PDA

View Full Version : Carmen Lozar

Mr. Wonka
06-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Hi folks. I wanted to touch base with you about some details for AGI. We’re a couple of months away from the event, and now is the time for me to start putting all of the fragmented pieces together.

I had the pleasure of watching a presentation by Carmen Lozar a few years ago, and not only was I impressed with her work, but the thought process behind what she does is brilliant, and I am proud to have her here this year.

The topic of her presentation is titled, “Inspirations and Influences”

Wed, August 19th
Carmen Lozar will give a presentation on artists, objects, and themes that inspire and motivate her in the creation of her work. She will talk about the development of ideas and the journey from sketch book to a finished glass object. Looking at images from Faberge to Kara Walker, Carmen will explore the powerful influences of historical and contemporary art in her own flameworked objects. She will emphasise the need for the flameworking community to focus on “what we make” not “how we make it”.
Carmen will follow up with a short demonstration at the torch that is based on the ideas covered in her lecture.

Thursday, August 20th
Carmen will give a demonstration on how she approaches working with borosilicate tubing and rod to create a figure. She will cover how to assemble pre-made parts into a finished object as well as sculpting with tubing.

Please check out her web site: http://carmenlozarglass.com

Thanks for listening, and stay tuned for more updates : )

Tom

jane clifton
06-13-2009, 09:04 AM
Very cool!!! her work is amazing!!!