PDA

View Full Version : Huge Thanks to Tom and Elaine and GA!!!

jane clifton
08-15-2010, 09:18 PM
Just got home and wanted to send a huge THANK YOU to Tom and Elaine for the wonderful hospitality and lineup for this years AGI!! Can't even begin to describe how awesome it was!!! And a big Thanks to GA for sponsoring this event and helping to make the dream come true!!! Susan and Jodi, it was great meeting you and was so happy that you all were there this year. Henry and Thomas, thanks for the boro furnace and the awesome tubing you brought!!! Keep them coming!!
And to Kevin and the cooking crew.....you guys are definetly the unsung heros of AGI!! You guys outdid yourselves this year and it was greatly appreciated!!!!

I have pics to post but I'm going go sleep for about 2 days first!!!! Lol.

Miss you guys already!!!!

Jane

J Howard
08-16-2010, 04:11 AM
^^^^ heck yeah! thank you so much, i can't believe i haven't come down in so long, i've been really missing out. super big props to everyone, esp tom and elaine

Bo Diddles
08-16-2010, 05:48 AM
Best week of my life.

JBob
08-16-2010, 06:04 AM
Best week of my life.

agreed! :bouncy:

thanks a lot tom and elaine, 2 best weeks of my life were spent at AGI.

Mecha
08-16-2010, 08:58 AM
The last week was way more than I could ever have expected. Thanks Tom and Elaine for putting on such a wonderful event. It was awesome to finally meet so many of you. It was the most fun that I have had since I was a kid.

CCody
08-16-2010, 10:14 AM
O YES! what a good time! thank you Tom, Elaine, Kristian, and Kevin for working 20 hours a day to make it work! and demos from Luken, Mickelson, Bandhu,Kobuki, Roger, Henry..... Im still processing it all so... WOW
THANK YOU
I love you all, esp Yinzer and Aymie ;)
Christina Cody
c-ya next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yinzer
08-16-2010, 10:40 AM
yeah, what they said. you guys are awesome!

NA:heart:

TheGlassTree
08-16-2010, 01:18 PM
Yup it all take me all year just to process it all! Your guys dedication and generosity is amazing! Loved meeting all the people and feels it brings as all closer together as family!

dorko
08-16-2010, 06:08 PM
Thanks everyone. That was one truly amazing week, absolutely amazing.

Greymatter Glass
08-16-2010, 06:28 PM
Stopped in OKC for the night, easy drive home tomorrow, but I have my netbook up... so thought I'd pop in and say THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!! Tom and Elaine, Barry, Cindy, Kevin, Ivan, Dale, Don, Moch, Jared, Megan, Ron, the WHOLE GA crew, anyone else who helps make AGI happen I unfortunately missed in my list, sorry, but thank you all the same!

Oh, and thanks to Jaimie, Aymee, Alex V, julz, and Na for making the alcohol happen :) The beer is NOT included in the cost of the ticket, and these guys take on the challenge every year, so raise one to them when you get a chance! (and give them money for beer)

I had a great time and the week is just now starting to wear off (sadly) but i totally am looking forward to next year!

Will post my pics when I get home, I didn't get many tho.

Was great to see everyone again, and meet the new guys (and girls) see you again soon!!!

torchgirl
08-16-2010, 07:02 PM
Jane said it all. Thank you to everyone for making AGI a success. Thanks for sharing your friendship, tools, glass, and knowledge. It was an amazing experience.

blackstoneglass
08-16-2010, 07:26 PM
Thanks to everyone that makes AGI happen, espescially Tom and Elaine and everyone that did demos and let me watch over their shoulder. Best glass week of the year.I learned so much and am so stoked that I went out and rented some studio space today. Im back on the torch

UmaJulz
08-16-2010, 09:52 PM
Well put Jane!

Time to get ready for next year!!!

Slow
08-17-2010, 08:57 AM
God damn I love glass camp.

Well Done!

budman8778
08-17-2010, 09:01 AM
yes! big ups to tom and elaine! you two are incredible people. I wish i couldve said it in person, but the road was calling early on sunday for me. left by 9:30... Hope to be there next year. Thanks to everyone for being so accommodating the whole week. And of course kevin and his cooking... Damnnn good!

STROKER
08-17-2010, 09:30 AM
The World Would Be A Much Better Place If We Had More People Like The Doner's In It.

This Is By Far The Most Generous Couple I Have Ever Met.
I Could Sit Hear And Babble On All Day Long About Their Great Attitude And Spirit But Words Just Will Not Describe The Kind Of People That They Really Are.

The Tom And Elaine's Of The World Are Quickly Becomming Extinct. (we Could All Use A Life Lesson From Those Two)

Tom And Elaine, I Will Never Miss One Of Your Events Again. It Was A True Honor To Be Part Of This One. Thank You From The Bottom Of My Heart.

Thanks For Letting A Bunch Of Degenerates Run Around Your Massive Property, Gettin Crazy For A Week. By Far, The Best Time Of My Life.

Later,

J.Grimmett
08-17-2010, 03:11 PM
What a great event! This was my first AGI and it was beyond all expectations. A big thanks to Tom and Elaine for working so hard to make this event possible. Their vision and generosity is beyond words. As a first timer, I was really impressed by everyone who pitched in to make this event possible - Kevin and the kitchen crew, Dale, Andrew, Doug, Barry, Cindy, the demo artists and everyone else - Thank You!

I can't wait for AGI 2011! We had a planning meeting after everyone left and the ideas are already overflowing.

Cindy
08-17-2010, 07:46 PM
I'm still tired, but got the torch hooked up tonight. I had a blast. It was great to see so many old friends and meet so many new ones. I may even get brave at the torch and try some of the stuff I got to see!

Charlotte
08-19-2010, 01:37 PM
Thanks to all for making me feel so welcome. and thanks to Tom & Elaine for putting on such an amazing event. I have been telling everyone here what they have been missing out on.

TheGlassTree
08-20-2010, 05:48 PM
Dammit!!! I can't wait another year! Im so ready for AGI 2011 first real paycheck I'm throwing down my deposit.

colyerso
08-20-2010, 10:05 PM
I really enjoyed seeing you guys again this year :) Definitely the best week out of every year for me. Life without AGI just wouldnt be the same. Can't wait to see everyone again next year. Miss you guys already..... if anyone is ever in VA let me know!