PDA

View Full Version : Uranium Glass, New Lot just in

knexmaster
04-08-2009, 08:27 PM
:bouncy:

I just posted 10 new sizes from 4mm to 45mm tube and 6mm Rod.

Kansas-Glass (http://stores.ebay.com/Kansas-Glass)

45mm on sale April 9th thru the 15th

Standard 10% off for GLDG members. Ask for invoice and put "GLDG" in the notes section.

Abe Fleishman
04-08-2009, 08:41 PM
David I did not know you were the melting operations manager, good for you. We have to talk some day.
Abe

jr23
04-08-2009, 08:45 PM
110 dollars for 1 6mill rod whats the breakdown on it bye the pound I see you have some wide ranges in price.

does that come out to 3 or 400 a pound ?

Johan
04-09-2009, 01:03 AM
wholy jumpin jehova's..... thats $24.75 for a 12" rod.

jr23
04-09-2009, 05:59 AM
I got a pound of u-glass and looking for more but Knex knows what its worth and also that since its out of real production the bigger the tube the higher the multiplyer.

Here is a tip if you want to buy from this seller go for the small diamter tube with the thin wall 3-8mill with thin walls cut it into one inch sections and drop in a tube and back the air out and spin up. It still glows great and goes real far. These size's are less desireable for most and they are easy to find.

Also if you have a rod to slip in the u-glass it helps take up air space and gives more volume. I notice the glow is a little less but it lest me put it on more stuff.

Vapor Glass
04-12-2009, 04:09 PM
^^^^^^

i have been under impression that you should not cut or score u-glass. at least to not let the dust into the air... anyone have info on that?

knexmaster is good stuff. great to deal with.

skip
04-29-2009, 12:34 PM
ditto Erik

Greymatter Glass
04-29-2009, 03:56 PM
David, glad to see you got more stock in. I'm interested, but for my shops consideration I'd need more info.

What is the source of this new U glass, and what technical specs do you have on it?

Country of Origin? COE? Is it NRC regulated? Is this "Old New Stock", redraw, remelt, new melt?

I don't need the name and contact info of your source, and not looking to circumvent your sales or anything like that, just doing some due diligence / product research.

Feel free to PM me or shoot an email to info@abqglass.com and maybe we can hash out a volume deal?

Also, are you gonna be able to make it to AGI again this year? If so I may wait till then to see the stuff first hand.

Thanks David!

-Doug

jr23
05-01-2009, 01:45 PM
I was under the impression that you should not cut any glass dry and make dust. Lots of folks wet after they score but when cutting up u-glass a little dab before you score and a jawz scoring tool lets off no dust.

a second method for dust free clean cuts is the bucket method. I like to think I invented it I take a 5 gallon bucket and a old pair of tile nippers and chop up millies and u-glass rod into sections. Then strain and dry