PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Missoula, MT

Jedeli173
02-02-2011, 05:05 PM
I'm moving to Missoula Montana to be with my two kids. I have over 15 years of glass working experience that started with a BA from Alfred University, three years in a wholesale neon shop with the full spectrum off duties, and rounded out by another 12+ yrs of lamp-working with the main focus being functional glass art. I'm looking for a production studio in or around that area. I have all my own stuff. Liquid oxygen tanks is preferable, but not a requirement. I can get you numerous references if you need them and have one of the broadest knowledge bases on glass properties and information that would make my presence a valuable asset to everyone at the studio. I'm looking at getting there in early march but won't have the time or immediate resources to set up a shop until I've figured out exactly where I'm gonna be. I've built at least 10 lamp-working shops and a neon shop twice (old and new locations) for Elements glass in Portland, OR that was used for the 2008 G.A.S. conference by Jacob Fishman and various others. If you have an open studio space or know of one please post your information. I appreciate any and all help you can provide. Thank you.

vetropod
02-02-2011, 06:40 PM
It's hard to find lampers in Montana.

Contact ScirE:
http://www.talkglass.com/forum/member.php?u=3879

and Hippy Andrew (doesn't look like he's posted in a year, though):
http://www.talkglass.com/forum/member.php?u=1042

Good luck!!! Enjoy Montana, winter SUCKS there although maybe it's better in Missoula than it was in Bozeman...

krzy23lgs
02-03-2011, 02:24 PM
I live in Montana.....I would call Peace of mind in Missoula and talk to the manager about who maybe around....she helped me out and shes pretty knowledgable.....I have just ordered my torch so I cant tell you what you want to know but I would really like to take a class from you if and when you get set up.

montana420
04-20-2011, 10:02 PM
i live an hour out of missoula probly to far for you but i would like to get together and talk shop sometime.