PDA

View Full Version : Some mixed media

Christopher Rice
08-09-2009, 05:23 AM
Wanted to share some of my new work, as some of you know I've been in school this past year getting my welding certification and am looking to combine the two media's together. Here are a couple of my first attempts. The first is a smaller table, about 2' high, 18" diamter. The second is 2'x2' and about 20" high. Thanks for looking!!
-chris

p.j.
08-09-2009, 05:56 AM
dude, you know i love them!!!! do you do them in the glass shop or did you have to do the welding outside?

ps. i coming up to pulaski to chase salmon in early october, if you not doing anything you should come over to try to hook some kings.

KahunaGlassArt
08-09-2009, 10:39 AM
thats really cool. you should try a underwater theme with turtles and whatnot :) just a thought :P

Christopher Rice
08-12-2009, 03:49 AM
Thanks guys, I like the idea of the sea life, only thing is that it's a hard sell up here in our area. Being in the Adirondacks it's all about bears, deer and such. It is a cool idea though, might have to give it a go someday. PJ, would love to hook up with you, please call when you are coming out. I haven't gone salmon fishing in a long time, it would be nice to get out again. I'm usually in the woods everyday in October, it's hunting season, but I could probably take a day off to hang out, it would be nice to catch up!
-chris

jes
08-13-2009, 08:09 AM
very cool, love natural, reminds me of nature and life and future and so much, thank you you are inspiring for me, jes

ornametalsmith
08-13-2009, 08:42 AM
Chris,
those are some nice pieces. I LOVE the combination of metal and glass, and I'm only a lil biased. :o:
Can't wait to see what you do next.
REP'D

Christopher Rice
08-16-2009, 02:49 AM
Thanks again, specially coming from you Bill!!! I've been on your site, your work is absolutely amazing. I can only hope to someday have a fraction of the metalworking knowledge that you have stored. And hopefully a touch of the talent too!!
-chris