PDA

View Full Version : FS or Trade: Tektronix Digital Oscilloscope

soul777toast
03-26-2011, 03:32 PM
Hi guys,

Any of you glass geeks into electronics as well? I've got a Tektronix TDS 1002B two channel digital storage oscilloscope that I'm looking to either sell or trade for a decent two stage torch. This thing is essentially unused and includes all the original manuals, software, paperwork, and probes, as well as an extra probe and a usb cord for connecting to a PC. I bought it when I was starting to take classes online and ended up never finishing, and now I'm trying to really ramp up production in my shop and I'm in dire need of a quad manifold two stage torch.

Google this model scope and you'll see they sell new for between $1100 and $1200, I'm asking for $1000 shipped or preferably as stated I will consider any decent two stage torch, must be quad manifold as I'm definitely going to want to use it with a foot pedal. If I had my pick I'd look for a decent used Phantom, but I'll also take a good condition CC or any other torch in this range (no clogged ports or busted valves please unless the torch is significantly better than a CC or Phantom). I'd also consider an older CC plus cash or a pedal.

I've also got a Nortel Major Minor (premix rider) that I'm selling, I'm asking $200 for it or I'd include it with the scope for a better model torch.

Here's some pics, anyone interested?

frillcappa
03-26-2011, 03:57 PM
Thats cool as hell...

soul777toast
03-26-2011, 07:17 PM
Lol yah I'm sad to have to get rid of it, but it's definitely one of those things I've had sitting around that I just keep meaning to get around to using more and never seem to have the time, and if I finally just broke down and decided a torch is just more important. It'll definitely make someone a very happy tech geek though, hope I can find a good home for it lol ;P

loydb
03-27-2011, 05:58 AM
I wish I'd seen this a month ago. My 30+ year old Tektronix 475 finally stopped behaving, and I replaced it with a Protek 6506. :(

That's a nice scope, I hope someone grabs it.

soul777toast
04-02-2011, 10:22 AM
Nobody's interested? Cmon guys, there's gotta be SOMEONE else here who's into electronics! I'll drop the cash price to $900, and will throw in my major/minor for a trade for a decent torch. This is a seriously nice scope and it's essentially brand new, someone's gotta have a use for it lol! I'll give it a while longer and then I'll probably just have to put it on the 'bay.

Kevin Bumble
04-02-2011, 12:57 PM
what this thing do? sorry for being stupid and not using google

soul777toast
04-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Lol unfortunately for me, if you need to ask it's probably not something you would want ;P It's a device for measuring and analyzing electrical signals. You attach a probe to whatever you want to measure and it graphs the changes in voltage over time (for example, if you hooked it up to a speaker wire coming from a stereo it would display the electronic signal that would create the sound that would come from the speaker). It has many more capabilities than just that, for example it can do things like making mathematical calculations based on the input and comparing multiple input signals, but that's a pretty good basic description. Some of the things that make one oscilloscope better than another are how quickly it can take samples from the input, the range of voltages it can accept, the number of inputs that it has, what kind of calculations/functions it can do, etc. etc. etc.... This one is pretty decent, it can take readings at 1 Gs/s, or about 100,000,000 samples per second. The really good ones can do over 50Gs/s, and can cost over $40,000, although you really only need something like that in the most extreme and sensitive of applications.

Ok, long winded explanation, hope that answers your question ;P Now SOMEONE BUY IT SO I CAN GET A TORCH Lol! >_<

Kevin Bumble
04-02-2011, 06:46 PM
yup.. cool i will let my electrical engineer friend know thx

Kevin Bumble
04-02-2011, 06:48 PM
do you use it for dub step?

soul777toast
04-02-2011, 11:17 PM
lol well you could use it to assist in the building of homebrew synth stuff, which could be used in dubstep... or you could use it to aid in circuit bending, which would probably be really cool in dubstep ;P in fact, you'd probably be hard pressed to build your own audio equipment of any kind without one of these...

TlkQ
04-03-2011, 12:01 AM
Could very much so be used for dubstep. Wobble wobble

loydb
04-03-2011, 06:11 AM
Soul - I'm going to post a link to this on the various analog synth DIY forums I hang out on, maybe it will stir something up. I checked, and my Protek is past its return period, so no dice here... So if some stranger in a lab coat and a cape contacts you about it, you know where they're from. :)

soul777toast
04-03-2011, 09:40 AM
rofl cool thanks man, but he might get lost in the huge crowds of strangers with lab coats and capes that I run into daily... ;P no really though thanks, I appreciate it! to bad about your protek, but thanks for looking out and helping!

TlkQ
04-03-2011, 09:47 AM
Posted it on my Facebook for you. I know lots of electronic music producers

soul777toast
04-03-2011, 11:58 AM
cool thanks a bunch, with a little help I'll be raging it up with a new torch before I know it!