PDA

View Full Version : tucson show

langglass
01-26-2006, 12:44 PM
hey anyone out there do the tucson show? how is it? how do you get involved? any info would be great.

Julian
01-26-2006, 01:14 PM
There is no 'The' Tucson show!!
There's about 45 shows going on at once there, from the Jan 26 through Feb 12th or so.
There are 15-25 wholesale gem, mineral , fossil and stone bead type shows, 5-7 retail/wholesale bead shows, and a bunch of mineral/fossil shows and diamond type shows.

Check out http://www.tucsonshowguide.com/tsg/show_info.cfm for a good list.

The bead shows are The Whole Bead show, Lewis W's Best Bead show, Bead Rennaissance, and ABC Direct (A Beaucoup Conge') and also some newer shows like To Bead True Blue. These have the same type of exhibitors you'd find at Bead and Button or BeadFest, i.e. lots of lampworkers, lots of stone beads, findings, and all sorts of bead type items.

The more well known stone bead/gem/mineral shows are the Gem and Lapidary Wholesalers shows and the AKS shows, for instance - GLW does the Holidome, the Rodeway and the Gem Mall. AKS does the Howard Johnson and La Quinta. You're more likely to find stone companies from Hong Kong and people selling silver jewlery and stone rough at these shows than lampworkers, except lampworkers from China. There are some people like Paula Radke And Bella Venetian at the Holidome though.

Then, theres shows like the Electric Park one, which feature lots of fine mineral and fossil display specimens and lapidary equipment.

Basically every hotel and convention center in town is filled to the brim with stuff to buy.

langglass
01-26-2006, 07:58 PM
okay so what would be a good intro show to do? would it be a good thing to get a spot with someone else to cut the cost the first few times?

medicatedMELTDOWN
01-26-2006, 08:01 PM
can anyone tell me about the Tucson Flame-off?

I talked to Bandhu today and he said he is going to be in it and it's on Feb 3rd...but I dont know anything else.........like where or what time.

......any info would be appreciated

baggedchevys
02-04-2006, 02:42 AM
well i can tell you the Bead Rennaissance series of shows seems to be a waste of time we have been to 3 and all of them have had major issues resulting in no sales due to lack of foot traffic. my mom is in tuscon right now at the Bead Rennaissance show and it sucks