PDA

View Full Version : Plasma!

Plasma Pipes
02-01-2010, 12:06 AM
Hey there, glad to be part of this inspired community. I've been doing plasma work for coming on thirty years, filling the first 30" globes and bending the smallest 2mm mini neon. I've done production on and off for over a decade and now am combining knowledge to put forth a line of plasma pipes. Bright colors, great living light action, all clear glass. I'm working on covering some ground with the crew over at Cornerstone and would love to hook up with some more blowers who want to get in on the light action to either collab, have a piece filled, or get in on production. I'll be teaching classes over at EGS and Glasscraft later in the year and overall am immersing once again in this craft that's been part of my life since I was 18 cutting glass for crackle tubes for the inventor of the plasma ball. Watch for pics of new pipes and new art, and check out our website www.plasmapipes.com. Let's keep on, dedicated to what we love. Peace... Zar

Big Jay
02-01-2010, 12:19 AM
bad ass!

Big Jay
02-01-2010, 12:20 AM
bad ass!

Slimy-E
02-01-2010, 12:24 AM
wow. that is cool. wish i was on the west coast!

HOSS
02-01-2010, 12:24 AM
Love it, always been interested in the possibilities of combining pipes and plasma. Had a look around your site earlier, awesome stuff. May have to buy one of these off you at the very least, a class at glasscraft is tempting as well. :contempla Would having a piece filled need to be for locals only, or is it something that could conceivably be done through the mail?

TheGlassTree
02-01-2010, 12:31 AM
count me in on that class!

Pogo
02-01-2010, 12:53 AM
:drool:

Aussie
02-01-2010, 01:28 AM
Great work, mate! Gotta love the phosphor! I'd love to do some collabs with you, but we're a bit far apart, maybe one time when I'm over there, or you're over here. I've made a few pipes with plasma in the past, but never got into it too deeply. Unfortunately it's a reputation thing, and I don't want to get a pipemaker rep on home turf. I'd love to, but it gets in the way of other stuff I do ... I wish it didn't.
here's me
http://www.flameworker.com/page20.htm
hit me up if you're down-under

Plasma Pipes
02-01-2010, 11:08 PM
Very cool we were checking out your work a while ago. I am glad so many people are working with the medium. I was lucky enough to be in on the first wave of plasma art,and have worked with many of the top neon/light sculptors. I would love to visit if ever down under. Keep up the good work, certainly let me know if you have any ideas to throw around or questions that i may be able to answer,Peace Rick Zar here is my little brother www.chetzar.com

The Lorax
02-01-2010, 11:26 PM
are these functional or is the plasma trapped inside of a pipe shape? i'd love to turn something like this into a glowing beauty, you really got a way with those gasses

http://www.GlassPipes.org/Gal38880_Circ_Perc_1.asp

Plasma Pipes
02-02-2010, 12:35 AM
Yep, the first two pics are functional bubblers.

network420
02-02-2010, 01:16 AM
Hi plasma pipes!
Awesome product!
My name is JD and I recently saw your pieces in the Green Room Smokeshop in Riverside CA. I am the former owner of that shop, and currently own another retail store here in soCal. I'm interested in your unique products and was wondering if you will be attending the CHAMPS show in Vegas in March, or if you sell to stores direct. I will be sure to check the site, Thanks!

Uriel
02-02-2010, 05:22 AM
excuse me i just came in my pants!!!

:D

Frickin awsome

kage
02-02-2010, 09:11 AM
PM sent :metalhead

byron3
02-02-2010, 01:12 PM
I always have the utmost respect for those that think out of the box.

Where does the power feed in at on those bubblers? How much power is required?

GlassFreak
02-02-2010, 05:08 PM
awsome, ive only seen one other pipe with plasma. id love to see more.