PDA

View Full Version : some stuff from France

alain villechange
11-20-2005, 10:55 AM
http://www.villechange.org

Greymatter Glass
11-20-2005, 11:28 AM
Alain, beutiful work, thank you for sharing....

back to looking :)

Monkythrowpoop
11-20-2005, 12:28 PM
Great work Alain! Very clean and unique style, I love it.

Ben

borealisglass
11-20-2005, 12:43 PM
love it

firedanceglass
11-20-2005, 12:53 PM
WOW!!! BEAUTIFUL work!!! Please share some more.....:D
~peace~
Melanie

Racer X
11-20-2005, 11:14 PM
Very fresh looking stuff. Excuse my ignorance of the Flameworking in France... but are there alot of flameworkers? Out of what I have seen so far I am favoring your work. I would also be interested in knowing if this is borosilicate or soda-lime glass. My guess is boro. I wish I could read in French...

But yes... nice work. It seems you have a bit of a Lauscha kind of look to your work... maybe even some Italian influence... but it is unique looking stuff nonetheless and you have a good style that I'm sure has a strong following. Thanks for posting.

alain villechange
11-21-2005, 12:36 AM
Blown Lampwork in France is dying. We're something like 15 to continue to blow glass at the torch for artistic work. But beads making is very popular.
The glass is Boro, but I work soda-lime to. I've worked 8 month with Karl Heinz Ittig in Germany and I've met Kurt Wallstab (who have developed the Lausha "Montage" technic) during this time.The pieces on the photo are typical of "Montage" technic but made in Boro.

Racer X
11-21-2005, 07:56 AM
Hahaha, Hans is a trip (Karls son). I've watched a few Videos of Walstabh and kind of thought that must be one of the inspirations behind the techs. Thanks for answering my silly questions.

IrieGuy05
11-21-2005, 10:47 AM
I like how it is mostly montage with clear and a bit of color, simple but really elegant. How many diffrent colors do you have in boro? Looks like a lot of their colors are softer and in square rods, kinda like the ital rods.

alain villechange
11-21-2005, 11:04 AM
I like how it is mostly montage with clear and a bit of color, simple but really elegant. How many diffrent colors do you have in boro? Looks like a lot of their colors are softer and in square rods, kinda like the ital rods.
The colored boro was made in France by Ludovic Guittet with who I've worked two years making the rods. Like you say this glass was softer than american one but the rods are not square. He've made 28 colours but I'm just using 14 .

mountainflame
11-21-2005, 06:08 PM
merci beaucoup alain, c'est tres jolie.

well it's been 25 years since i studied in france so i suck at writing it now but i can still read it o k.

so anyway i went to the links (liens) on alain's page and found a forum for glassworkers like this one but, of course in french, what a trip. Think i'll sign up and check it out.

it's sad to see glassblowing declining in europe, we here in america have much to learn.

in my view there's only one reason that north american glassblowing is so viberant, pipemaking, like it or not was and is the catalist for the progress we have enjoyed.

props to the pipemakers :pimp:

thanks for showing us your cool site alain.

PEACE jim

gypsea
11-22-2005, 06:19 AM
such beautiful pieces....!
thank you for posting here alain....and welcome!