 03:38 PM
I love their flower work especially!

lucidvisions
03-31-2009, 06:48 AM
It's at AGI in August. We'd love to have some feedback on what techniques you guys have seen us done that interest you also. It will be heavy on the coldwork that make the florals so unique but applied to a different sculpture other than the florals. We just want to try something new and push a couple of our boundaries with what we've already tried. I believe we will be doing two demos with the sculpture being done the first day and the coldwork demo on the next day.

Can't wait to see you all there!

Josh

lucidvisions
04-20-2009, 07:51 AM
Hey all,

Lance and I wanted to let you all know that we had to pull out of demonstrating at AGI this year. A lot of committments have really got us running like chickens with our heads cut off, and the last thing we wanted to do was half-ass any demos at AGI.

So please take this as our sincere apology to anyone who was looking forward to our demo. We will definately be up there in the future, because we know how much fun and creativity we get out of being around the glass family. I know how much Tom had done for our community and he has assured me that our spot will be filled by someone of great talent.

Josh

nafglass
04-20-2009, 12:52 PM
Bummer.... I was really looking forward to it!

lucidvisions
04-20-2009, 04:46 PM
Nafglass,
Trust me, it's a real bummer for us too, we will go hopefully next year and we'll bring it to the torch for sure to make up for it. Again it's been a heavy weight on us for having to cancel, but we could have gone, it just would have been half ass. I don't want us ever coming across as not putting our full effort into a demo for our peers. Again please except our apoligies.

Josh

jane clifton
04-21-2009, 05:27 AM
man, that sucks

lucidvisions
04-23-2009, 06:22 AM
This will be my last post on this but I just want to make it clear that Lance and I are very disappointed in ourselves on committing and not following through. This is not like us at all. We always tend to overextend ourselves because we want to do anything and everything we can to share and contribute to the community. It's just waaaaaay crazy for us this year and I didn't forsee the amount of work and traveling we'd be doing and what we still have to accomplish to keep our business alive. When I talked to Tom before posting our withdrawl from AGI on the forum I made it very clear to him how sorry we were and how much it sucked that we couldn't come play and demo with the great crew of the glass family that were attending.

Peace

Josh