PDA

View Full Version : HUGE announcement

Mr. Wonka
05-04-2010, 06:15 PM
Hi folks.

I would like to inform you that the potential for The Glass Blowing Center just got way bigger! Some of you may know that the house behind Wonka World went on the market several months ago. You also know that Elaine and I are working to build an educational glass center that you, your children, and your grandchildren will be able to use and enjoy. In order to do this, we saw the acquisition of this property as an important next step.

This is something we could not do alone, but it was something we needed to move on immediately so the property did not end up in the hands of a neighbor who might serve as a roadblock to future events.

We are proud to announce that Elaine and I have partnered with Henry and Susan from Glass Alchemy and Barry Lafler to acquire the house, garage, as well as 4+ acres of land, which will expand the size and potential of the facility!

We are very excited to have this opportunity and we are extremely fortunate to have friends like Henry, Susan and Barry who want to see The Glass Blowing Center become the premier educational facility for flameworking. Elaine and I started The Art Glass Invitational / AGI ten years ago as a way to bring people together. We are excited to see where this event is today and are thrilled by all the future opportunities that are gaining momentum.

We are still working through all the long term details, but Barry will be our new neighbor and Elaine and I will be working with Glass Alchemy and Barry now and into the future for the benefit of the entire glass community.

Once again, a big Thanks to Henry, Susan and Barry. We are excited to see where this new acquisition will take The Glass Blowing Center!

Much respect,

Tom and Elaine Doner
a.k.a., “Mr. and Mrs. Wonka”

Mecha
05-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Awesome!

schmoinkel
05-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Thats steller....Congrates

Scott

loydb
05-05-2010, 04:09 AM
You can finally put in that skate park! Excellent!

glassdocnc
05-05-2010, 04:17 AM
Fantastic!

nafglass
05-05-2010, 06:09 AM
That's great! So we can shower at Barry's house now?

RudeGirl
05-05-2010, 07:10 AM
Congratulations! Spread the knowledge!

Islandglass Man
05-05-2010, 07:12 AM
I just couldn't get enough AGI so I figured moving in would be the answer besides I like the neighbors .

All AGI showers will be televised on U tube !!

Anyone want to buy a house on Long Island?

Bear:bouncy::bouncy:

MUPH
05-05-2010, 08:52 AM
All AGI showers will be televised on U tube

Ummmm... we might wanna keep that one on Xtube

AGI just keeps getting better and better

colyerso
05-05-2010, 11:22 AM
Awesome!!! congratulations...:D

sevin dummerville
05-05-2010, 11:34 AM
WOW! 10 years in and you already own half of Pennsylvania!

Greymatter Glass
05-05-2010, 02:40 PM
New AGI slogan this year:

AGI: Bigger than Rhode Island.

Congrats guys! I think you should build a zip line from the new place to the Barry building.

Mr. Wonka
05-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Thanks everyone, we’re all very excited about this.

Below is a link to an aerial view (sort of) of what the grounds consist of. This is a photo of the tax map that I used to mark out our house, the Lewis Wilson Building, Barry’s house, and the beer tent so you have some reference… those of you that have been here will understand it a lot better (I omitted 5 additional buildings and the Partridge
Family Bus that are already here).

Everything in white is part of Wonka World, so as you can see there is more than enough room to do whatever we want to do. On the right side of the map is where we border on Big Don’s property. I would still like to petition the township to change the name of the town to “Glasstown Pennsylvania” : )

Some of the other plans we have for the future are:

-300’ waterslide built into the hillside on the new property (Bear’s idea)
-The back of Bear’s shop will be smoothed out and painted white for a “drive in
(actually an outdoor / sit in) theater” (my idea)
-Bungalows and campsites throughout the woods (all of our ideas)
-5 or 6 space RV Park
-Zip line from Barry’s to our place (our insurance company should LOVE that one)
-Private roads and paths throughout the grounds
-A pond with a waterfall (we have several natural springs we can use)

Tom Doner

http://users.csonline.net/glass/map03.jpg
*photo was too wide to post*

Sheilabear
05-05-2010, 09:42 PM
Great vision Tom! I can't wait to see it all unfold. Congratulations!!

themoch
05-06-2010, 08:29 AM
that's awesome tom!

i'm giving you guys a call in a min... you probably wont read this before your phone rings.

stackerson
05-06-2010, 01:33 PM
WOW...congrats. and thats effin fantastic. havent yet been to agi but sure have been wanting to go and hearing great things all the time. good for yall and all of us. sounds like a great concept and goal. plus, all that extra space means bigger, better, funner!! :)

turtleglass
05-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Congrats!! I cant wait till Aug for my first AGI

ALIEN!
05-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Tom, I don't know you, and you don't know me aside from my constant blabbering here, but if my perpetually broke ass ever makes it out there, imma pass out cold from your awesomeness. You do something for the thing I live, breathe, and love that is just impossible to count for in dollars and cents. If I land in anything hazardous please drag me to safety. Pretty girls usually make me come around back to conscientiousness. Just a forewarning. You are a god to me sir. You are the embodiment of what I consider righteousness. Thank you for your contributions to our mad world of glass and thank you for giving me an event to look forward to no matter how long it takes me to get there! Seriously, if someone asked me if I wanted tix to AGI of Burning Man I'd probably tear myself apart trying to decide.

KT-Old School Glass
05-07-2010, 05:20 AM
That is totally incredible!!!

I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone again. Need to be with some good people.

smutboy420
05-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Awesomeness tom. Just pure awesomness,

You can finally put in that skate park! Excellent!

I think it might be big enought to be a state park. lol

newmexicomagma
05-08-2010, 10:09 PM
that is fantastic guys. hopefully one of these years ill be able to make it back. but things sure have seemed to change alot since 07. keep your heads up and thanks for everything youve done and will do in the future.

CripSkillz
05-10-2010, 09:41 PM
Looks awesome.. only gona get better n better .. rock on./.

jane clifton
05-11-2010, 06:54 PM
WOW Tom, the news just keeps getting better and better!!! Can't wait to see you all this summer!!!

shelbo
05-13-2010, 04:31 PM
bravo and tallyho!

Greymatter Glass
05-14-2010, 04:47 PM
Is all the white paper area your land tom? We should annex the 2 little lots this year....totally.

Joe Blow
05-14-2010, 06:22 PM
beauty... can't wait to see what happens