10-08-2009, 04:30 AM
check em out.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=31823332

Glow Joe
10-08-2009, 07:49 AM
Sweet!!!!

metalbone
10-08-2009, 08:02 AM
They look nicely built. How about some close-ups and discussion of why they are better or what you can do with these tips compared to others?

Greymatter Glass
10-09-2009, 08:51 PM
They stay crunchy no matter how long they're in milk.

NOFO
10-10-2009, 01:55 AM
got to use shelbo's tip at AGI..... if you have a premix hand torch / bench burner .. these tips are awesome !!!

shelbo
10-10-2009, 04:04 AM
as listed on etsy,

There are new premix torch tips available that were designed specifically with the glassworkers in mind. Shelbo Whisper Tips have researched with glassblowers for quite some time to develop a premix torch tip that would offer quality, versatility, and a different perspective on what a torch flame meant for glass should be. There are five tips available with different amounts of holes and orifice patterns. I offer 3, 7, 13, 31, and 55 hole tips that will fit any torch with a 7/16” – 24 male threaded connection such as National 3A and 3B, Nortel (with threaded premix Minor option), and the Carlisle High Capacity Hand Torch. Each orifice is drilled with extreme precision using a CNC machine and a 15/1000 of an inch sized bit. The average hole size in most premix tips is double that or more. This has Shelbo Whisper Tips achieving clear advantages in the categories of fuel efficiency, flame setting variables, and glass workability. All sizes of tips can be used on soft glass and borosilicate. Whisper Tips are perfect for making beads, sculpture, marbles, all sized blown work, and scientific apparatus, also for polishing punty marks, fixing cracks, tight areas with small welds and more. For more info, pictures or questions please send an email to mikeshelbo [!at] gmail.com.

shelbo
10-10-2009, 04:06 AM
the tips arent for blowing glass they are for melting ice cream.

xlconch
10-10-2009, 06:46 AM
Is that why they stay crunchy in milk?

shelbo
10-15-2009, 04:22 AM
thats exactly why.

metalbone
10-15-2009, 06:12 AM
my guess is that a distant and close up shot of the flame from each tip size would go a long way to moving these beauties both here and etsy.

When I buy fire, I need to see it first.

faded
10-15-2009, 09:14 AM
as listed on etsy,

There are new premix torch tips available that were designed specifically with the glassworkers in mind. Shelbo Whisper Tips have researched with glassblowers for quite some time to develop a premix torch tip that would offer quality, versatility, and a different perspective on what a torch flame meant for glass should be. There are five tips available with different amounts of holes and orifice patterns. I offer 3, 7, 13, 31, and 55 hole tips that will fit any torch with a 7/16” – 24 male threaded connection such as National 3A and 3B, Nortel (with threaded premix Minor option), and the Carlisle High Capacity Hand Torch. Each orifice is drilled with extreme precision using a CNC machine and a 15/1000 of an inch sized bit. The average hole size in most premix tips is double that or more. This has Shelbo Whisper Tips achieving clear advantages in the categories of fuel efficiency, flame setting variables, and glass workability. All sizes of tips can be used on soft glass and borosilicate. Whisper Tips are perfect for making beads, sculpture, marbles, all sized blown work, and scientific apparatus, also for polishing punty marks, fixing cracks, tight areas with small welds and more. For more info, pictures or questions please send an email to mikeshelbo [!at] gmail.com.

going in circles. :bouncy::bouncy:

shelbo
10-19-2009, 02:12 AM
working on some short videos of the flame running out of the different tips. will post links when ready. thanks. questions can be sent directly to my gmail or just pm on here.

Vapor Glass
10-19-2009, 12:53 PM
i rock a shelbo tip. they rock. tiny gtt like candles on your icecream cake.

chayes
10-21-2009, 06:17 PM
Best Premix Torch Tips on Market

Indeed

Lub
10-22-2009, 02:34 PM
Oh, if it's for ice cream melting, count me in, my freezer is way too cold. I know little about premix. I have two beaten up nationals, these tips would fit it, correct?

Jimi The Don
10-29-2009, 06:36 AM
very super interested in vids of your tips, and i mean that in a totally non sexual way...especially the 3 hole (still non sexual) for welds and the 50 hole (totally sexual). what would the shipping be to 02881?

shelbo
11-17-2009, 03:21 AM
these tips fit national 3a or 3b.

jimmi - videos are on the check list. i will post links here immediately when i get em. and shipping is 5 bucks USPS priority mail.

dorkeedude
12-18-2009, 12:54 AM
Not that it matters, but if you offer 3, 7, 13, 31, and 55 hole tips then why do you show a 7, 13, 31, 55, and a 85 hole tip on esty? It really doesn't matter, I just thought it was interesting. I'm interested in the 55 hole tip, but was wondering how big of a flame it produces, and the dementions of the tip, like how long it is and how big the face is. Thanks.

chayes
12-18-2009, 05:41 PM
Is the 85 something new?

dorkeedude
12-18-2009, 09:35 PM
I don't know, but it would be cool if it was the same price! I'll send him a mesage on esty asking.

Bo Diddles
12-19-2009, 07:48 AM
I want one, but it says they're sold out...

ornametalsmith
12-19-2009, 09:06 AM
85?????? holey shitoley.............who knew.....now I WANT ONE TOO..:twitch:

ALIEN!
12-19-2009, 12:10 PM
wow, that 85 hole tip would be the cats ass for anyone with an 8M/ rider setup. The smaller ports should give a better heat and possibly efficiency. Wish I had had one on mine. I want to see these in action.

dorkeedude
12-19-2009, 03:35 PM
I sent him a PM on esty when he responds I'll tell you all what he says about the 85, and when stuff will not be sold out! I'm really wanting the 55, but if I could get the 85 that would be cool too!
:bouncy:

dorkeedude
12-20-2009, 06:12 PM
He said he no longer make's these 85 hole tips because the 55 hole is the top end of the design where the tip is versatile between large and small flame settings.
I didn't ask him if you can custom order different sizes, but I'll leave that up to someone else.

ornametalsmith
12-20-2009, 07:36 PM
He said he no longer make's these 85 hole tips because the 55 hole is the top end of the design where the tip is versatile between large and small flame settings.
I didn't ask him if you can custom order different sizes, but I'll leave that up to someone else.

did he say when they'd be available again?......the 55 sounds sweeeeeeet.

dorkeedude
12-20-2009, 07:40 PM
He relisted it, so you can get it from esty, or he said you can just send him an email.

mouseclone
12-28-2009, 11:37 AM
Looks like the price jumped $5. I hate I missed this now that I found out my N-2 is not for oxy mix. Guess I'm going to need to do something.

dorkeedude
12-28-2009, 01:28 PM
Yeah, I noticed it was $5 more also, so with shipping its $60.

Master Yoda
01-02-2010, 02:46 PM
Bump, Bump, Bump

These things are great! I run off an oxy con so efficiency means the world to me. Have to say that Shelbo is the man for offering such a great product. Just switched my whole tip collection over from HTC tips.

chayes
01-02-2010, 06:11 PM
What about those who wanna use bigger flames. I use a redmax hand torch some times and I consider that a larger hand torch. I think it would be great to have bigger shelbo tips even it they don't go down small. I definitely couldn't be happier with the 55 i got. Anyway i'd buy a bigger one, it doesn't have to be versatile between large and small. a 225 hole would rock.:crazy::HOT:

dorkeedude
01-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Send him a message, he might do special order stuff, but I don't know!:spend: If he did It probably would costs more!

chayes
01-04-2010, 03:51 PM
I was just throwing it out there saying there are those of us that don't care if the flame goes small. If he makes em, I'm sure they would sell unless they aren't efficient. So i guess the question is how is the large flame on the larger tips?

dorkeedude
01-04-2010, 05:15 PM
Good question!:cool2:

mouseclone
01-29-2010, 10:05 AM
So, I got my tip in yesterday and didn't even care about dinner until I fired it up. let also say that my only experience on the torch has been with a phantom, lynks, and the national 3a/b that I have.

Saying that the Phantom will get a bigger flame, but the 55 tip is about the same as a lynks, and I have to say, hot as hell. I can rage much better on the 55tip than the ox-3 i have been working on. In fact, I cranked out a spoon in about 20 minutes, clear of course, on the 55tip.

Worth every gram of copper spent. I was a little put off by the price increase, but if there is demand, then why not. I think that I would have given more for it. Mike was really easy to work with and responded to emails quick enough. I'm sure he doesn't sit at the computer like I do all day.

+1