PDA

View Full Version : JD from Pittsburgh hoping to fire torch back up soon

jdsglass
10-17-2009, 08:44 AM
Hello everyone,

Haven't worked glass in a few years, hoping to get torch set back up soon. Thought I'd join the forum to see what's going on these days.

Justin

yinzer
10-17-2009, 11:52 AM
man were gettin a crew up here, eh? pittsburgh is the new austin, minus the rediculous hats

yinzer
10-17-2009, 12:03 PM
... and the free credit report dot com guy

yinzer
10-17-2009, 12:05 PM
...and that crazy drunk bitch that lives down there

mer
10-17-2009, 12:25 PM
hehe

Fiorino Glass Art
11-13-2009, 01:18 PM
I hate that free credit guy, I wanna smash that guitar he's NOT playing over hit head! I wonder if he even writes those songs?? haha, but anyways, I actually lived in Pittsburgh for that last three years. That's where I actually got started. I really didn't have enough time to torch cuz I was running a kitchen on Mt Washington. The Shiloh, if any of you guys been there. But anyways, I moved back to my hometown in Ohio and really got to work with glass out here. Which leads me to my next step, once I start getting steady income, I might move back out to the Burgh for a couple months to take a couple classes at the Pittsburgh Glass Center. Wish I started sooner so I could have hooked up with you guys!! Hopefully if all goes right, I'll see you guys soon!

RaindropRising
11-17-2009, 08:25 AM
Hey all.

I'm Drew, fairly new to the site and glasswork in general. I'm living in Pittsburgh and I'm looking to learn flameworking better. I've got a setup at my house, anyone in Pittsburgh that has been flameworking for a while please feel free to come over and use my equipment free of charge. Keep what you make, just let me watch you work and explain the methods you are using.

Justin, ever need a place to work just PM me and I can help you out. I'm a rookie, but I have a Carlisle CC, aim-99 LS, and I'm getting 30 pounds of medium wall 44mm tubing soon. I don't have many color rods however... But I do have a 300 watt bass amp hooked up to a stereo as well... couldn't live without it.

But that goes for anyone in this thread. I really want to learn, and get involved in the glass community; as of now I'm kind of out of the loop.

And if any of you are kind enough to let me come to your shop and watch as you work I will help you in any way that I can; wiping down surfaces, cleaning glass with windex, sweeping, mopping, washing, whatever I can do to make it worth while.

Thanks guys

yinzer
11-18-2009, 06:43 AM
I hate that free credit guy, I wanna smash that guitar he's NOT playing over hit head!

lol i was reffering to a certain member of the austin crew as the free credit report dot com guy. hes ok, i dont think we need to smash a guitar over his head.

Fiorino Glass Art
11-18-2009, 01:11 PM
Oh, right on, he's cool haha, but the real free credit report dot com guy's gonna get it!