PDA

View Full Version : New artist from Omaha,Ne...

Rastaman402
09-01-2009, 03:44 PM
Hello all, ive been on the torch for about 4 months. Right now i am learning on a friends torch but hope to get my own soon. I am thinking of getting one of the GTT Scorpions but im not sure yet. Found this place while surfing so i figured i might as well stop in. :chilling:

VED
09-01-2009, 08:54 PM
welcome!..dont know much about the scorpian..but gtt makes badass torches, triple mixes are the shit, so i would consider spending the extra dough and getting a phantom, what kinda torch have u been working on?, and what are u wanting to make? that will help u deside what kinda torch u need to run, also ton of info on torches here read up before u descide.....and if u ever make out to des moines, feel free to look me up.

peace

bzglass
09-01-2009, 10:09 PM
welcome to the forum. Like ved said, as far as torch choice goes, it all depends on what you are making, and what you really want to make in the future. Gtt is the way to go Im My Opinion!

Rastaman402
09-02-2009, 05:50 PM
right now i am just making small fumer pipes and small inside out stuff while i try to get the basics down. I am trying to start into more inside out work maybe even try to get good with encasements( I've done one so far and it turned out pretty good.) Ime also not too bad with marbles, so far i have made a few implosion marbles and one vortex that turned out ok. Right now i am working on a carlile(not sure what kind but i do know its big), i have also worked on a GTT Phantom...or maybe it was a mirage.

Rastaman402
09-02-2009, 05:59 PM
and if u ever make out to des moines, feel free to look me up.

well... des moins isnt too far of a drive for me so when i get better i may have to take ya up on the offer.

VED
09-02-2009, 07:53 PM
for what u want to do i would save up for the phantom if i were u, u can pick up a used one for about a 1000...but feel free to look me up ne time, i dont have much reason to come to omaha usually only travel though on my way out west but if u and ur homies have a shop going i could plan a trip if u want to throw down sometime

Frankze
09-18-2009, 09:42 PM
I don't have advice .... i do have a welcoming though!

Interested to see your progression
good luck mate

N~DARK
09-19-2009, 09:25 AM
Sure sure, rag on the carlile!!! I Love all 3 of Mine!!! Wanted to say welcome and best of luck with all you touch! If you plan on doing cased work you might want to stick with the CC. If you mainly want to stay ISO then go GTT I only say that because it is nicer to color than a CC. Oh and if you plan on coming out to des moines you might as well come out to IL... Peace

Cosmo
09-21-2009, 07:12 AM
I'll be teaching a class in Omaha in March or April of next year. I'll have to look you up when I get out there...