PDA

View Full Version : intro and ?

3rdI
08-21-2009, 09:41 AM
hi I'm Joe. first I just want to thank everyone who makes this site possible because it's awesome. never blown glass before but I've wanted to ever since buying my first glass piece about 10 years ago.

I have a mini cc and a gtt cricket. still working on setting up studio and ventilation before I use either of them. planning on just making beads, mostly soft glass, for now. so, which torch should I start with?

also, I am piping in my propane. can the regulator be inside and not on the tank?

thanks

p.j.
08-21-2009, 09:56 AM
welcome to the board.

both of those torches are good starter torches, as for the propane question, i cant answer that. you should post that in the safety section or glass discussion(more people read that)

Mac Maestro
08-21-2009, 10:55 AM
Welcome. The pressure at the tank has to be regulated.

If you want your regulator inside, you could do that, but you would need an extra gauge at the tank to knock the pressure back.

For instance: You could have a gauge at the tank that lets 40 psi through the lines, running inside and into your regulator set at 3 psi (or whatever) and your torch hoses connected to that.

harpentuan
08-21-2009, 05:14 PM
I cover my outside propane regulator with an upside down bucket. All the time. Every day. It's just as wicked as a pegesus.
http://www.elfwood.com/art/a/l/almir/pegesus_flame_colored_copy.jpg
See?