PDA

View Full Version : Hello

jbglass
02-01-2010, 10:16 PM
What's up guys!! My name's Jeff. This is my first post here and first off I would like to thank everybody here for making such a great place for lampers alike to converge and learn. I've been on the torch just over a year now.. Learning mostly from this forum. It's been a battle getting equipment together and getting as much time as I would like to be on the torch with my "real" job and what not, but i'm working on that and definatley will always work to push my limits and advance my skills no matter what it takes... This is my true passion and im so phsyced and grateful to be meltin glass.

Now I just got a Mirage from Kim on this forum (THANKS SO MUCH) and I had brought it up to arcsource my O2 supplier to get some hoses put on to the barbed fittings (don’t have a crimp tool) so I could connect the dual lines to the Y’s I got. Now the guy there used a some soapy water to get the hoses over the barbs and I was just wondering is there gonna be residue or anything that’s gonna hurt my torch??? Really don’t wanna screw it up, but wanna get it ragin’ soo bad.. I also included some photos my setup of my workspace and also some work from the recent few weeks or month or so. Definitely lemme know what you guys think.. Thanks in advance.

Slimy-E
02-01-2010, 10:38 PM
your work and your setup looks great! id have trouble with my torch sticking out like that. i like to have a marver pad right next to it.

KahunaGlassArt
02-01-2010, 11:07 PM
welcome and keep the pics comin

jbglass
02-02-2010, 06:17 AM
your work and your setup looks great! id have trouble with my torch sticking out like that. i like to have a marver pad right next to it.

Thanks so much your comments are much appreciated. I hear what your saying bout the marver, yeah totaly bugs me out too. Very crammped in that space right now, come spring though i'm gonna redo my studio so there's more room and probably another station as well.

jbglass
02-02-2010, 06:20 AM
welcome and keep the pics comin

Thanks and for sure there'll more pics to come

The Lorax
02-02-2010, 09:06 AM
arcsource, where you located?

jbglass
02-02-2010, 05:08 PM
arcsource, where you located?

hey im in southeastern nh, you from the area? Nevermind juust noticed your location thing says north shore mass. You go there too i'm guessing?

Jimi The Don
02-03-2010, 12:15 AM
good work friend, welcome to the shit show officially..