PDA

View Full Version : new kimble from abr?

sanity7975
05-25-2010, 06:37 AM
any one checked out this new kimbe tubing at abr imagery?

just wondering what folks were thinking about it!

seems to make pretty nice honeycombs,

anyone have any thing else to say about it?

SNYD
05-25-2010, 07:09 AM
Send me a sample and I'll let you know. :)

Cosmo
05-25-2010, 07:19 AM
What's "new" about it? Is it different from the Kimble that has been around for years?

I'm glad to see it being available there though. I've had a hard time finding places that have it in stock recently.

sanity7975
05-25-2010, 07:20 AM
would let you try it free if you stop by!

you like northstar? kimble is the cullet for most of that,
same at ga too!

just wondering what folks think of the clear , shape consistancy etc!

i like it myself but who tf am i?

sanity7975
05-25-2010, 07:23 AM
new type of draw process, they are down drawing now not spinning mandrel, thus better!!! factory looks very clean and product looks great to me but would like consumer opinion. you know lots of folks say Asian glass is good but we just want some real world comparisons!

Firekist
05-25-2010, 07:58 AM
i looked at the price tag and balked, even with free shipping... so.. no other comment from me =(

z---the penny pincher-- seth

sanity7975
05-25-2010, 08:02 AM
hit me we can discuss pricing.
i was asking about quality.
you know you get what you pay for!

866-342-4764

byron3
05-25-2010, 08:09 AM
/\/\/\ Why do we have to talk, why not give everyone a "we talked price" ??

sanity7975
05-25-2010, 08:15 AM
because not everyone is the same!
silly question isnt it

really do you purchase as much as the next guy??

would it really be fair for a company who is working twice as much as another with higher volumes to get the same pricing as another who buys pieces of glass? not to mention the work involved in packing the box or skid.
basic economics man, it makes sense to hard workers!

where is your imagination any way ? never heard of that location? far out man

Cosmo
05-25-2010, 08:29 AM
i looked at the price tag and balked, even with free shipping... so.. no other comment from me =(

z---the penny pincher-- seth

It's cheaper than Simax.

Simax 25.4 x 4 x5' - $232.97/case - 25pcs. per case - $9.32/piece - $1.86/foot
Kimble 25 x 4 x 4' - $143.64/case - 24pcs. per case - $5.98/piece - $1.49/foot

Yeah, it's not as cheap as Asian glass, but it's much better. At least, back when I was using it, it was. I'm assuming the "new" stuff is the same glass as before.

If I wasn't broke and looking for a job I'd be ordering some right now. I love the way Kimble fumes.

daveabr
05-25-2010, 08:46 AM
i feel we're pretty competitive with other kimble dealers pricing

if people are interested in pallets, we can HOOK that up. get together with some buddies. holla at us!

chayes
05-25-2010, 09:12 AM
this aint the classifieds, advertise your stuff there.

sanity7975
05-25-2010, 09:57 AM
it is a legit question fool

mr t

SNYD
05-25-2010, 10:27 AM
Its hard to spend the cash to TRY something new when I already have a great clear that I use, Simax. Just saying if you want feedback send out some samples. My experience with Kimble in the past wasn't that great, but maybe when I need some clear I will give it a shot.

sanity7975
05-25-2010, 10:34 AM
well next time you call me to order simax syd you should ask for a free sample and maybe it will happen! never know!
peace out

somewhere
05-25-2010, 12:22 PM
I like that you can order kimble direct from Kimble I also like the $2.50 lbs pricing for tube. I also like that all the new kimble is in 5' lengths better then the old 4' lengths.

Unfortunately I was told Kimble is shutting down the plant. I don't really know if this is rumor or real but it sure would be sad to see the last American made boro shut down.

Cosmo
05-25-2010, 01:14 PM
I like that you can order kimble direct from Kimble I also like the $2.50 lbs pricing for tube. I also like that all the new kimble is in 5' lengths better then the old 4' lengths.

Unfortunately I was told Kimble is shutting down the plant. I don't really know if this is rumor or real but it sure would be sad to see the last American made boro shut down.

Where do you order it directly from them?

somewhere
05-25-2010, 03:53 PM
Is that a legit question?

They are located in NJ. They have a web site kimble.com They produce several catalogs with the full gamut you can buy anything from a 5 pot oil diffusion pumps (the holy grail) to a simple 24-40 ground joint. They send us new catalog every year. I would guess you need to set up an account and establish your pricing tier. I'm sure if you place a decent order off the bat you will get better pricing then going thru a distributor. Originally if you wanted to buy kimble you needed to order from Friedrich & Dimmock or someone that bought from them. When they stopped selling Kimble and went to Simax kimble started selling direct.

Kimble Glass Inc.
537 Crystal Avenue
Vineland, NJ 08360-3200
United States
Tel: 1/609/692-3600

I would guess you have to have a legit business and be willing to meet the minimum on the first order after that it's pretty easy.

wow I just checked out the web page I guess since kimble sold the business to The Gerresheimer Group things have changed. We can still order direct give them a call and let us know if their policy has changed.

somewhere
05-25-2010, 04:01 PM
It just struck me Kimble is not an American company any more. I wonder how long they will keep up production here. Soon their will be no American made borosilicate glass.

sanity7975
05-26-2010, 05:32 AM
kimble is now selling through distributors !!! abr imagery is just one of them

the will not sell directly! unless you buy truckloads!

they are making glass in the usa, the only usa manufacturer

you would think that the usa market , especially a bunch like you all would support that!

over 300+ american employees!!!

Cosmo
05-26-2010, 05:54 AM

Is that a legit question?

They are located in NJ. They have a web site kimble.com They produce several catalogs with the full gamut you can buy anything from a 5 pot oil diffusion pumps (the holy grail) to a simple 24-40 ground joint. They send us new catalog every year. I would guess you need to set up an account and establish your pricing tier. I'm sure if you place a decent order off the bat you will get better pricing then going thru a distributor. Originally if you wanted to buy kimble you needed to order from Friedrich & Dimmock or someone that bought from them. When they stopped selling Kimble and went to Simax kimble started selling direct.

Kimble Glass Inc.
537 Crystal Avenue
Vineland, NJ 08360-3200
United States
Tel: 1/609/692-3600

I would guess you have to have a legit business and be willing to meet the minimum on the first order after that it's pretty easy.

wow I just checked out the web page I guess since kimble sold the business to The Gerresheimer Group things have changed. We can still order direct give them a call and let us know if their policy has changed.

I'd say it's a legit question.

sanity7975
05-26-2010, 06:00 AM
good luck !

i doubt that they will even return your calls!

we will if you need the glass let us know we have it in stock!

peace

somewhere
05-26-2010, 10:15 PM
Just thought I'd revisit here with an update.
Kimble-chase the current owners of Kimble glass have shut down the only American boro plant. The Vineland NJ plant has chains on the gates complete shutdown which started in the beginning of April. They still have a good bit of stock being sold off but unfortunately that's it.
I'd keep your eye's open as I was told there are deals to be had as they unload the rest of the inventory.
We are waiting on some price quotes and some more info. I'll start a new thread when I receive the e-mails.

My guess is they will try to slide the Chinese version in as current stock is depleted but I'm just speculating.

I curious did kimble offer abr some kind of closeout deal. Does abr know the full story on what's in store for kimble? Do they plan on selling the Chinese version? Seems like they have a rep from Kimble I'd like to hear more info if possible.

Sometime79
05-27-2010, 02:32 AM
Hey 7975 I have ordered from ABR plenty but anymore you just consistently sound like a Jerk. I mean no offense only that you seem very short and derogatory with posts and replies. Dave (ABR) thanks for getting to the point quickly with this thread, but it does belong elsewhere as it was not originally a sales thread but a glass discussion. If this was in the Glass Discussion thread I would say I much prefer Simax to Kimble (old&new), and If it was in the Glass Discussion Thread I would also elaborate on my basis of opinion.

sanity7975
05-27-2010, 05:23 AM
you are full of it!
man i was just there and they are fully up and running may this year!

get your crap strait! we are to the point because we have the facts!

real knowledge can be quickly conveyed, or ignored. sounds like you have not tested out this new glass, since you think they are out of business hahahaha

sanity7975
05-27-2010, 05:28 AM
for those of you who dont know everything our free shipping offer still stands!

need bulk? give us a call!

somewhere
05-27-2010, 08:58 AM
Just thought I'd revisit here with an update.
Kimble-chase the current owners of Kimble glass have shut down the only American boro plant. The Vineland NJ plant has chains on the gates complete shutdown which started in the beginning of April. They still have a good bit of stock being sold off but unfortunately that's it.
I'd keep your eye's open as I was told there are deals to be had as they unload the rest of the inventory.
We are waiting on some price quotes and some more info. I'll start a new thread when I receive the e-mails.

My guess is they will try to slide the Chinese version in as current stock is depleted but I'm just speculating.

I curious did kimble offer abr some kind of closeout deal. Does abr know the full story on what's in store for kimble? Do they plan on selling the Chinese version? Seems like they have a rep from Kimble I'd like to hear more info if possible.

LOL I guess if you stir the pot you get a call. Kimble chase scientific has shut down a good bit of the scientific plant and are moving some of the scientific work over seas. The info given to me from Kimble was directed towards scientific apparatus not tube and rod. Gerresheimer the parent company is still producing tubing and rod. They tell me they are still strong and have no plans on moving the production anywhere. So no closeout deals no plant closing and no Chinese Kimble tube or rod. Sorry for the bad info.

I'm actually delighted to hear it. We have used Kimble for years and always thought the quality was ok. The Kimble metric has superseded the old stuff so it just gets better.

daveabr
05-27-2010, 10:02 AM
yup, still running strong.

we have a ton of stock! warehouse is FULL of Kimble.

call us, we are looking for bulk buyers, great prices if anyone is interested

sanity7975
05-27-2010, 01:13 PM
Glass is strait too!

stoneglassworks
05-30-2010, 01:10 AM
i used some kimble 5 years ago and it was awesome. but im stuck on the if its not broken dont fix it mentality. i know simax works for my product line, and the savings per tube doesnt seem significant enough for me to test it on my dollar. ill have to see if you guys can send me a tube or two to try out next time i order.

steven p selchow
06-03-2010, 08:46 AM
I used Kimble back in the 80's, and it was smooth as butter then, I've tried every kind of glass out there, mostly pyrex because that was supplied to me for nothing, then Kimble came into play and I used that because it was given to me, and I actually liked it better, Schot seemed to go down in quality, and Simax is also a good glass, but I'd go back to kimble with no hesitation providing the rods come with no scratches, or 9 out of 10 don't, just my opinion on the quality of it as I haven't used it for a few years.

steve

sanity7975
06-04-2010, 05:51 AM
we can get you some clean rods steve!
give me a call i will send you some!!!

the price difference per case is noticable!!!!

how about this !

you call and ask for your first sample case of kimble glass this week , ending 6-11-2010, and we will pay your freight and give you a free pound of northstar odd color glass, the color of your choice!

may be that will make this test worth your time

i guess you decide, this will be our last deal offer here to give you all a chance to test this great glass!

hope to hear from you!

you must call us to take advantage of this offer 8-5 monday - friday this week!