PDA

View Full Version : Positive Experience with ABR

Dom
11-19-2010, 12:05 PM
Well, I figured since I talked so much shit about em in the past that its only fair to post up a little review of a good transaction with them.

I finally broke down and ordered from ABR(after vowing to never do so again) since they had some alien tech tubing and I wanted to try it badly I placed an order for a lb of alien a lb of elvis tubing and 10 opal spheres(black and white), over the internet.

I got a call back immidiately letting me know that they were out of stock on the white opals. That was nice, I know they never did that before. They had my COD total ready as well. Cody was pleasant to talk to on the phone.

Got my order the next day and everything was packed up real nice etc, The tubing was over weight, which I def appreciated. So two thumbs up this time.

Moral of my story is that everyone deserves a second chance(or maybe a third or fourth even) to make it right.

daveabr
11-19-2010, 12:26 PM
Thanks man, appreciate you takin time to post that.

We know we'd had some issues with you in the past. So, Cody and I personally picked and hooked up your order.

Cheers! Glad you noticed.

LTD
11-19-2010, 12:48 PM
Can't wait to see what you make with that sweet tubing!! Love to hear positive news.

hashmasta-kut
11-19-2010, 01:14 PM
i was just mentioning to my lady that no other company makes you wait 4 days and then sends an email saying we were out of stock on that sorry. thats what just happened to me, lol. glad you got lucky dom. i paid 4 days ago, and nothing is shipped and no return email to my reply either.

another time, i got a notice from them saying i owed 20c and it was between 60-90 days late, and i needed to pay up! that was pretty amazing. and how did i owe them 20c? i never got an invoice that i never paid for any amt, never mind 20c. its just mind boggling.

LTD
11-19-2010, 01:18 PM
My advice, call, don't email. I have always made my orders by phone and have had things work fairly well that way. No waiting for a reply when you have them right there on the phone.

hashmasta-kut
11-19-2010, 01:25 PM
My advice, call, don't email. I have always made my orders by phone and have had things work fairly well that way. No waiting for a reply when you have them right there on the phone.

dont really feel like talking to people who always seem to give me grief. and phoning from b.c. canada is gonna cost me. but for example, i like phoning MGA, cuz they have been great to deal with, nice guys, but i hardly ever bother unless i need to find something out, and online ordering is always smooth. and they actually just send me an email that day or the next if there is any concern, imagine that.

dom ordered thru internet. like i say he got lucky, but you shouldnt have to.

MUPH
11-19-2010, 01:35 PM
I placed an order earlier this week. I didnt hear anything right away so I decided to call them, I spoke to Dave and he said my order will be shipped out this afternoon.

Customer service is a tricky thing, you rarely hear when its good, but you always hear when its bad.

I've never had a problem with ABR but if I did I would call them first instead of bashing them on this forum.

Otis
11-19-2010, 01:42 PM
I just started ordering this year, but so far I've had nothing but quick and good service from ABR.

Gold Fire Glass
11-19-2010, 01:55 PM
[QUOTE=hashmasta-kut;548542]dont really feel like talking to people who always seem to give me grief. and phoning from b.c. canada is gonna cost me. but for example, i like phoning MGA, cuz they have been great to deal with, nice guys, but i hardly ever bother unless i need to find something out, and online ordering is always smooth. and they actually just send me an email that day or the next if there is any concern, imagine that.

I call them from B.C. Canada and it costs less than a buck or two per call.

I'll put my .02 in here . I have done 90 % of all my glass orders through ABR over the phone and through my account with them over the net and have never had a problem. When ordering over the net I have found them to be very responsive to my e-mails and any inquiries that I might have. I have spoken to Dave and Caleb both on a few occasions and found them to be very helpful. If I send my order in via my account at night I usually have an invoice the next am. The order will also get shipped that same day if the invoice is paid right away. Not to say this happens every time but it has happened more than once. On quite a few transactions Dave has really gone out of his way for me because he realizes shipping to Canada is a killer so he has made my ordering and shipping painless. Everything has always been packed well and no breakage.
I don't work for and am not associated with ABR in any way other than I am a customer .
This is just my .02 like I said . I will keep doing business with Dave and ABR no problem.

daveabr
11-19-2010, 02:19 PM
hash........we were way backed up this week due to the holidays coming up. i remembered you being upset about not getting all the joints you ordered last time.

so, when i saw your order about to go out with only 5 of 10 joints, we emailed you. thought you'd rather wait than get an order, pay shipping, and it not be complete.

i've told you before that the sizes of simax joints you order being in stock is spotty at best. also told you last time you ordered, that you got the last of them. we just happened to have 5 back in stock this time. please leave a note in the comments box when ordering online that you want notified of stock right away, or just call man. and we could straighten these things out right away. my desk is about 20 feet from the ground glass joints in our building. a 60 second phone call would clear up anything you need to know.

daveabr
11-19-2010, 02:20 PM
also, i'm a pretty easy guy to deal with on the phone. i go out of the way for people all day long. never given you grief, just the truth about simax joint stock.

hashmasta-kut
11-19-2010, 03:21 PM
i have never had to phone someone over a 20cent invoice in many years of online business, which i had to do with you guys. the call cost me more than 20cents, lol, which i never owed in the first place. i have had about 5 dealings with you, one was smooth. shipping is always exorbitant imo. i just wish more people carried 10mm joints, or i wouldnt trouble you guys for anything, cuz generally its not worth the trouble.

not too much hard feelings really, i just wanted to note, that although Dom got lucky, its just that, lucky. he made it seem like you guys have turned over a new leaf or something, but.... naw :D

hashmasta-kut
11-19-2010, 03:25 PM
hash........we were way backed up this week due to the holidays coming up. i remembered you being upset about not getting all the joints you ordered last time.

you recall incorrectly. what happened was i ordered joints, then my money was refunded. then like a day later you posted up - joints on sale, and i asked if you had any tenmm in cuz i just got my money refunded on them. then you clarified you had some now, and i ordered, and recieved 10.

LTD
11-19-2010, 04:29 PM
http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu23/LBaylieoner/hmk.png

BrassMonkey
11-19-2010, 06:48 PM
im happy with abr :)

hashmasta-kut
11-19-2010, 07:08 PM
yeah, me too,

(after vowing to never do so again)

MUPH
11-19-2010, 07:22 PM
I've never seen anyone more worthy of a troll infraction

faded
11-19-2010, 08:45 PM
i just spent a few hundred dollars at ABR, again. :)

happy as ever.

hashmasta-kut
11-19-2010, 08:52 PM
I've never seen anyone more worthy of a troll infraction

i have no idea where you are coming from. it is beneath me to start a thread to complain about this, and never would, not like many people who have before, but it rubbed me the wrong way to see a company getting praise that was giving me the runaround again, so i felt like showing another light on their current business practices, just so people would know. i was sent an email this morning from ABR around 6 am, and replied to it at 8:25, but they never bothered to reply all day. i guess they just do email checking once a day? sure slows down communication if thats the case.

they have screwed me around, i have never screwed them around. they always make you pay in advance, and then you just hope you get your stuff someday. :D

who's the real troll then?

berning
11-19-2010, 08:54 PM
yup. ....i call , order,they charge, they send ,i recieve........and repeat.

hashmasta-kut
11-19-2010, 08:57 PM
yup. ....i call , order,they charge, they send ,i recieve........and repeat.

MGA, Generations, yes, 100%

ABR, 1 out of about 5 dealings went like that.

no repeat.

berning
11-19-2010, 09:03 PM
huh , all of the above have treated me well. but this thread was about positve abr experiences. i'm pretty sure if anyone has negative thoughts on abr there's another thread about it.

LTD
11-19-2010, 09:06 PM
Maybe once you have been blowing glass a little while and grow out of the noobitius you will see that ABR do a good job. Call your orders in and ask that they check if they have what you want in stock. Plain and simple. This is how it was done for years before everyone became so interweb dependent.
I realize I am not as famous as you and I did not invent BHO and everything BHO related, but gimmie a break, it seems like all of your posts are complaining about an industry that puts food on your table.

steven p selchow
11-19-2010, 09:24 PM
ABR has an inventory uncomparable to most. Maybe not in stock, but willing to get it for you. I've had my problems like a lot of you, but Ross or the staff, Dave, have made it right. They have done mostly my custom images, and I don't think its who you are that matters, I've received nothing but great service from them, yeah, they screwed up a few orders, but didn't charge me or ask me to send it back, they re did it. Just my opinion, they always made it right with me, sure I had to wait longer than I expected to get it right, but When dealing with Ross himself, he added more to make up for it, I once ordered some custom stuff they got wrong, they told me to just keep it, no charge, and redid it sent it out at there expense, so everybody has a story to tell, but mine is positive. I spread the love around to all distributors who have the specials, ABR is no exception.

steve

Riley
11-19-2010, 09:27 PM
get on the phone aye :D

hashmasta-kut
11-20-2010, 09:19 AM
I am not as famous as you and I did not invent BHO and everything BHO related, but gimmie a break.

give yourself a break. you like to stick your nose in other peoples business and get offended. always have an opinion on everything, wether its pertinent or not. if you want a break, dont involve your self needlessly, and you become unaffected :)

LTD
11-20-2010, 10:17 AM
give yourself a break. you like to stick your nose in other peoples business and get offended. always have an opinion on everything, wether its pertinent or not. if you want a break, dont involve your self needlessly, and you become unaffected :)

I was offering good and positive advice based on over a decade in this industry. I Have to point out that others offered the exact same advice. Over half the post I see you make are down right negative. Almost every post I make is a direct response to a question asked, not a thread jacking complaint. I understand your feelings are hurt because I call you out, but as I have pointed out before I am usually just joking around.

MUPH
12-12-2010, 04:55 PM
Just had another ABR order go smoothly. Thanks guys!

smolder holder
12-12-2010, 08:02 PM
Just placed my first order from ABR this last week. Tubing and then I called back and added some tungsten picks to the order. ABR was professional and Caleb was more than happy to answer all my questions. Thanks ABR, looking forward to my shippment this week.

Ryan

Mac Maestro
12-12-2010, 08:15 PM
WOW! Dom - I never thought I would see the day when you had something good to say about ABR. Respect for that.

faded
12-12-2010, 08:18 PM
i'm wearing an ABR t-shirt right now. ;)
i even paid for it. :)

menty666
12-12-2010, 11:29 PM
Nice to see it going well :)

Kato
12-12-2010, 11:57 PM
dropped a good amount of money on abr recently and with the exception of me disliking my china black (not at any fault of abr) all went very smooth. I've had my bad experiences with abr in the past, but more and more recently they seem to be on their game. keep it up!

mwc
12-13-2010, 01:46 PM
I've got a kiln, tubing, and tools from ABR, several different orders and never a problem.

J Howard
12-13-2010, 11:10 PM
also, i'm a pretty easy guy to deal with on the phone. i go out of the way for people all day long. never given you grief, just the truth about simax joint stock.

i just ask for dave when i call. and then i never worry about my order, because i know it will be taken care of. call me old fashioned, but there's something about actually picking up the phone when you're spending money and you want it done right and its important. if you have all the time and it's no rush, intardnet away.

Boozeclues
12-14-2010, 01:18 AM
shipping is always exorbitant imo.

i just made 2 orders 1 from ABR and one from Mountian glass, bought glass from both and the boxes weigh almost the same according to the shipping info. ABR charged almost 20 bucks more for shipping and they are about 500 miles closer to me than mountian glass.

I know it could just be the carrier they use but damn thats a pretty big difference.

The guys at ABR seemed real cool and were very helpful though.

LTD
12-14-2010, 01:28 AM
i just made 2 orders 1 from ABR and one from Mountian glass, bought glass from both and the boxes weigh almost the same according to the shipping info. ABR charged almost 20 bucks more for shipping and they are about 500 miles closer to me than mountian glass.

I know it could just be the carrier they use but damn thats a pretty big difference.

The guys at ABR seemed real cool and were very helpful though.

Was it a box of tube from ABR? the 5 foot+ boxes cost a lot more to ship. What carriers were used?

Boozeclues
12-14-2010, 01:44 AM
Was it a box of tube from ABR? the 5 foot+ boxes cost a lot more to ship. What carriers were used?

Yes, and ABR used Fedex and Mountian Glass used Ups. Maybe its just me and Ups is cheaper cause theres a big sorting facility close by but i thought Id share about the shipping differences because i thought ABR was high

LTD
12-14-2010, 02:02 AM
What size box from mountain? And I must point out (I do a lot of shipping) the shipper does not set the shipping cost the shipping service does.
I am not dogging either company nor standing up for either company, just curious...

Boozeclues
12-14-2010, 02:47 AM
What size box from mountain? ..

Dunno yet niether box is here yet. im just going off my invoices and yhe weight from the tracking info.

LTD
12-14-2010, 03:32 AM
Well did you get tube from them? Just curious. I am freakin bored. can't sleep and just surfin the interdnet

Boozeclues
12-14-2010, 03:38 AM
i ordered tube, but thats what im waiting on

Natedizzle
12-14-2010, 09:17 AM
I had a recent great experience with ABR myself.

I had my manager order a 40mm herbie and some tools. I was a bit wary of buying another herbie from anyone but Arnold themselves... So I made sure she asked them repetedly what condition it was in.

It arrived 3 days sooner than I expected it, and you could tell that someone had unwrapped the herbie and repacked it well to make sure I would not be disappointed with some random issue.

I'm not sure who took care of my order, but I think she told me Dave and Cody.

Thanks guys! Its rocking the lathe right now!!!

LTD
12-14-2010, 12:12 PM
Weren't you on a three stage GTT at the DFO? Too many folks to remember who had what torch... I do remember you had freakin dope shears!

Boozeclues
12-16-2010, 11:50 PM
oh to be fair, when the box got here I found out it was 2 boxes not one, so that might have something to do with why the shipping was so high. everything was well packed and id say it was a good expirence, id buy from them again (even though i think mountian glass is my fav, love the bootlegs and they ship sameday)

Dom
12-17-2010, 02:41 AM
Had another good order with ABR, and Dave hooked it up. Just wanted to share the positive experience again.

ABRcaleb
12-17-2010, 07:08 AM
Thanks Dom!

VED
12-17-2010, 04:07 PM
besides the awsome hook up on cheap color at the show in madison, i just ordered some tools from them. no problems what so ever. i had a frustrating experience a couple years ago but. as far as i can tell they are on the ball now.

thanks again abr for the saw and swift delivery

menty666
12-17-2010, 07:09 PM
Shipping sucks... Your two boxes could both way the same, but because one's 6 feet long, it costs 30.00 extra. I mean, sure it requires a little extra special handling because it doesn't stack neatly, but it still sucks.

USPS rates go up based on box size too because they're getting charged by volume by the airlines.

B-Rye-oNeR
12-18-2010, 06:01 AM
Never had a major problem with abr, and if there ever was a mistake they made it right, never understood why people hate on them soo much.