PDA

View Full Version : FGA Work Thread

Fiorino Glass Art
09-18-2009, 11:55 PM
Ok, so this is my official work thread. Now that I have a good set up, and a steady o2 supply, I can rage my torch and get things going. I had a revelation tonight involving condensing. I now have a completely different way of feeling and working the glass. It is a beautiful thing! I'm so fucking happy I got it down!!! :D It was like a "OHHH! OOOOK!!" type of moment!:evilLaugh

So here's my first two nice thick spoons and a chillum I made tonight. The one hitter was the first time I did constriction. It came out good but it was constricted too small and it was too long. I had a blast makin em though! Lemme know how they look and I'm totally all about suggestions! Once again, I wouldn't be at this point without you guys and the forum! Thanks so much for all the help everyone!

Master Yoda
09-19-2009, 05:47 AM
I like the onnie, look nice n str8. When doing surface work I like to gather off the part where I started the line, that little dot that loves to bubble where you put the color on and pull it off, great start though!

Bo Diddles
09-19-2009, 05:52 AM
Great work! It's nice when you have those breakthroughs - it makes you want to challenge yourself even more.
The chillum looks especially tight. Keep it up!

cc_bob
09-19-2009, 06:54 AM
Wow BIG jump forward!! Looking good.

Marble looks nice too.

The Cheese
09-19-2009, 08:15 AM
That onie is really nice - like the center of it.

Fiorino Glass Art
09-19-2009, 11:10 AM
Hey thanks for all the feedback guys!!!!

poncho
09-19-2009, 06:16 PM
nice man!

boy got skills
09-19-2009, 06:37 PM
everything looks straight, its all up hill from here :]

Fiorino Glass Art
09-19-2009, 07:04 PM
Thanks guys. I know, I'm ecstatic that it's only going uphill from here!!!:D

Fiorino Glass Art
09-19-2009, 10:30 PM
Today's Work!:chilling:

Fiorino Glass Art
09-20-2009, 09:38 PM
Todays Work. I really dig the spoon. Nothin crazy, just simple and done right. It felt really good to make!

Bunyip
09-21-2009, 10:23 AM
wow, that last one is pretty cool.

Fiorino Glass Art
09-21-2009, 10:57 AM
Thanks man, that was like the 3rd time I tried that kinda sherlock. Pulled it off to my exact liking...the curves are straight, lined up and evenly blown. Just a little thin in the bend, but like I said it was a good bend so no cracks!! Def gonna make one tonight! My buddy had one just like this...just a one piece lil shirly....but anyways he named it Tony Cucoch, who was an old basketball player for the cavs. So anytime we see that style of piece we call it a "Tony Cucoch"! Haha just thought that was a funny story to that pipe!!:chilling:

naughty pirate wench
09-23-2009, 11:00 AM
Nice work - looking good!

Fiorino Glass Art
09-25-2009, 02:34 PM
Here's some new stuff I've made the past couple days! I just got my new kiln too and love it to death! I had two marbles on the bowl heads crack, so I brought them back up to heat and literally it took a minute a bowl to re-melt the marbles and position them back in. I was like "holy shit! that was easy!". It def feels good to wake up in morning and unload the kiln. It's like Christmas every day!:D

Been workin on the one piece shirlys. I pretty much got the bends down. They're nice and even, no rough edges. Now I just need to working on using more point to achieve a longer neck on it, without it being so skinny. They're thick, just not big enough. Anyways sorry to babble, hope you guys enjoy the new pieces, and please critique! Oh yeah, that's my first jar too!:chilling:

KahunaGlassArt
09-25-2009, 10:58 PM
right on nice shaping!
way to keep it simple while you're learning. deffinetly not what i did haha. kind of regret that. waisted a lot of glass and gas.

ras_eel
09-26-2009, 12:25 AM
nice peices, i like the jar

Fiorino Glass Art
09-26-2009, 02:24 PM
Thanks man! I gotta make some more of em. The clear mib on the side will magnify your smoke!!

boy got skills
09-26-2009, 03:26 PM
nice work ur bowls are dead on, i struggle with getting my bowl holes dead on in one push. keep up the good work

Fiorino Glass Art
09-26-2009, 03:31 PM
Hey thanks! It's all about havin that heat enough around the hole. Too much and it'll sag in on the sides. To little and it won't push in all the way. Although, not enough heat isn't that bad at all, it almost kinda starts your bowl center, then reheat (not too much) and push it the rest of the way. Also you should never have to push really hard. Just a nice gentle push works!

naughty pirate wench
09-26-2009, 05:46 PM
Looking really good - nice shaping, great colors and design, let's see more!

Fiorino Glass Art
09-26-2009, 06:37 PM
Thanks Chris! Def workin on more soon. I need to stock up to start takin stuff to sum shops!:chilling:

Fiorino Glass Art
09-28-2009, 05:09 PM
So here's what I did last night. I'm bout ready to start going to head shops. I got some nice thick pieces, holes and bowls are center, annealed, and ready to smoked out of!!! I'm really enjoying having a larger supply of 02 hence I can rage my torch and make some nice thick shit!! I just need to get some cases and I'll be good to go.

I really like the latticino on the bowls. It really makes it pop! I also really like making the sherlocks. I pretty much got the bends down and even, I just need to work on making the necks wider. The glass is thick, the diameter is just small. Next is 2 piece bubs!! Also, the fume looks yellow because of the white backround, but now that I have a kiln, it strikes and looks so much more vibrant a blue! I love it! Def gotta change to a black backround so yall can see dat fume!

But I'm enjoying melting glass more than ever!!! I've really grasped some new concepts of how glass moves and flows. It feels awesome!!! Like Happy Gilmore! "Workin it...feelin the flow...doin the bull dance...", and a bull dance I am doing!!:cowboy:

Thanks again guys for all the help and support!!:chilling:

The Cheese
09-28-2009, 05:38 PM
Got a nice collection started there.

Fiorino Glass Art
09-28-2009, 06:23 PM
Thanks cheese! Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, all the color is on the outside, not ISO. I've tried ISO twice and failed horribly. But I really like the outside work, it makes the colors pop out more, the only thing is that if you have a color that boils easily, you gotta encase it in clear.

bzglass
09-28-2009, 10:38 PM
nice shaping on those shirly spoons!

Fiorino Glass Art
09-30-2009, 01:27 PM
couple new dudes here. found this fancy looking fabric for my light box. def shows of the fume a lot better than the white. cheers!:confetti:

Peachy-Blue
09-30-2009, 02:44 PM
good stuff!

Pogo
09-30-2009, 08:48 PM
lovin the shirley!!! perfectly fumed!!!

Fiorino Glass Art
10-01-2009, 12:52 PM
Thanks Peachey and Sands! I'm still ecstatic about how my fume is turning out!! Going to the headshops this weekend! We'll see what they say! Once again thanks everyone!

Fiorino Glass Art
10-05-2009, 05:59 PM
I made my first sales today!!!!:D:D:bouncy: I ended up selling everything I've posted up on this thread! I went to two head shops in the area. The first one bought 11 of the spoons for $200 and the second bought the 6 sherlocks and one of the smaller spoons for $100 bucks! It literally took me an hour to do, the owners were very easy going and said they want to see more! I'm fucking pumped!!! I figures came out to be $13.75 a piece, $75 in materials, and $13.63 an hour at 16 hours of work! Pretty good for my first sales!! I've been waiting for this day the day I started melting glass! I'd like to thank everyone on here for all the help and support! It wouldn't have happen without you guys!!:D:D

Pogo
10-06-2009, 04:58 PM
congrats buddy!!!

Fiorino Glass Art
10-25-2009, 04:21 PM
So here's some stuff I've been workin on lately. Been a lil busy so haven't been able to post up some pics in awhile. I got some borostix and love em! The colors are nice and bright and work like butter! Nothing too crazy, just still focusing on shaping and melting. Also got a new blow hose and am loving the fuck out of it! I've also been making sales to the local headshops and it's been going awesome! I sell out everytime! A sherlock I sold the one shop for 15 got resold for 45! Made me feel good to think that my work now is worth someone that much.
These are pretty much still prodo pieces. But I try to make them in different variations. Pretty soon here I'll be busting out some two piecers once I drill a hole in the front of my kiln to stick my punty through. I've also been trying to add on more implosion marbles. I made one pipe with at least 7-8 implosions on it, tore off the blow tube, started to melt the mouthpiece in, then it fell off my claw grabbers and broke the bowl head right off!:bangHead: I fixed it and laid some clear dots to cover up the fix and gave it too my sister.:D That woulda been at least a 40 dollar pipe to the head shops! Once again, thanks for all the help and support!:chilling::D

Oh yeah, Hey Bob, Jake, and fellow Clevelanders, I picked up a van last week, so I have some wheels now to get around, so we def have to set something up in the near future!:hotrod:

cc_bob
10-25-2009, 05:42 PM
Sweet you got wheels. I could go for another road trip, just let me know.

poncho
10-25-2009, 10:34 PM
yea im in im kinda busy these next couple of weeks but im down just let me know when

Fiorino Glass Art
10-29-2009, 05:10 PM
So I sold all those past bowls I posted up up today, plus 1 more I didn't post!!!! I went to the first head shop, Papa Smokes, and the dude (who has been really cool so far) said he bought a bunch yesterday so he just bought 2 for $30 at $15 a piece. I was hoping he would have bought the whole case I brought to him so I can go camping (@Nelsons Ledges!!) this weekend.

I went to the next one down the road, Tye Dye Sky. The owner lady was there that I sold to before. She was really nice as well. She and her husband own the store. Her husband runs a screen printing business as well and is taking all the money from the glass they sell and investing it into the screen printing business. And everyone in town knows Tye Dye Sky as the headshop. Point being, glass business is slow and inventory is lacking. The first time I sold her about 12 pieces about 3-4 weeks ago. She said they sold them all and she ended up buying a small chillum, and 8 bowls at $135.

So overall today I made $165 bucks, and still have 4 $20 pieces left to sell. That makes a case of 15 pieces, 1 being a chillum, for $245 bucks. And those are pretty much all the pieces that I have posted up just recently, give 5 more I didn't post up. How does that sound to you guys? Oh by the way, both head shops told me they want me to come by every 2 weeks, and are very busy for the holiday season. It's pretty much a "you help me and I'll help you" deal. It's really cool. I really like this better than working a regular job! For now at least.
Ok, sorry for babbling on.....I get that way when I get a certain thing with that money I make:chilling:! It's a celebration bitch!!!:bouncy: Thanks again for all the help everyone, wouldn't have happened without you!! I will now be in the woods all weekend!!! Happy Spooky Season!!:eatme::eye::eatme::mob:

Fiorino Glass Art
11-05-2009, 02:51 PM
So, I'm kinda bored right now, so I got some pics here, not even really glass but more work shots. My dog chewed the lens off my camera so now I can't take pics. Prolly not till Xmas. But my buddy took these with his camera and sent them to me so I figured I'd post them up. First, is an action shot of me in my new van! 92 Ford Econoline Conversion Van, straight 6, 4.9 liter! It's fucking huge and fun to camp in, got it for 500 bucks!! No heat, runs like a beast!! Then I gotta couple crappy quality action shots, which I kinda like the look of. Lotta light coming of the hot glass!! Oh yeah, Jake and Bob, I'm about to get a part time job really soon and will now have the funds to take all the glass trips I want!!! So come time here, we're def going to be torching more!! I'm also in the works of organizing glass parties for next spring and summer. I'll get into more details about that later. But enjoy pics!!:bouncy:

cc_bob
11-05-2009, 03:40 PM
Cool ride for road trips:hotrod:

CheeseNip
11-05-2009, 08:50 PM
so how bout that ekoostik hookah!!?? sick show man, i was there.. i was cracking up about steve as buckethead! haha.. Geat weekend even though i picked up a cold.. and how about that harper guy they brought up on stage, and that slipjig? did you see gumby, and the abominable snowman, who didnt have his mask on? that was me and my girlfriend.. woah, im getting carried away now..

Fiorino Glass Art
11-05-2009, 10:57 PM
Hah! I was wondering if anyone from here went to Gory! How bout that Hunter S Thompson! That was right on!! Evan was hilarious!! "Dont! You're gonna freak him out man!!". What a good weekend! Maybe I'll see you next year!

CheeseNip
11-06-2009, 07:52 AM
oh yeah, evan cracks my shit up everytime hes on stage! i will be there for summer hookah next year, and im gonna try to make gory again.. depends on if my girlfriend has to work or not.. you look pretty familiar from the pics.. probably seen you at hookah shows and didnt know it.. well have to hang out and talk some glass next fest were both at..

Fiorino Glass Art
12-04-2009, 04:59 PM
Ok, so this is what I've been up to lately. Pretty much been doing a prodo swing to necessitate the shops I sell to around here. Also had a new one I was going to to, so I wanted to bring a bunch. Nothing to crazy, just still focusing on shaping...got my first ISOs!!!!! First good hammer bub too! Well first hammer, but this time I really got everything down! Thanks for looking!!:D:D:D:D:D

robbyrydman
12-04-2009, 08:23 PM
Hey man, you got some nice work right there! I love those shirley's you got. The fume looks really badass on that 2-piece in the last pic!! It's purrty

robbyrydman
12-04-2009, 08:23 PM
Oh and it looks like you gotta case full.... You planning on going by some shops soon?

Fiorino Glass Art
12-04-2009, 11:57 PM
Thanks man! I did that all in 5 days. Not really pumping out crazy, but usually about 6-10 pieces a day. I went to 3 headshops today. The first one I've never sold to, older dude, been in the biz for 20 years. He first asked me if I've sold my work elsewhere, and why haven't I come to him before, in which I live a ways from him. But seemed very interested Unfortunately, he had a doc appointment and was leaving right when I got there, so I'll hit him up on Monday. The next shop I've sold to before and usually buy, but the boss took the spending money, so once again, Monday...then the last shop I went to was a success. This guy has been really cool anytime I've sold to him. I opened up the case and he was like "Holy shit!! You're getting pretty good!". He's a very nice guy, interested in my work, and always willing to do business. I ended up selling him 8 chillys, 3 bowls, and a shirly. He rrrreally wanted the hammer, but there was an uneven spot in the seal on the down stem and was afraid someone would buy it and it would break. He told me to come back next friday, gettin alot of holiday business.

So, I've got a lot of work to do tomorrow! I gotta get my gases filled, restock for Monday, then restock through the week to sell it for Friday. Then maybe more shop orders, gotta get some custom orders I've been slacking on out. So I'm def busy and it's all thanks to you guys!!!

FizZle
12-05-2009, 01:13 AM
Your work is lookin pretty good man...just checked ur thread for the first time...pieces are pretty cool for sure...you can tell you been workin hard...just from lookin at ur first to the last pics you can see a vast improvement...id like to see ur mouthpieces blown out a little bit and rounded nice and fat...but other than that lookin stellar...looks like ur on a roll keep it up...

Fiorino Glass Art
12-05-2009, 01:58 AM
Thanks much man! I have been having trouble gettin a nice mouth piece. Usually, I try to condense, and bulge it out a little. Then when take off my blow tube, I heat where I want the cut off point to be, pull thin, and blow a hole, then tear off. I then pick off the glass, melt in round, maybe ream a lil. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!!! Once again thanks!!!

FizZle
12-06-2009, 12:00 AM
...to get a nice thick round mouthpiece...i simply condese my whole piece down and get everything melted in...then condense further to make thicker...than once i have completely melted just heat only the center section leaving a big chunk on top for the bowl...and a nice fat section for the mouthpiece...just heat and pull to size from the center leaving the bowl and mouthpiece cool so they dont stretch...that should leave ur mouthpiece nice and fat and condensed round...after u have blown out ur bowl grab the bowl with ur Claw grabber and tear off ur handle and open up ur mouthpiece...i use a small graphite tip to make the hole nice and round always the same size...dunno if this helps at all or makes sense...

Fiorino Glass Art
12-06-2009, 01:40 AM
Hey thanks man, usually I try to get the first 2/3rds of the blank from the blowtube up molten to condense, but usually pull it along with the middle of the piece too, I'll def try your way next time and see what happens!! Once again, thanks!

Swampy
12-06-2009, 09:49 AM
what ryfizzle said, plus; I find my bigass reamer is too clumsy for cleaning up a tiny moutpiece hole... a 6mm graphite gouging rod is ideal and it's easy to maintain a sharp point.

Fiorino Glass Art
12-06-2009, 12:21 PM
Yea, I def gotta smaller reamer.

Fiorino Glass Art
12-08-2009, 02:38 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to add, any off the surface colored bowls are made with that 32x5 BA i picked up, used maybe a 3 inch blank at the most for em. Condenses realllly nice. I would highly suggest picking some up. 7.50 for a 5 foot tube?!?! Awesome deal!!! Plus, it was fun cutting the 5 foot tubes down!! Felt bad ass! I'll be working all this week so I should have another case of pieces to post up! Def gonna work on the mouthpieces too!

FizZle
12-11-2009, 02:09 AM
I'll be working all this week so I should have another case of pieces to post up! Def gonna work on the mouthpieces too!

sweet post up the pics....good luck with with ur mouthpieces...and just curious...what size tubing were you using when you made those I/O onies...always curuious what other people prefer...

Fiorino Glass Art
12-11-2009, 03:58 PM
Yeah, I'm bout to post up some pics. I had to take them on my mom's phone, they may be crappy and I need to get a cable in a lil bit to put em up here. Ry man...you def did help me with the mouth pieces!!! Wait till you see em! Did I rep you? I thought I did, if not lemme know. I used 38x2 for the iso, I think I'm gonna go with 44x3.2 next time. I think that will give me more mass of glass to work with for bigger pieces, and thicker wall to help keep even when condensing. The 38 mil didn't have enough glass for me to make I nice bigger bowl. By the time I use a longer blank, I can't get the stringers in all the way. I dunno maybe I need a bigger flame, work it in sections or what, but I def think the 44 mil would work better. Try to get the pics up tonight. Made some nice standing shirlys last night...sold them this afternoon! Damn I'm lovin this holiday season!

FizZle
12-13-2009, 12:21 AM
sweet...glad to here i could help...you will definitely love the 44/3.2 for I/o...really easy to draw in...and dont need a very big blank to get a nice size spoon...also if you can try out some 38/4 there is alot of glass there to work with as well...

Fiorino Glass Art
12-20-2009, 07:41 PM
First nice bubbler I've made. Def could have done a lil more with it. But I put my first honeycomb marb on it!!!! Just sold it to a guy for 50 bucks!! Generations here I come!!! Gotta make a couple more to get a camera, these crappy pics aren't cutting it!

KahunaGlassArt
12-21-2009, 08:25 PM
gongrats on the sale!
i always put a perminant bridge on my pieces, whether its a clear bridge or a crazy lookin one, so i can work the weld so its silky smooth :)
my aunt dropped one of my hammers down her hardwood flooring stairs and its aaaaaalllllllllllll good :P

Fiorino Glass Art
12-21-2009, 10:04 PM
Yeah, I should have put a bridge on it, but liked the way it looked. For the most part, I can get the weld smooth w/o a bridge. I did it twice on two side cars I made (both cracked:bummed:). I'll try to get some pics of em soon. Thanks for the comp!!

Fiorino Glass Art
01-24-2010, 08:39 PM
This is my latest prodo. Did this in 6 days, first succesful iso. Pics kinda sucked, tried my best but was in a hurry. This bub is my first 100 percent succesfull bubbler and really liked how it came out! I made another one, doper than that, nice stand up, I'll get some pics for that tomorrow. Or you can see it on my myspace. Also, some of pieces have that yellow fume...is that because it didn't strike? Overfuming? Thanks to everyone and enjoy!:D

CheeseNip
01-24-2010, 09:56 PM
looking really good man. ive been following your thread about bubs waiting to see your first successful one. looks pretty good. better than i can do. dropped my first downstem yesterday and it went pretty smooth. i just gotta clean up my stem to can weld. yours seem to have cleaned up really well. keep at it. usually when i get the yellow or white fume it is from over fuming. i like the stand up shirlys too.

FizZle
01-24-2010, 10:15 PM
looks like some of em need to be melted in alot more...also i would work on condensing thicker...and controling your shape...try melting everything in before you try and pull into a shape...also once you think everything is melted in...get it really hot and then give it a lil puff and that will assure everything is fully worked in...looks like you got a good start at I/O though...u know what they say...practice makes perfect and these days its hard to be anything less than perfect...thanks for posting i love seeing ur progress...looks like the shops your servicing will be pretty happy with ur new prodo...everyone loves I/O...keep it up...

Fiorino Glass Art
01-25-2010, 12:32 AM
Oh yeah, some of em could use a lil more melt in. Goin to the shops tomorrow. I've been selling outside color chillums at 10 spoons at 15 and shirlys at 20. You guys think i should bump em up each 5 bucks? Like 15 20 25? Or should i just stay the same. Just saying cuz it takes me an extra 15 minutes for iso as opposed to outside color. Thanks for the comps peeps!

FizZle
01-25-2010, 02:06 AM
Oh yeah, some of em could use a lil more melt in. Goin to the shops tomorrow. I've been selling outside color chillums at 10 spoons at 15 and shirlys at 20. You guys think i should bump em up each 5 bucks? Like 15 20 25? Or should i just stay the same. Just saying cuz it takes me an extra 15 minutes for iso as opposed to outside color. Thanks for the comps peeps!

For me I/O stringers= Prodo...i sell I/O fat chillums for 12.5 and I/O fat spoons for 15...sometimes bump em up a lil more for Dichro, a Cap, or Lat work...i would stay roughy the same as ur outside...just gotta get up to speed on I/O...shouldnt take much longer...

just my $.02

Dglassman
01-25-2010, 01:54 PM
looks ike your work is getting better but id stay at your prices I only get half that. rep for hard work and keep it up!!!

Fiorino Glass Art
01-25-2010, 02:07 PM
thanks glassman! Def staying at the prices. They're selling at those prices so gonna stick with it.

NUBBLET
01-25-2010, 03:24 PM
Raise it 5 , iso work is harder and takes more time , that equals higher price . If you stay the same it may kill sales on the other stuff .

Slimy-E
01-25-2010, 04:39 PM
id add a little for inside out too. the store expects it and customers exspect to pay a little more for i/o too.

Fiorino Glass Art
01-27-2010, 10:16 PM
Ooook, so i finally got a camera so this thread won't be so stagnant anymore!!! Hooray!!! Here's a kiln shot of the bub I just finished. I'm really getting the hang of adding pieces then garaging and adding more!! I love it!! I'll post some done pics tomorrow! Thanks for lookin!

hippi
01-27-2010, 10:25 PM
nice dude i like that! man i need a kiln so i can start trying to make pieced pieces ot pieced anything for that matter lol..nice job congrats on gettin a digi! cant wait to see more

Fiorino Glass Art
01-27-2010, 10:35 PM
Thanks man! I really dig your interest and dedication in taking up glass!! Oh yeah, this is my first attempt at a snorkel carb also!! Made it a lil too big but it looks like it'll work!

FizZle
01-27-2010, 10:35 PM
nice that bubbler looks sweet...

hippi
01-27-2010, 11:40 PM
Thanks man! I really dig your interest and dedication in taking up glass!! Oh yeah, this is my first attempt at a snorkel carb also!! Made it a lil too big but it looks like it'll work!

thanks dude ya snorke carbs a cool... never used anything with one but the fuctionality is proly awesome..

Fiorino Glass Art
01-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Here's the final product out of kiln. Gettin a lil better with the pics.

NUBBLET
01-28-2010, 03:52 PM
Looks dif with dark backing , in the kiln you could tell it was blue , now hard to see the blue .

I like the background thing tho , it gives a sensual look .

wieseatron
01-28-2010, 05:54 PM
Cool bub, I've been meaning to try the snorkle carb. Any comments about the assembly of it?

Fiorino Glass Art
01-28-2010, 08:00 PM
Yeah, it did darken up with the black backing, but it does look a lil more sensual! haha.

As far as the snorkel goes, like I said, it was my first try. But I would say make sure you scale it to size and check it with the piece you're putting it on. I made mine a lil too big. Ummm, make sure you got a big enough hole in on the bottom of it for a good weld when you stick it on. Brace up, then smooth in the weld. It def would be easier if you have a hand torch to get in the lil crevice in between the inside of the carb and out side of the can.

It's nothing too crazy, as long as you gotta good brace, it's on straight, and getta good weld in. Thanks for lookin!!!

Fiorino Glass Art
01-28-2010, 08:01 PM
Also, I think i just used claw grabbers to hold onto it when putting it on, but you could also use a cold seal punty.

Slimy-E
01-28-2010, 08:16 PM
i cant figure out what tec u did the color with. want to share? is it inside out on blue tube?

Fiorino Glass Art
01-28-2010, 08:55 PM
haha, It's actually a blowin. Coiled up some cobalt, melt, strip with stringer, melt, then blow into a cup. The snorkel is actually 16 mil, coated in yellow, striped with stringer, then encased with 4 mil.

FizZle
01-28-2010, 09:37 PM
haha...i have that same black back drop....i use the plain black velvet side sometimes when i display when vending...

Slimy-E
01-28-2010, 09:40 PM
i saw the bubbles and thought maybe, but on the blow ins i try i dont thing the yellow would have stayed that clear

Fiorino Glass Art
01-28-2010, 10:05 PM
Yeah, that's the second blow in I've ever done. The yellow did wash out a lil.

Slimy-E
01-28-2010, 10:24 PM
the glass i was trying to use for blow ins is really big and wont fit through my bead door on the kiln, so ive had bad luck with them cracking. i think cause what im blowing into is too cold. but before they crack blue caramel blow ins look green and gold and sick, then the next day --tink---

Fiorino Glass Art
01-28-2010, 10:26 PM
Yeah, gotta get that cup hot.

Fiorino Glass Art
01-31-2010, 04:40 PM
So here's some pics of the work me and Bob (ccbob) did yesterday. It was cold as hell but we still gotta whole kilns worth of pieces done! This was my first real attempt at sculptural work. Once again thanks to Bob for showing me the way. You may underestimate yourself but your work is awesome!! The spinning and woven work is def a skill you must practice for a good while!!!

You can tell which ones are bobs and which ones are mine! haha Bob's double vortex marble is some dope ass shit too!!!:D

On the tree, Bob made the branches and base, then I made the leaves a put them on. Collab motherfuckers!!!

The Cheese
01-31-2010, 04:45 PM
he he he... are those horses doin' it?

Fiorino Glass Art
01-31-2010, 05:12 PM
You bet!

Slimy-E
01-31-2010, 08:45 PM
man i busted out laughing when i got to that one. nice work!

wieseatron
01-31-2010, 11:17 PM
Nice blow in I thought it might have been the chinese blue tube encased at first...

hippi
01-31-2010, 11:42 PM
wow! that humming bird and flower are sick! the horse on horse action is funny to haha! awesome work guys! i wish i had a bigger studio to have a buddy come chill..soon enough though...in the next 6-10months i should have a much bigger place.. lol i already want a phantom.. keep up the good work! that lacing is just trippy..major hand control

faded
02-01-2010, 12:35 AM
i lol'ed. :)

Fiorino Glass Art
02-02-2010, 01:12 AM
Couple I did today. One for a guy, one for a girl. Gettin fairly decent with the iso. Hopefully you guys will be seeing a lil more non pipe art from me soon. Just need to practice it and get outa pipe mode!!:twitch:

Fiorino Glass Art
02-23-2010, 12:20 PM
First and foremost I'd like to thank Ian (constant flow) for having Bob and I over this past Sunday and hooking us up fat with glass!! Thanks so much my man!!!

Just a bub I made for some kid, who really liked it and kept leaving me messages on how much he liked it. The fume turned out really good, but the mouthpiece is kinda funked up.

Then these three marbles were the first ones I've done on my own, now that I have a marble mold. I was really surprised on how that flower implosion turned out. Just like kobuki!! Well not really, but close!!!

And the two dot implosion marbles are with black lightning. This is the first time I've used it so any suggestions would be great!!! Thanks for looking!!

cc_bob
02-23-2010, 06:20 PM
Marbles are looking really good, watch out they're addicting.

Slimy-E
02-23-2010, 07:27 PM
Nice marbles, and thanks for driving out here, You guys are welcome anytime!

Fiorino Glass Art
02-23-2010, 08:46 PM
Yeah, I'm starting to find that out. haha

Thanks for having us out Ian! Really looking forward to future business!!

Fiorino Glass Art
02-25-2010, 12:40 PM
Man my thread is dead...here's another bub made for my sis. Spring purple, ruby, and lazuli. Lazuli is a dope blue and I would highly suggest it!

I can only snap one pic and it's shitty, gotta charge the batteries and i'll have more.

Fiorino Glass Art
02-25-2010, 10:39 PM
I forgot to add....

I'm doing a 4/20 glass raffle fundraiser for the Pittsburgh NORML in Pittsburgh. They're going get glass artists to donate pipes and raffle them off to raise funds for norml. It's in a club/bar that's in a renovated church so it's going to be set up like an upscale casual art gallery. I'm really looking to throw them some nice pieces.

My shit right now is just simple prodo. I mean, I really practice my tech and refine it down as much as I can, although there are so many different variations of tech. But I really feel a lot of progression and have learned a lot the past year or so. But I tend to not explore around different tech due to this. That, and I don't have a job and am trying to get by with the loot I make of selling pipes at wholesale price to shops so I really can't afford to experiment and waste material.

So any suggestions anyone can give me to kick me in the ass and step my game up for this would be much appreciated. I'm really looking to make some nice solid colored, lined tube bubs for them. I really like that wider flatter base on bubs, so any help with that would be awesome. I'm clueless, cuz right now for the bottom can I blow in inline bubble on the blotube end, then when I attach the stem tear off, clean up, heat up and flatten. So like I said, anything that would really make my work look better would help me out so much and I would be grateful for that.

I'm not getting payed straight up for the donation, obviously, but dude said I'll be well taken care of for the entire time. And I think this will be good glass karma for me giving and helping out. I really want to do it more in the future for different causes. So like I said, any help with what I've said would be awesome. Sorry for the babbling, i'm just kinda stuck right now and you guys have always gotten be unstuck!!

AlSO!!! If anyone if the area around Pittsburgh would be interested in participating and donating some glass for this event please PM me and I'll give you the details and go from there. Thanks and much love to all you and the melting pot!!

hippi
02-25-2010, 11:05 PM
cool pieces dude!!!! man i cant wait till i get my kiln so i can start making pipes and 2 piece pieces.. marbles are lookin dope to! i need a marble mold! people say it can be done without but its hard... how do you do the ones with the fume?

good work keep the pix commin

peace hippi

CheeseNip
02-26-2010, 12:13 AM
nice bubb, that spring purple looks really nice, and from what i can see so does the lazuli. are those Borostix Colors? ive only used a few of em.

Jeremy D.N.
02-26-2010, 12:42 AM
some kid, who really liked it and kept leaving me messages on how much he liked it.

haha, you know that as he got more and more use out of it, he kept remembering to say thanks. then again a couple minutes later haha

Fiorino Glass Art
02-26-2010, 01:23 AM
Sweeney- Borostix are def good. They really don't boil easily. The only one i've had problems with is ivy green. Really shocky. But I would def suggest borostix they're cheap and good. Especially the white.

Right on Regis! I think dude was a lightweight..hahaha

cc_bob
02-26-2010, 05:21 AM
Your sister's gonna like that one! Lets see how long all that color lasts you:D

Fiorino Glass Art
02-26-2010, 04:32 PM
Yeah, she loved it. Now I'm sixty dollars richer and I'm getting drunk this weekend!! Wooohoooo!!

Once I start stacking full color, yeah, I'll be using that color up good!! But i usually order whenever I'm like half way through my stuff. So I can build up on stock instead of using it all, then ordering more.

Slimy-E
02-26-2010, 05:25 PM
I can never use the last rod of any color, so I have one rod that i just won't use. does't do me any good, but i just don't want to fully run out. Color is like crack for me!

I love all those purple boro stix you got, might have to get some my self!

Fiorino Glass Art
02-26-2010, 07:21 PM
Yeah, that's a really nice purple. I still gotta try out that eggplant and indigo. Although, they look a lil darker in shade.

Fiorino Glass Art
02-28-2010, 01:22 AM
Bump for drunk stupidd comments...wasted..hahaha, fuck yall haha

The Cheese
02-28-2010, 01:43 AM
I got a voice mail a couple weeks ago that must have been a random drunk dialed call. The guy was doing a really shitty merle haggard impression.

Have fun nursing that hangover tomorrow

Fiorino Glass Art
02-28-2010, 02:08 AM
haha, no hang over, just a gong ash catcher fix....hahah... maybe?!?!

Merle Haggard? (info?)

NUBBLET
02-28-2010, 05:49 AM
wtf Merle Haggard , do a search .

Try M.I.R.V. Haggard as well , just do M.I.R.V. band

Fiorino Glass Art
02-28-2010, 04:43 PM
haha, when your shitfaced....google is the last thing on your mind...man I don't even remember that shit!! Good thing I don't drink often...

Fiorino Glass Art
03-03-2010, 06:38 PM
First was a tube fix I did for a guy. I just needed to replace all the downstems, new bowl head, and ash catcher. This was my first time using gong joints and it went fairly well! Turned out good and the guy was very pleased!

Then last is a wrap n rake hammer i did. I really haven't done any wrap n rakes and decided to really give it a good try and make it a good one. Turned out good except the black lightning i milked out due to incorrect flame settings. I really like hammer though and really wanna make more of em. Lil easier than making stand ups! Thanks for looking and lemme know what ya guys think!! Oh yeah, made my first galaxy marble, and I must say, dichro is ablingin!!! Def gotta order me some!

Fiorino Glass Art
03-03-2010, 06:43 PM
First was a tube fix I did for a guy. I just needed to replace all the downstems, new bowl head, and ash catcher. This was my first time using gong joints and it went fairly well! Turned out good and the guy was very pleased!

Then last is a wrap n rake hammer i did. I really haven't done any wrap n rakes and decided to really give it a good try and make it a good one. Turned out good except the black lightning milked out due to incorrect flame settings. I really like hammer though and really wanna make more of em. Lil easier than making stand ups! Thanks for looking and lemme know what ya guys think!! Oh yeah, made my first galaxy marble, and I must say, dichro is ablingin!!! Def gotta order me some!

Fiorino Glass Art
03-07-2010, 12:13 AM
So this afternoon (haha) when I woke up, I wanted to work some glass. But I didn't want to work some prodo. I already made about 150 in sales for the week. I decided I wanted to take a personal day and make myself a piece.

I made a stemless disk diffuser but it was really janky and cracked, but worked and gave it to my buddy. So I decided here's what I'm going to do....

First color tube pull(fire, water, earth), first wig wags, first reversals, first enclamo and first non cracked disk diffy tube!!!! What a good day of experimentation and fun and believe me, the thing works great!!!

Gotta spiral out my terminations more, and could have blown the base out a lil more. Actually broke the female gong stem but ripped it off and fixed it. I'm so happy to make something that isn't in a shop at all around me!! So much fun and finally manned up!!! Hit me up and lemme know what tha haps!!!:chilling::D:evilLaugh:shifty:

Slimy-E
03-07-2010, 09:37 AM
Wow thats the shizzle, nice tube pull also!

Fiorino Glass Art
03-07-2010, 11:10 AM
The tube pull actually turned out awesome! So if anyone asks....YES you can do a tube pull on a midrange!!

CheeseNip
03-07-2010, 01:11 PM
niiice bro. good work on that.

Fiorino Glass Art
03-27-2010, 11:55 AM
So last night, my buddy Jake came over and said he wanted to do some work. 9 times out of 10 Jake will ask me to do something I've never done before. He was the one that had me do that disk diffy. Now he wanted an inline so the game was on!!

And it went very well!! Really the only bump in the road was the down stem, really didn't pop the holes straight down, and ended up breaking the first one. But overall I wouldn't say that's too bad for my first inline!!

It's so much better than pumping out ISO prodo allllllllll day long! haha So thanks to my buddy Jake for giving me an experimental day in glass and pushing my boundaries to better me as a glass artist!:D

Cheers to the coming of nice weather also!!:D:party:

hippi
03-27-2010, 12:50 PM
nice dude your gettin down with tubes! you drop that diffuser in there just like droppin a stem in a bub?.. nice work dude!

Tylerdurdin
03-27-2010, 03:58 PM
Awsome tubes man, im on a midrange to, good to know how far it can take me! Really intresting stuff keep on postin!

wieseatron
03-27-2010, 04:47 PM
that looks sweet
what sized tube did you use for the mouth piece chamber?

Fiorino Glass Art
03-27-2010, 08:26 PM
Thanks guys!! yeah hippi it's pretty much a downstem like a bubbler, then you gotta cap it of with a triple seal, then attach your bowl head/gong joint to that.

Wisetron, I think it's 38 mil? In between 32 and 44 mil.

Fiorino Glass Art
06-02-2010, 02:40 PM
Man o man I haven't updated this in forever!!!! I didn't have a camera for a lil bit. Actually gotta part time job in the kitchen, so that will help support the glass!!!

This is some stuff I've been up to lately. Nice thick iso pipes. I've been fuckin around with iso frit and get cracking every time. (as you can see in that frit bub) That's with blowing out thin and condensing three times also!! That's my first goblet I ever made also!!! Actually really only pumped it out in like 15 minutes!!! First rohndell (sp) also!!! I can actually trace my family roots back to Venice so maybe it's in my blood!?!?! Only melting more glass will tell!!

Then the green bub is prolly my best piece to date!! My welds are beautifully even, stem lines up with the can fairly nice and my first disk mouthpiece and use of a temporary bridge!!! Thanks for looking and more to come!!!!:D:D

TheGlassTree
06-02-2010, 02:59 PM
Green on green is so hard on the eyes to see what's goin on with your piece... I would suggest maybe a solid white or black background with some difused lightning

Fiorino Glass Art
06-02-2010, 03:09 PM
Yeah, they were just quick pics. The color really isn't crazy, just iso lines twisted, just really trying to show off the shape.

Slimy-E
06-02-2010, 03:45 PM
Looking dam good!

Pogo
06-02-2010, 04:14 PM
I dig 'em.

FizZle
06-03-2010, 12:37 AM
lookin good bro...rockin out!

Fiorino Glass Art
06-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Thank yall!!!

byron3
06-03-2010, 12:33 PM
Good looking spoons, do those color combos sell well for you ??

Fiorino Glass Art
06-03-2010, 03:56 PM
They're both actually custom orders...in a sense. Dude wanted browns colors, and chick wanted purple and green. I really don't sell to shops anymore, I get better money from street sales.

Fiorino Glass Art
06-07-2010, 11:40 AM
Here's my second inline I made. It went very smooth. Still kinda workin on my gog welds. I need to get some graphite tape. Already sold!!!! Thanks for looking and once again I can't thank the community of glass artist enough!! You guys are very kind and beautiful people and I wouldn't be here if you guys weren't so fucking awesome!!!!!:bouncy::chilling::D

The Madhatter
06-07-2010, 11:58 AM
Bummer about the crack on the bub. I like the 3 braces in back, looks nice. You think it broke because of the green? I try to keep it away from anything nice I try... I just got tired of being frustrated with it over the years. Outside work and it looks awesome and no cracking...

Pimp-tastic red piece, pain in the ass to pop all those diffuser holes, but you made it look pretty nice. +1

kirill
10-07-2010, 09:31 AM
cool!