PDA

View Full Version : No more T tanks from AirGas

Stegee
12-20-2010, 08:57 PM
Something about consolidating and going to all 282's and no 337's

They told me they would have to send off my customer owned tank to get filled... One week...

My leased tanks were switched to K tanks.

Anyone have this happen too?

ReLo442
12-20-2010, 09:18 PM
I hear a lot of different stories about a shortage in demand for oxy, companies downsizing their oxy side, switchin out tanks to all 1 size, and other bs.

I know my place takes 2-3 days to fill a owned K tank. I own 2 K tanks, one is his tank that i just swap out, and get a new bottle if/when i move, the other is my personal tank. I have only delt with K's tho but i did notice that last time I was at the gas place, he had nothing but K's anymore besides a few dewars.

Frankie Hess
12-20-2010, 11:37 PM
our airgas hasn't had T's for a long time.

Conchis
12-21-2010, 05:06 AM
Yep, no T's here either.

dnug42
12-22-2010, 09:35 AM
yea no T's in ca- use to get em CT....jus get dewar....

steven p selchow
12-22-2010, 09:36 AM
I have t's at my stock point here, airgas.

steve

bc
12-22-2010, 02:36 PM
got plenty of t's in Los Angeles too, I kept two for back ups when the liqiud kicks to avoid extra delivery fees. Never had a problem filling/exchange.

Just curious why do you guys not do just exchange tanks rather than getting 'yours' filled. Much easier for airgas to swap out prefilled tanks then to fill 'your' tanks on spot.

LTD
12-22-2010, 02:45 PM
Never have seen T tanks here. Always just used K tanks.

JSR Studio
12-22-2010, 03:32 PM
i get T's in VT but they frequently forget to restock them at the drop point b/c i'm the only one who uses them in that location...in that case they sell me a K for the same cost as the T which sucks a little.

bc
12-22-2010, 05:47 PM
I forget which is which, we use/get the 337's. Hell just make it easy an get liquid for yerself!

Cosmo
12-22-2010, 09:10 PM
We get the 337's here. I was there last week and they had probably 75-100 of them.

I wish I could get liquid. No way to get it here though...

harpentuan
12-23-2010, 03:42 AM
Lame question: but can you use a scuba tank?

I realize it's air instead of only oxygen, but I thought I would ask.
Also could you run the torch with the air that is 'normally' put in scuba tanks?

bc
12-23-2010, 07:31 AM
[quote=harpentuan;556212Also could you run the torch with the air that is 'normally' put in scuba tanks?[/quote]

no, it's a different type of air that doesn't work................................:crazy:

Greymatter Glass
12-23-2010, 08:24 AM
Airgas is managed regionally and locally. What one Airgas does in one are of the country has no influence on what Airgas does somewhere else. At the very top it's all one company, but they're split of regionally and some large cities qualify as their own region.

Currently AirGas is in the middle of a hostile takeover by Air Products so that may all change some time soon, but for now... "it's just you"

Airgas Southwest that serves me here has tanks in every available size. There is no 'T" or "K" or anything like that at Airgas. Those are designations assigned by Praxair for tanks of a certain size. A lot of people at Airgas know what you mean, but look at your bill, a "K" tank will be listed as a 330/337/350 depending on what it actually is, and even then it's an approximation since they're not always filled to the exact same level every time.

Anyways, if they tell you they're out of 330's or whatever it may be temporary, it may be a decision of management (watch the manager get in trouble from corporate), who knows... if you don't like it, go somewhere else?

steven p selchow
12-23-2010, 10:01 PM
Use to still see the swastika on an ocassional tank, but they filled it in to look like a square with a cross in it. haven't came across one in awhile, the stock point Is where I have to get them a few miles away, but we use to talk about the history those tanks saw. He said something about them using them on u-boats, but of course they were all over Germany during the war.. Interesting.

steve

LTD
12-23-2010, 10:31 PM
I still see the swastika tanks now and then. I have not been using cans for a few months now, but when I was it was not that uncommon to see them.