PDA

View Full Version : Constriction bats..

Boozeclues
01-28-2011, 09:43 PM
So after making a ton of these lately cause im noob and they are the only thing i can consitantly make I was wondering if anyone has ever done anything more then adding a few dots, a horn, or a lip wrap for decoration. I know the point of these is they are simple and if more artwork is required most people would just make a chillem or something else that needs to be puffed.

I have a few things in mind and will post them as I try them. If anyone else would like to share anything Id love to see

mistahead
01-29-2011, 04:22 AM
try sticking a piece of brillo in them....they'll fly off the shelf!!!

stackerson
01-29-2011, 04:30 AM
lol.....haqhahaha. yeah. some brillo or choreboy and your onies will be out the ffin door!!

LTD
01-29-2011, 04:48 AM
Or we could be constructive... Why not add a mushroom or a small frog or something along those lines?

Boozeclues
01-29-2011, 05:02 AM
theyd need alot of brillo, im using 16mm not those little flower tubes. My main point was doing different stuff to them so they dont resemble anything like that.

Ltd- thanks bro, You reminded me i wanted to try attaching marbles, maybe ill try some mini mushroom marbles instead of dots.

another thing i was thinking about was tring to make little constricon sherlocks

KT-Old School Glass
01-29-2011, 05:19 AM
You can fume them and lay some 4mm down then heat just enough to get the 4mm melted onto the tube (not fully melted flat) and twist back and forth. This is also good practice for wig-wags.

I use 12x2.2 for this because the ID is perfect to hold a cigarette.

Headdi Retti's Glass Art Studio
01-29-2011, 06:51 AM
That's a great simple idea! Awesome!

Icon Glass Studio
01-29-2011, 01:37 PM
ive seen some constriction mini sherlocks. they sell well

frillcappa
01-29-2011, 02:17 PM
anyone have a pic of one of these constriction mini sherlocks? I really wanna see one

Headdi Retti's Glass Art Studio
01-29-2011, 04:31 PM
^^^^^^^Yes, me too!, maybe a quick tut!

Boozeclues
01-29-2011, 10:11 PM
I could be wrong but i think you make your bowl then punty up to it the heat the whole piece till its hot and them kinda flip it like how you would with a full size one piece shirley.

I made a few attempts at different things today. mushrooms worked quite well even though i only tried one before i got kinda got the hang of it. I tried fuming and then doing some clear lines but got over ambitious and melted them all the way in. it worked but i cheated at puffed it a little bit. Ill throw some pics up when they are out of the kiln.

as promised just some stuff i worked on today.
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/marlbromn30/glass093.jpg

From top, fumed bat, Amber purple mushroom, amber purple filigrana, More dot's! forget what that color is called its light trancluecent pink then strikes to a deep red, and last a red crayon mushroom.

i learned a few things while doing these like how to actually make a mushroom and not a cupcake. How to pull a stringer.

smolder holder
01-30-2011, 05:51 AM
Stringer pulling is a necesity. Keep practicing that. I find that right around 2 mil works best for mushies.

Bats look good.