PDA

View Full Version : Where is AGI?

Meerkat
07-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Sorry if this has been asked already, but I looked all over the AGI website. I know it's near Pittsburgh, PA, but are there specific directions to where it is at, such as an address. I saw there was a contact address in some placed called Hilliards, PA, but google maps says that is 65 miles from Pittsburgh.

I'm still trying to figure out my travel arangements, especially as I don't drive, unless I can get a ride, most likely I will be coming in via bus, but obviously bus's won't take me right to wherever AGI is, so I will have to figure out the last leg.

vetropod
07-06-2009, 08:49 PM
Nearest place a bus can get you is Butler, PA (where I was born & raised, but sure as HELL didn't stick around!) That's maybe 20-30 minutes from Tom's - I'm sure you could get someone to pick you up there.

I've never actually taken a bus between Butler and Pittsburgh, but it should def be doable. Hardly ever went to Pittsburgh anyways...

If you rented a car, you'd take Route 8 north from the city to Butler, then I think Route 38 north from Butler to Hilliards.

Hope this helps!

somberbear
07-06-2009, 09:04 PM
you could get to the pittsburg air port for the pick up...... sence a lot of people fly in.... or get one of them that rent a car to pick ya up and carpool to agi.... normaly theres a ride thread that goes up....

Meerkat
07-07-2009, 02:33 AM
car rental is not possible, I don't have a license and never learned how to drive.

shark bait
07-07-2009, 07:50 AM

FredLight
07-07-2009, 08:57 AM
Yeah, even the dude that wrote the map got lost going to AGI. (j/k)

My wife got lost going to the "beer store" 10 minutes down the road while we were there. She drove the whole time, I get lost too damn easily.

Got a GPS unit?

Slow
07-07-2009, 10:12 AM
Hey Meerkat,
I will be attending AGI this year. I live in central PA, I know my way around the Pittsburgh area, and I have friends living in Butler. Drop me a PM or something if you want to work out a ride.

JANKYglass
07-07-2009, 02:52 PM
car rental is not possible, I don't have a license and never learned how to drive.

well your correct they wont rent you a car but as far as learning to drive,whats to learn?right pedal go, left pedal stop,dont hit the car in front of you.them 3 colored light at the intersection can be awfully confusing.my wife has only drove a car 2-3 times in her life 1 of them being the scarriest ride of my life,she was alway afraid and intimidated by it.but shes been driving a tractor mowing our lawn and plowing the drive and digging holes for trees in our yard for 6 years now she wants to look into getting her license.she did take out our porch the first year.

Meerkat
07-07-2009, 04:25 PM
I do have a GPS as part of my PDA and I just loaded the USA/Canada maps on it last night to go with the Aussie maps, so I am all good there.

As for a car, sure I know the basic and technical operations of cars, I've read the entire manual for my wife's car. But I don't trust myself behind a car and there is a lot more to driving than knowing how the car operates, there are all the rules of the road, that's why they have drivers's ed. Besides, I really don't want to drive, it's just never interested me or been something I feel the need that I gotta do, ya know.

As for the ride offers, I appreciate them and will let everyone know as the time gets closer. I basicalyl have to figure out how I am getting from IN to PA first and what my time table will be.

yinzer
07-07-2009, 04:39 PM
i can get you there as well if you need it. im like 15mins from the airport and about 5 mins from downtown. plus, you and jeff can snoodle in the car...

FredLight
07-07-2009, 05:13 PM
Forget eating dinner TONIGHT.

vetropod
07-07-2009, 06:15 PM
You could get part of the way like this:

http://photos.jpgmag.com/276858_97717_023d9d2d11_l.jpg

Greymatter Glass
07-09-2009, 06:07 PM
you're gonna fly or try to ride from IN to PA?

yinzer
07-10-2009, 10:10 AM
Forget eating dinner TONIGHT.

jeebus man, sorry i left you out. i knew youd get all pissed and pull the whole hunger strike bullshit. you know, you cant be included all the time