PDA

View Full Version : need more space in my thread for pix :D

Blissful Glass
10-10-2011, 05:02 PM
Im at my max limit for the cool things I can post. I dont want to start a new one because this is the link I give people when they want to see my gallery. can you please help me, thank you

somberbear
10-10-2011, 05:14 PM
um they have to join our site just to see your gallery? you need to set up a gp/ga account (or any other image hoster) and just like them in your thread ... then any one can see it with out jumping threw hoops.

also our server space is limited.

Julian
10-10-2011, 06:59 PM
We have a set limit for attachments per member. You may wish to resize some old photos (yours are pretty large, per picture, in terms of pixel dimensions as well as file size) which will free up some space. Or, like somber suggested, use alternate image hosting.

I recommend imgur.com. They offer unlimited file hosting to anyone. You can upload through their website or phone apps (Android). Imgur even gives you a [img] tag you can paste directly into your posts, which is pretty convenient.

Blissful Glass
10-10-2011, 11:12 PM
thanks guys, guess i got to stop my thread there :(. its all good tho thanks to imgur.com
so should I not post another pic thread?
and how is it that HMK has some 72 pages with most containing pix. his pix look about the same size as mine, what am i doing wrong?

somberbear
10-10-2011, 11:21 PM
we arn't hosting his pictures. he has them on another site. and directly links them. into the thread. you can do this by getting the direct link from your image host. and hitting the little landscape button at the top of the bar. this will bring up a dialog where you can post your picture url. and hit ok... and it will post your picture. in your post.

You can have how ever many pictures in a thread you want , keep the same one going. but we can only host so many of them before our bills get bigger. if you host your pictures off site and link to them like i said above. your fairly unlimited in the amount you can post sence we arnt paying to store them.

also you can send the link from your image host to people that are not members of this board. can they can see them.

Julian
10-11-2011, 12:02 AM
Yeah, unfortunately we don't have a very large amount of disk space on our current hosting plan, and can't increase the per user limit right now. We're working on that as part of upcoming upgrades. Starting more threads is no problem, the limit is only for images uploaded as attachments.

You can definitely embed imgur or photobucket or flickr photos into threads here, using the IMG tag as Somber has described and it works pretty much the same way. If you have any questions about how to make it work we'd be happy to help.

Blissful Glass
10-11-2011, 11:21 AM
Thank you very much guys for the help :D. when im famous I wont forget who helped me along the way :D