PDA

View Full Version : Fell of the glass truck yesterday.

oddbrain
01-14-2010, 08:48 AM
My name is Albert de Lorenzo.

Two weeks ago I was a happy artist and poet, now I am a crazed glass junkie and haven't even bent my first rod in a flame.

Its a sad tale but true. There I was looking for a gift for my wife, it ended up being a Paragon SC-2, when I stumbled across the world of lamp working while researching her gift.

I now have a basic set of tools, a Carlisle Mini CC, and a sinking feeling in my mind that I may have stepped off the edge.

As soon as the Respironics M 10 arrives I will fire her up and start screwing up some glass.

LOL, just glad to be here.

I think!

berning
01-14-2010, 09:11 AM
from one junkie to another, it's only gonna get worse, and then you'll get better. good luck ,have fun

Slimy-E
01-14-2010, 10:05 AM
the shakes are pretty normal, just try to get some torch time in before your day job and you should make it to the end of the day. if it gets bad you can keep a hot head torch in your desk and sneak making a bead at lunch.:oh:

berning
01-14-2010, 10:12 AM
the shakes are pretty normal, just try to get some torch time in before your day job and you should make it to the end of the day. if it gets bad you can keep a hot head torch in your desk and sneak making a bead at lunch.:oh:

i sold my business and all the equipment.......i couldn't do both...... now all i do is melt glass ...... accept lampwork and it's warm embrace.

oddbrain
01-14-2010, 10:13 AM
from one junkie to another, it's only gonna get worse, and then you'll get better. good luck ,have fun

wor...wor...worse...gulp...

themoch
01-14-2010, 10:14 AM
My name is Andrew. And it's almost been 20 hours since I melted something. I am an addict.

You've come to the right place. Welcome

oddbrain
01-14-2010, 10:15 AM

LOL, great advice...

Bo Diddles
01-14-2010, 10:16 AM
Two years in, and I can't get enough. Welcome to the addiction.

oddbrain
01-14-2010, 10:20 AM
My name is Andrew. And it's almost been 20 hours since I melted something. I am an addict.

You've come to the right place. Welcome

Everything in place but the oxycon and glass.

Oxycon being shipped Friday.

Will get seconds and odds rods shortly thereafter.

....and OddBrain Glass is born....

oddbrain
01-14-2010, 10:25 AM
Two years in, and I can't get enough. Welcome to the addiction.

the old oddbrain is on overtime thinking about the possibilities...

being a newbie...everything is possible...

things I may not try with more experience are fair game now...

thanks for the welcome...

glassdocnc
01-14-2010, 12:24 PM

Funny, I was actually considering a portable setup (B-8 with propane tank and aquarium pump, vermiculite for cooling) for that mid-day fix.

oddbrain
01-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Funny, I was actually considering a portable setup (B-8 with propane tank and aquarium pump, vermiculite for cooling) for that mid-day fix.

Thanks, I see I'm in good hands. LOL

dislexei
01-15-2010, 01:18 AM

yeah what he said! I got to be at work by 3 pm. If i get home and in bed by two I'm lucky to squeeze in a couple hours before work. If I go to bed now at three I can get up and get two hours in. If not i get the itch and twitch for work and end up dropping wine glasses...... I was trying to convince them to let me set up a shop and make wine glasses at the restaurant. .... No go on that so far.

Aussie
01-15-2010, 09:04 AM
I now have ... a sinking feeling in my mind that I may have stepped off the edge.

yup, you're fucked now!
Welcome to the flipside :D

oddbrain
01-15-2010, 04:43 PM
yup, you're fucked now!
Welcome to the flipside :D

That's the nicest thing anyone has said to me in a long time.

Thanks. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

glassfreek
01-17-2010, 10:31 AM
Almost 20 years in glass and still learning and still just as exiting as the first day.

Mike

oddbrain
01-17-2010, 04:28 PM
Almost 20 years in glass and still learning and still just as exiting as the first day.

Mike

I am not surprised to hear that. I have yet to heat a rod, but can sense the magic already.

Oxygen Generator should have shipped Friday. By next Friday I should have dropped my first blob of molten glass on the table, lol.

GlassFreak
01-19-2010, 04:44 PM
glass is a great way to get out artistic expretion, anything is possable.