PDA

View Full Version : FS: LNIB Jeff Rogers torch stand

Lub
03-05-2011, 01:36 PM
Hello all, I bought one of Jeff's torch stands last week, because I've been having a hard time finding anything tall enough to put my torch on when I feel like standing and working (Mostly a sitter)

What I didn't realize is how much I like to tuck my legs under the table, and how the adjustment bar on the stand kind of gets in the way. It can be cut, so if I cut 3-4 inches off, I could better slide under the table, but then it wouldn't go as high, and I didn't want to affect the value of it. One issue is that you need to drill the holes in it yourself, as all GTT hole spacings are different according to blast shield. It is drilled for a mirage, not sure if any other GTTs will fit or if it will require a replacement plate to drill new holes. If you are interested, measure the space between the two horizontally mounted screws holding your torch to the black base....I'll let you know if it matches up or not.

It is a great product, made very well like all their tools, but I feel it's more practical for someone who always stands when working, but likes to dial in the exact height.

So minus the fact that it has two holes drilled in it, its brand new. Paid about $140 for it, I'd probably ship it out for around $110?

http://www.theblastshield.com/jeffrogers.html

Frankie Hess
03-05-2011, 02:37 PM
I sit and had the bar lengthened to where it almost touches the floor when I am sitting. This gives a lot of room for height adjustment.

Anyways, I had the same problem and had Blastshield make me a couple of metal plate extensions to get the torch back further from the shaft.

Here is a pic....

InIty
03-05-2011, 07:06 PM
Could one mount a CC on this stand?

aklovesglass
03-06-2011, 08:57 PM
i want it, dibs. if no one else has :D

Lub
03-09-2011, 04:02 PM
they make one to mount CC but this one is for a gtt.