PDA

View Full Version : my new piece!!!!

Pakoh
01-09-2006, 06:09 PM
I am stoked to have this hanging on my wall!!!!

http://www.glasspipes.org/Gal14277_NOMAD_remixed_by_Pakoh.asp

:)

$$$$$$$
01-09-2006, 08:17 PM
woo hoo!!

somberbear
01-09-2006, 08:25 PM
as always pakoh im impressed with your work...

thought provocing....

keep it up and nice to see ya posting ...

peace
rob

Pakoh
01-09-2006, 09:06 PM
thanks

I gotta call out that i think it is BS that this piece was removed from Glassartist.org front page...

it is a glass art piece through and through... WTF????

timinny420
01-09-2006, 09:09 PM
i'll second that

PyroChixRock
01-09-2006, 09:16 PM
woops, sorry my bad. Looked like a pipe to me, and I didn't check well since a lot of your gallery on GA is filled with pipes. That very last pic is a bit deceiving, being that it’s a pipe and all...

Hey I was wondering, since I’m here… You traded him a piece for his piece, and then smashed it...did you make this piece to bash on Nomad?

Pakoh
01-09-2006, 10:01 PM
Im not bashing Nomad...

I simply like to take whatever someone says is not "art" and put it up as "art" to make them question themselves. I tought Nomad was bashed on so much i would flip it around to say even a Nomad piece can be art in the right context. Society might say a pipe is not "art". A pipemaker might say a Nomad pipe could never be "art". I say Never say Never. Licence to Kill. Die another Day. Octopussy.

let my nomad go!!!!

I didnt know you took stuff off those pages??? i thought it was Justin....

you might have seen his Pakoh bub that he posted (actually a Dub).. it got removed for being dirty probably... he loved it!!! and when i explained myself to him privately through email, he said cool.

PyroChixRock
01-09-2006, 10:07 PM
I help out when I have time, but normally I don't do shit, I’m too busy.

I'm glad it's not bashing on Nomad, that's how it came across at first. It is a nice piece, I can't put it back on the front page though, I'm really sorry! :( You could upload it again. :)

coil1002
01-09-2006, 10:25 PM
Im not bashing Nomad...

Society might say a pipe is not "art". A pipemaker might say a Nomad pipe could never be "art". I say Never say Never. Licence to Kill. Die another Day. Octopussy.

I have always loved a good Pipe I have always thought good pieces are exceptional art. I don’t smoke so I have no real use for them but I love to go through Glasspipes.org and just look at some of the sickest combinations of implosion wigwag inside out you name it can all be in one piece. I do not think most people know the time and work that goes into a good Pipe or they just get hung up on its function and never look past it. It’s rather sad. So to have someone making pipes more contemporary art that hangs on a wall I think its great.

somberbear
01-09-2006, 10:25 PM
one of these days i aspire to have a peice of yours... i dig your work...

till that day ill keep working till i can make you think about something...

Pakoh
01-09-2006, 10:27 PM
i believe in this one enough to re upload it!!!

I really do have it hanging in my home and i think it just looks cool.

Plus i smashed plenty of my own pipes... it was time to do it to something someone else made.

PyroChixRock
01-09-2006, 10:29 PM
Cool, sorry about the extra work. :)

burnoutboy
01-09-2006, 10:29 PM
i can only think of one thing to say....

"Hardcore"

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Pakoh
01-09-2006, 10:40 PM
I put notes to explain on the galleries now so there wont be any confusion....

no worries Misha... long time eh???? hows life???

You too pan the man....

gotta keep it real in 06... (dont mind me... i been sick so its the nyquill talking)

PyroChixRock
01-09-2006, 10:44 PM
lifey and shit...you?

Pakoh
01-09-2006, 11:04 PM
sniffley sneezy stuffy head fever dopey cant sleep taking medicine....

fl0werchilde
01-10-2006, 12:32 AM
wow feeling like that and still able to cre8 :) you really ARE da' man :)
it's a really original concept - i like it a lot :)

rustyglass
01-13-2006, 02:00 PM
quote, "Im not bashing Nomad"...... next quote, "I just want to show that even a Nomad piece can be art..."

I get the piece. I think it was a great idea. I get what you were doing with the piece, but if I were Nomad, I dont think I would have let you off the hook so easily for that one. I seems to me that he believes in himself or he wouldnt be posting his work, so if I were him, I would take it as a knock. "I need you to brake my piece to make it good????" I dont know, I guess I have more pride than that.

That said, Im still a fan. Big fan.

Pakoh
01-16-2006, 09:18 PM
"i would flip it around to say even a Nomad piece can be art in the right context"

you cant deny his reputation, and history which make him an iconic figure to some degree.

Does he need me to make his pipe good??? No... To make his pipe better, requires more practice and perhaps some guidence from more experienced technical blowers. I see how it can be taken as you put it, but there is more than that going on here.

I feel i could have done this with anyone. the limit was whose piece i could get and how "iconic" are they in the pipe industry.